Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2006, 09:34 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Default 300+ And Ready to Try Again...#817

WELCOME !!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for Amazon on any page in the forum, or by clicking on the button on the main 3FC page at www.3fatchicks.com . A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's like $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!!
Old 01-29-2006, 09:46 PM   #2  

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippieMomma
p.s. Has anyone checked out the biggestloserclub ? I find the show inspiring and wondered if the program was worth paying $20/month...
Like (almost) everything else you need to join to see what it's all about, which I did. It's just a well balanced calorie diet (depending on how much you weigh). You can make substitutions on foods if you want. They have menu plans, shopping lists and a forum too. It advertises that you can ask the trainers Bob & Jillian questions, but from what I read (from) the posters they don't answer. I asked for my money back the next day, no miracles, lol! But I love the show, instant gratification.
Old 01-29-2006, 09:53 PM   #3  
determined to lose

jjmoreta - I take several supplements. Fish Oil, vitamin C, Balanced B complex, vitamin E, glucosamine (for my knees), and a multivitamin. I take the fish oil 3 or 4 times a day spread out with my other meds.

Kayle - there is such a thing as low-carb vitamins??

doinvinnie - Thanks for the low-down on the biggest loser. I was curious as well.

My best friend since 2nd grade called me a minute ago to wish me a HB! I had not heard from her in close to a year so it was very good to know she still cares about me. I am one of those people who figure if I dont hear from you and you dont return my call, zip I am out of your life for some reason. Low self-esteem city!
Old 01-29-2006, 10:06 PM   #4  

Garnetfairy - Yep! If you go to the store, they are "One a day CarbSmart", although, I'm going to get the Equate brand at walmart...same product, lower price!

If you are all feeling BRAVE, I posted 3 pics on the picture page, if you wanna see the HORROR! LOL
Old 01-29-2006, 10:07 PM   #5  
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FS72
I take :

Green Tea Supplements
Vitamin C
Omega 3-6-9
One A Day Carb Smart

Felicia
I take One a Day Weight Smart. I'm not much a fan of pills, being I have enough medication to take! LOL.
Old 01-29-2006, 11:13 PM   #6  
determined to lose

I just finished 1.5 miles with WATP. boy are my legs tired.
Old 01-29-2006, 11:26 PM   #7  

Hello everyone! I hope your weekends were good ones! I havent had much time to get to the computer this weekend, and boy...did I miss alot of posts! Maybe tomorrow I will have time to go back and read them all! LOL

I do know someone asked me a few days ago what my husband does in the Navy that keeps him below deck while out to sea...Mike is an AT...Aviation Electronics Technician. That means, he doesnt actually touch the planes themselves, just the computers that run them, and the radar. So, if something breaks, they remove that component (all the "computers" are boxes that slide in and out of the cockpit), take that box to him, he fixes it and it goes back to the plane. When on ship, they work 12 hour shifts, and to make time go by faster, most people work their 12, and sleep the other 12 (or there abouts)...so, not much time for sightseeing "topside!"

My best friend back home and his wife have started a "Biggest Loser" between them. They work at it for 3 months, then at the end of the 3 months, the winner (biggest loser!) gets to choose a long getaway weekend! I hope he wins, cause he said they would come to visit me! We have been best friends for about 15 years now, but since I moved away 3 years ago, he hasnt been able to come visit. It would be great if they could!

Other than that, my weekend wasnt really exciting, just lots of time spent keeping the kids busy and happy. 4 year olds take SO much work! LOL

Have a great night everyone!
Old 01-29-2006, 11:40 PM   #8  

Heather - I hope your friend wins! What a nice incentive for losing weight!

I'm finally off to bed! I think I should be able to sleep now! Going to try and do more of the "Dance Away The Inches" dvd tomorrow before I leave. I have CPR Certification at work tomorrow at 3pm, and then class from 5-6:30. Oh Boy! lol Night chickies!
Old 01-30-2006, 02:07 AM   #9  

Hi everyone! I kept meanign to get in here and post this weekend and never seemed to. I woke up and couldn't get back to sleep, so here I am

I took my measurements today- I kept putting it off when I first started making lifestyle changes and now I'm sad I did because I don't have before numbers to compare. I do know I've lost over 6" off my hips & bust, and 2-3" off my waist from when I was sewing myself a costume last August, but other then that I don't have much of a reference. And I'm sure I'm not the only one that tends to wear stretchy clothes so its hard to tell sometimes without actually looking at the numbers. I do know a lot of my pants are fitting loser and I wore a pair of non-elastic waist or drawstring pants for the first time in ages....and I hadn't forgotten how to button & zip Its funny how little things like just aren't a part of your wardrobe when you hit a certain point.

How often do you guys measure yourselves? Do you do it yourself or have someone else do it? What do you measure besides the basic bust, waist & hips? How do you make sure you're in the same spot each time? I found myself making notes that I measure my right thigh 3" above the top of my surgery scar & things like that. Do other people do that or am I being silly? Have you picked out the size you would like to be?- like a goal weight? I know its silly but I can't wait until I can wear a size 14. Who knows what my final size will be, but I have always thought in terms of being X-number of inches away from a size 14 in my dieting journals over the years.

JJMORETA- I take daily vitamin (Centrum Silver becasue its chewable & easier for my system to absorbe), calcium and prescribtion iron for anemia. In addition that, I take Flax Seed Oil for my Omega 3, 6 & 9 fatty acids, Evening Primrose Oil (GLA fatty acids & Omega6 & 9- its great for helping reduce period pain for me and PMS stuff), Acidopholis (to counter the low dose nightly antibiotic I take to prevent recurring UTI's...don't want yeast infection either), and a B12 supplement. I find if I want better quality without paying the higher local health food store prices, that iHerb.com is pretty good.

Ammi- I could never do the once a month weighing bit- that would drive me crazy. Of course right now I have been weighing myself daily- most days morning & night- since I've been losing so much water weight so fast now that I'm back on my allergy med. Once things settle down, I'll be able to go back to once a day or just a few times a week, but I do have to say its been fun seeing the scales go down just about every time I've gotten on them in the past 9 days with losing 15.5 pounds....another 1/2 pound & I can get back to losing weight again after this little side track.

doinvinnie- Jillian has posted in the Biggest Loser area here at 3FC. Its kind of neat to read her responses to questions from people here. There are a bunch of ladies over there who are using her books & videos- you might want to check it out. I still haven't gotten the Biggest Loser Workout DVD- I wasn't up to going to WalMart after teaching & running other errands Thursday, but I plan on getting it this week- I can't wait to try it and see if I can even do the easiest workouts yet.

Garnetfairy- I missed wishing you a Happy Birthday! It sounds like you had fun & its great you heard from your old schoolmate too.

Heather- I always wondered about what its like when they are at sea for that long. It really doens't sound like his life if much different then if he was on a sub. Can you contact him when he's at sea?

I'm off to try to get back to sleep....
Old 01-30-2006, 04:36 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

HAPPY (BELATED) BIRTHDAY GARNET!!!! I am 41 on the 8th of Feb, its great having birthdays this time of year as after Christmas there's only the better weather to look forward to!!!!
I am down today, weigh-in day, I GAINED 2lbs!!! I had 6-7 chocolate coins I found in our bedroom (??) the boys must have bought them in around Christmas, I also had 3 glasses of port and a handful of small cracker things , surely they wouldn't make me gain? I have learned my lesson now, booze only on special occasions, exercise EVERY week day and choccy or 'treats' only on weighing day, only if I REALLY need them!!!
Sorry for no personal replies, I really have to get some exercises done, I have been busy this week-end EXERCISING and tidying up after the boys (a full time job ) and there's still loads to do!
xxxsharon
ps Ammi I will try & catch you on msn later, I tried yesterday but you weren't online.
Old 01-30-2006, 07:41 AM   #11  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Alright, enough messing around. I've been eating insane amounts of food lately, and not all healthy stuff. Today is my re-dedication to my diet, to my health, to myself. I packed my food for the day and planned ahead for dinner, and I started playing with my exercise ball last night, even if only to do some crunches (better than nothing!). I have eaten my way back up to 283.5 as of this morning (from a recent low of 268-269), but I refuse to change my ticker to that since we had Subway and Chinese food yesterday, so I bet a little of that is just water. I'll check again later in the week when I've had some time to flush out some crap
Old 01-30-2006, 08:27 AM   #12  

OK, guys. I'm going to be painfully honest here.

I did the diet all day Saturday and yesterday up until dinner. I had to eat boiled potatoes with my dinner (without light margarine or anything). I couldn't take it. I went in the kitchen to find something else to substitute for the potatoes (some other starch that I could exchange for the potatoes). On my way in there, my husband handed me a pint of Haagen Dazs to put back in the freezer for him. Ummm... it didn't make it back into the freezer!

So I blew it on the second day.

However, I weighed this morning and I lost 3 pounds of fluid (the book said I would and then more actual weight after).

So, I'm going to look this plan over and see if there's a way to make it work for me.

The problem I find with it is that values are only given for a certain number of foods (so it's leaving out a lot of the foods I normally eat and I would have to give them up while on the program). The ladies who wrote the plan admit that they don't have and can't get the values for the other foods (for scientific reasons/they are not scientists). Basically, in my opinion, they put this plan together quick to get it out there and didn't "complete" it for a normal person who eats normal foods. I still think it's a very valid plan, but I'm going to have to find a way to make it work for me.

I can have all the fat free salad dressing I want, which I could've put on the potatoes, but I didn't have any in the house (I didn't realize I would need them, even though I read the book twice). I also can't give up sweets altogether so I'm going to have to figure something out. I'm going to have to sit down and work out snacks or something to keep me going.

I'm going to give it another try. Just because I blew it one day doesn't mean I'm trashing the whole diet. I just thought I should be honest and admit what I did (for my own sake). And this is a safe place where I can do that.

I have a busy day today and I didn't want to eat bran flakes before going before my doctor's appointment, if you know what I mean. So I'll try again tomorrow. Sigh.

I'm also going to make my husband HIDE all of his goodies so I won't be tempted!!!
Old 01-30-2006, 10:04 AM   #13  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

UGH, I had just written a response post and hit "submit" and I got the "server is too busy at the moment" message, and lost the post! That has been happening to me a LOT lately! Very frustrating!!

ANYWAY...

Tasha--I must have missed it...what new diet are you trying? Is there a reason you're trying this specific plan? I only ask because if it seems to restrictive, then it probably isn't the plan for you. Of course, if your doctor recommended it or something, then I should just keep my mouth shut, but if it seems too demanding, it may be too difficult to stick to long-term

Well, I've been on-plan for a good 5 hours now I don't know why I think today is THE day--my TOM is supposed to start tomorrow But I will have to learn to conquer that as well as all of my other emotional demons, so no excuses!
Old 01-30-2006, 10:09 AM   #14  

Christine- When hubby is out to sea, he has access to email from his work station. Some times, its great, cause if I am around, we can "chat" via back and forth emails...other times, depending on how busy he is or where the ship is, emails get "stuck"...we once went a month where I didnt get any emails from him, then one day, I got like 20! Its like, they just stacked up until the Navy felt there were enough in there and sent everyones at once.

At least its better than before email, I mean, there is no phone, so it was snail mail back then, and that seemed to take FOREVER!

I have an hour before Ember gets home from school....so, I am heading out to walk the dog...I even remembered to grab my pedometer today! Lets see....1 mile...thats my goal, but hopefully I can do more!
Old 01-30-2006, 10:44 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Tashabella, I know how you feel, we just have to master that 'N' word and keep saying it , something I found that works most of the time is to pause and ask myself "Do I want this enough to slow down my weight loss/gain weight, undoing all of my hard work?" it works MOST of the time.
Jilly there is no point in waiting if your body/brain says NOW! go for it, we all get those choccy/booze/whatever's bad cravings around TOM, so we have to handle it like you say.:hug:
Felicia, thanks for the kind words, what plan are you following? You have lost loads of weight.
Everyone else, we keep trying, never say die, or at least "I'll have some more!" giving up getting healthy is giving up on ourselves, WE DESERVE IT! Success, that is!!! bye for now,
xxsharon
Closed Thread