Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 02:31 PM   #1  
bbydol

Default Help!! I'm new, lost, confused and hopeful

Hello to you all,

I have been on and off again on core since last year. I have been back on it since the first of this year and there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that I will reach my goal. I have been struggling through this website trying to get my footing but while I have been a little confused what I noticed was all of the positive feedback you all give one another. So I am here to stay if you will just hold my hand a little and guide me. I promise to guide someone who comes in after me if they need it. I have been overweight ever since I could remember. Weighing in at 901bs in the 4th grade. At 5'2" tall, I have always been the butt of so many jokes. I love the core program but with little imagination when it comes to cooking, the program can be frustrating at times. I am 45+ and hoping that I can find a buddy, suggestions on meal planning, easy recipes but more than anything else good friendships and support. I look forward to interracting with you all.

Judy aka bbydo
Old 01-26-2006, 05:11 PM   #2  

Welcome Judy! You're right, that this board is an extremely supportive, friendly place to hang out. We'll do all we can to help you on your weight loss journey. Congrats on your losses so far! What's confusing you about the boards? I'm sure someone here can help.

Feel free to join us on our Core Support thread - it's the one numbered #37 I think, and post your bio on the Coreporate Profiles thread if you want, so we can get to know you better.

Again, welcome!
Angela
Old 01-26-2006, 05:12 PM   #3  
Melissa

I'm in a hurry but just wanted to say !
Old 01-26-2006, 06:13 PM   #4  
Southside White Sox Fan

Welcome, Judy! We can all help you and I'm sure we'll all be willing to help. I've lost 46 pounds since 09/04 and have 115 pounds left to lose. I'll be here a while.
Old 01-26-2006, 09:00 PM   #5  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Hi bbdol,
It's nice to see another Judy on the posts. I'm called Judy Itry and I'll be here forever. First to lose the weight and then to maintain. Welcome.
and good luck to you and all of us!
Judy Itry
234.6/207.8/thinner into onederland
Old 01-26-2006, 09:15 PM   #6  

Height: 5'7"

Welcome, Judy! Just ask if you have any questions ... we're full of advice (and hopefully help too)!
Old 01-26-2006, 09:38 PM   #7  
Back on Track

Welcome, Judy! I just joined this board a couple of days ago. You are so right, the positive support between everyone struck me as well. Glad to meet you and I'm happy you're here.
Old 01-26-2006, 11:27 PM   #8  
bbydol

Oh you all are absolutely wonderful!!! I knew this was the right decision. Can you help me out on these forums. What is the difference between the Coreporate and the #37 and the one I am posting on now. Are they three separate forums or are they combined? Just a little bit of light confusion. Where do I go to get answers regarding core and food planning also. Thanks again in advance for all of your support and help and know that I intend to be just as supportive. Judy
Old 01-27-2006, 12:33 AM   #9  

Height: 5'7"

The Coreporate thread is a sticky thread (meaning it always stays at the top) and it's where we post answers to questions about ourselves, just so we can get to know each other a little better. The #37 thread is where we visit each other and just chat on a daily basis. It's not always food related! And then this one, of course, is a separate thread. These three threads, and many more, are all on what's called the Core forum.

If you were to go to http://www.3fatchicks.com and see the home page, you'll see tabs at the top. One of those tabs is "forum" and when you click on it, you'll see all the different forums. Each forum is designed to be home to a different group ... like Weight Watchers, South Beach Diet, Sugar Busters, etc. There are lots and lots of them. You aren't restricted to any one forum; you can visit and post in as many as you like. There are a lot of people who fit into more than one category, such as Weight Watchers, the 100lb. Club, and Support Groups. See how one person would fit into all those? Anyway, look around and make yourself at home.

As for specific Core questions, the plan itself is owned by WW and we aren't legally allowed to give out details. Are you near a WW center where you could go and visit? I believe they'll let someone sit in the first time without joining (someone will correct me if this is wrong), just so you can see what it's all about. You'd have to join to get the materials but it would be worth it to you in the long-run. I believe there might also be information on the internet and if you do a simple Google search on "WW Core info" you might get quite a bit.

You should also check out our daily menu thread. There you'll see examples of what everybody eats and it'll give you a good idea of what everybody's eating.
Old 01-27-2006, 10:48 AM   #10  
Melissa

Kathy's right (as always ). If you want some info on the core plan, other websites are not as careful about copyright laws. Some googling will eventually get you the whole plan.
Old 01-27-2006, 10:22 PM   #11  
bbydol

Thanks for all of the help. I have been on core for a while so I am pretty familiar with the plan. I guess I just need, like everyone I suppose, some variety when it comes to meal planning. I will go to the corporate forum and fill out all of the information on myself however.
Old 01-28-2006, 08:39 PM   #12  

Default I am confused as well

Hi everyone. Nice to read all the posts here. I have been a weight watcher on and off for many years. I know what it takes to get the job done I just lose my motivation. I know that this is within me as well.

Recently I have been giving Core some thought. It is a bit confusing though. I go to my meeting on Wednesday but the leader is not too impressive. Any direction would be wonderful.

MagentaMama
Closed Thread