Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 01-28-2006, 08:31 PM   #1  

Default Any Suggestions?

Hi Ladies. Does anyone have a problem with remembering to take their medication? I am not very good with taking my medication everyday even though that it makes me feel better. I just started WW and I am having a difficult time sticking to the program. Any Suggestions? thanks.
fost40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 08:53 PM   #2  

S/C/G: xmas start wt: 156

Lightbulb

What time a day do you have to take your medicines. I'm the kind of person that can't take a birth control pill because I won't remember it. It took some trial and error, but with my doc's permission I find taking all of mine at night before I go to bed to work the best. Why? I also take a sleeping pill and NOTHING makes me forget that!

My advice to you is to think about how you live your life and do something regarding that. For example, if you have to take it in the morning and you get up pretty much the same time during the week to go to work and have good dental habits, put them beside your toothbrush. (NEVER ANYWHERE NEAR A CHILD THOUGH).

I recently added a new pill that is an energy upper that must be taken in the morning. At first I tried to plug it into my morning routine. That didn't work. I would leave the house then remember. Then I figured out that if I waited till I got to work when my brain is a little more woken up and settled, I do better. Now it is in my purse.
DeafinlySmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 09:08 PM   #3  

I agree, If I have to take a medication with dinner, I will put the bottle where I eat dinner, that way it is right in front of me. I had a UTI a couple weeks ago and then either still had it or got another one after the medication was gone. He prescribed a pill that I have to take after sex, it seems pretty hard to remember to take it because it is usually night time before I go to bed when I would need to take it. I find that since I have to go to the bathroom after that I would put it on the sink right in front of me so that I would remember.
There are just things that make a person remember to do something. I would say that you might want to think of what you are doing when you need to take the pill and either put the bottle near that or even if you are on the go, if you have a cell phone, program it to go off when you need to take it.

I hope this helps. I hope I wasnt too grafic for anyone, I just figure that we are all women and most of us have had the same issues so I just said it. No reason to beat around the bush when giving advise.
clowniefreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 09:40 PM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Yep, leave them on your night stand and take em at bedtime. Works for me.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 01:20 AM   #5  

Thanks ladies. You gave me some good suggestions. I will let you know how it works for me. Have a good week.
fost40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 03:12 PM   #6  

I have to use a pill box that has each day of the week. I have to take the same medication twice, 2 in the morning and one at night. I can never remember if I have taken my pills, this drug is one you have to be careful with (Welbutrin) it can cause seizers. Anyhoo, if I look and there is only one pill left than I know I have taken my morning pill, same at night if the compartment is empty than I know I have taken my evening one. Since I visit the fridge more than anywhere else in the house I keep my pill box on the counter right next to the fridge door.
vheide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 11:05 PM   #7  

you can go to the chemist with all your meds and for a very small fee they will put it in blister packs with the days on them, and even divide them up if you have some morning and night. then others suggest put it somewhere will you will remember - next to your toothpaste your dinner or whatever. you could also carry spare pills in your handbag in case you get somewhere and realise you forgot to take the pills

g'luck
sweet_pea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 11:06 PM   #8  

another idea is to set up a daily alarm reminder on your computer or mobile. on your outlooks tasks menu or calendar you can set up a recurring daily event e.g. 5pm each day that will remind you to take the pills

you can do the same on your mobile phone
sweet_pea is offline   Reply With Quote