Old 01-28-2006, 09:16 PM   #1  

Angry Going off plan (ok, cheating I suppose)

I have been on the plan for 4 1/2 weeks and have lost right at 9 lbs, so not bad I think.

Anyhow, I have followed the plan EXACTLY for this time - until last night. I was husband - less and child - less. DH out of town, DD at Grandma's.

Anyhow, so I ended up having about 12 oz of wine about 12 last night. Boy did I get flack from the COD today. She was just getting on my last nerve. First it was that, then well for "Today Only" special on the supplements, then well are you going to have an answer on Monday about continuing the program? I won't even get into all of that.

As I been reading the boards, it seems that most people have issues every now and then and eat something they shouldn't. I thought I was doing so well, but she made me feel like crap.

So are there any people out there that just never, ever do anything off plan over months of time? I certainly didn't drink New Years Eve because of just starting, but I really thought last night that I deserved it....

Sheila
slecompte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 09:56 PM   #2  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Sheila- We all cheat from time to time. Your COD is way out of line to freak about 12 oz of wine. Don't worry about it, just keep on plan, and try to see a different counselor next time. Katie
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 10:12 PM   #3  

Sheila- there are somethings that you dont have to tell them unless you need to because of a drastic gain or something. But one glass of wine, you need to set that lady straight.

I dont think it hurt just drink some extra water for that day and go on....I am not telling you to go out and eat a bag of ccokies or nothing like that. But I just dont consider that cheating.

Dont worry just keep on keepin' on, tomorrow is a new day.

Bernadette
thnknthn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 10:20 PM   #4  

Bernadette - I did consider whether to put that in my journal or not and thought well I have been doing so well...blah blah.

I was laughing because before yesterday, I have been losing slowly. At my visit wed the counselor said mayeb I need a little more food because of the exercise, but we would talk Saturday.

So I was busy, etc and didn't exercise Wed, Thurs, Friday and managed to drop 2 lbs! So that made me believe that she was right in her thinking on Wed so I discussed that with the person today. BUT, because of me having the wine and "not following plan", she couldn't give me sound advice. I wanted to say WTF? I weighed 2 lbs less Friday afternoon before I had the wine, but you can't tell me anything because I had that later? Didn't make sense to me - that had nothing to do with the whole exercise thing.

After today, if I continue, I will be changing centers and telling them upfront, I will buy the bars, I am not buying supplements, stops asking...After the lady kept pressuring me today about the supps, I told her, look my husband might be losing his job and I am not spending money on that right now, especially since I have to renew my program. Not a lie, he is not sure, they are having layoffs. She was like oh I am sorry, but then in the next sentence, "So you will have an answer on Monday on what plan you are going to continue on?" Ugh.

Ok, enough venting for me!

Sheila
slecompte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 03:04 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by slecompte
Bernadette - I did consider whether to put that in my journal or not and thought well I have been doing so well...blah blah.

I was laughing because before yesterday, I have been losing slowly. At my visit wed the counselor said mayeb I need a little more food because of the exercise, but we would talk Saturday.

So I was busy, etc and didn't exercise Wed, Thurs, Friday and managed to drop 2 lbs! So that made me believe that she was right in her thinking on Wed so I discussed that with the person today. BUT, because of me having the wine and "not following plan", she couldn't give me sound advice. I wanted to say WTF? I weighed 2 lbs less Friday afternoon before I had the wine, but you can't tell me anything because I had that later? Didn't make sense to me - that had nothing to do with the whole exercise thing.

After today, if I continue, I will be changing centers and telling them upfront, I will buy the bars, I am not buying supplements, stops asking...After the lady kept pressuring me today about the supps, I told her, look my husband might be losing his job and I am not spending money on that right now, especially since I have to renew my program. Not a lie, he is not sure, they are having layoffs. She was like oh I am sorry, but then in the next sentence, "So you will have an answer on Monday on what plan you are going to continue on?" Ugh.

Ok, enough venting for me!

Sheila
shelia, I would be sure to let her know you do not want her to handle the buying of your new plan (she will loose the commission) also wine is OP, and I really do not belive that a little extra fruit is drastic.

Is the manager ok at the Center, maybe you can talk to her.
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote