Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2006, 03:14 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 219.8/149.7/135

Height: 5'4

Thumbs up New to WW at home

Hi. I am starting WW at home tomorrow, and I'm so excited. I am 24 years old and am tired of being fat. So, I decided to start WW. I want to lose 75 pounds ultimately. My short term goal is to be to 150 by June when I visit family in Switzerland. Hopefully, I will find a lot of support here.
Old 01-14-2006, 10:03 AM   #2  

Default Good For You!

Hello! I just started Weight Watchers this week. I want to loose 35 lbs. I have been overweight since the birth of my 2nd child. I have already lost 5 lbs. and I'm very excited. Between using my books to count my points, and this forum, I have learned a lot. I plan to look at this forum daily for support. It's nice that we don't have to do it alone.
I haven't started exercising yet but plan to start next week.
Best of luck to you!
Old 01-14-2006, 10:41 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 219.8/149.7/135

Height: 5'4

Thanks and welcome to you as well. I started counting points on Monday and I weigh in this Monday. I can't wait to see if there are any results from my lifestyle change.
Old 01-14-2006, 11:29 AM   #4  

While getting groceries yesterday, I found a "Pilgrim's Pride" brand of frozen, fully cooked, 97% fat free, grilled chicken breast fillets (smoke flavor added). There is about 8 per bag. The cost was $6.88 per bag. This is a great idea for a healthy, on the run, kind of food. I hate spending a lot of time preparing meals, and with mine and my husbands on the go schedule, this is a Godsend. Here is a picture. I bought it at Walmart. Pilgrams Pride Grilled Chicken Breasts.jpg
I hope i did this right.

Last edited by thinisin; 01-14-2006 at 11:47 AM.
Old 01-16-2006, 04:54 PM   #5  

I too am starting WW at home this week. I want to lose about 85 lbs. total (long term goal) but I would like to lose 35 before summer if possible. I recently lost about 10 lbs after sickness and surgery so the balls already rolling. Hopefully I can keep it going. I really need encouragement to keep going so I hope this board will be a big help to me. Meetings are too hard for me to attend as I work fulltime and have 2 small children.

Weight: 254

Long term Goal: 169
Old 01-17-2006, 06:16 AM   #6  

Thumbs up On our way!!!

Kudos to everyone for making the decision to change your life! I too have just begun my lifestyle change (started jan 2) and already am proud to report results. I feel better and have more energy. I have a long road ahead of me, as do many I'm sure - but I know with support and love from family and friends we will all meet our goals. Just wanted to say hello, I'm new to this....but here are some inspirations that help me everyday...

~You never have to be that weight again!

~It took time to put it on, it will take time to take it off, but rest assured with determination and support it WILL happen!

Christina
Good luck with your goals!

Old 01-26-2006, 01:54 PM   #7  
Kellygrl

Hi everyone! I have been back and forth on every single diet known. For the record, this is absolutely the only one that works. Swear.
I do WW at home b/c I know how now. I have all the books and with another porgram, I hit enough meetings to kill a horse.
Sooooo.....I am now doing this for the first time, for the right reasons. I still freak out the day before I wiegh myself. So far, the digital scale (at my gym, always use the same one) says I have lost 7 pounds. I go again tomorrow and will climb on it again. Wish me luck.
You are all so inspiring. I am so glad to have found this site. I love it.
I would put my ticker in, but the server is too busy, it says.
My start weight on 1/13 was 197, on 1/20, it was 190 and tomorrow, I am convinced it will be well over 200. I doubt it will be, b/c I am following this to a T and I feel great and have been so good it's frightful. Is really not that hard if I just be creative in my foods and eat when I am hungry and eat the right amounts. Regardless, is coming along at exactly the right pace as it supposed too, right?
Stay tuned.
Love you all......big hug.
Kelly

Last edited by kb1144; 01-26-2006 at 02:35 PM.
Old 01-27-2006, 10:02 AM   #8  
Kellygrl

Hi guys! Okay...did my weigh in.
Only lost 1 pound am trying really hard not to get discouraged.
I keep telling myself that this time is about doing it the right way and not crash dieting and that the way that I feel and am sleeping and thinking is much more prounounced than the size of my butt. But is still hard.
So....if nothing else, is still a pound.
Have a great day, everyone! Is Friday!
Kelly
Old 01-27-2006, 01:13 PM   #9  

kb1144, don't get discouraged. The weight loss is going to get better. Trust me.

I started WW at home in July 05. I have lost 41 pounds so far. I remember my first weighin was on 1.1 pounds lost, I didn't get discouraged because 1 pound is better than no pounds. Just take each day one day at a time and it will pay off in the end!

Everyone just be encouraged!

SW:223.6
CW: 182
GW: 150
Old 01-27-2006, 02:01 PM   #10  
Kellygrl

Thanks! You are a gem....and so inspring.
Well done on yours, too.
You're right...a pound is a pound.
Old 01-30-2006, 01:05 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 238/230/160

Height: 5'6"

Smile New Member, first post.

Hello to all,

Was so glad to find this site. This is my first post. I too have belonged to weight watchers and fell off the wagon, so to speak. When I fell off the ww flex plan, I had gotten down to 190. Had lost 35 lbs. or so. I have really gained all the weight back since then. I have started back on the ww flex plan at home as well. Back on the wagon on 01-01-06. My starting weight was 238, current weight is 232, my goal is 150-160. I'm trying my best to hang in there. But I crave food and eat in bulk amount. My worst times of food attack is at nights, around 8pm to 10pm. Thought about going to bed earlier, maybe I'll have too. If anyone has any ideas as to how I can get through this, please help. I've had 5 points so far today, trying to stretch out the points, so I won't blow it. It's so hard for a food addict like me, I eat when happy, sad, stressed, or bored. Thanks for listening, and hope all has a great day. Here's to trying.

Thank you, Teresa
Old 01-31-2006, 12:11 PM   #12  
Kellygrl

You go girl! You can do this. I have been a crab-face for 2 days now. I am grumpy and feeling irritiable. That, of course, allows me to stuff my face, right?
I am trying to stay on track, but man....I am so used to doing crazy crash diets that I am frustrated. I also know that this is the best way for me to train my mind and my body to be nicer to one another, but is still hard for me.
Anyway, so I know that if I check in and tell the truth, I might be less likely to stay on the path of destruction that I am currently on.
Thanks everyone.
K
Old 02-01-2006, 06:19 PM   #13  

Default new to ww @ home

Hey ladies! I started following ww monday. This is my 3rd day and I think I am doing okay. I am not very good at sticking with things though, but now is the time to change that. I can make the commitment. One problem I am having though, is that I feel hungry a lot! I am eating fewer calories than before so maybe my body just needs time to adjust. I was a big snacker, normally I just snacked out of boredom. I am glad I found this site, now I have support from other people who are experiencing the same thing I am!
Old 02-08-2006, 09:24 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 148/147/125

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone. Today is my first day doing weight watchers and I had a good day. It is nice to see so many people doing it at home!
Old 02-11-2006, 08:56 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 275/222/154

Height: 5'7"

Hi everybody. Leia, this is a great site. I've been coming here, on and off, for quite a while. The friendly support just can't be beat.
Closed Thread