Old 01-25-2006, 05:46 PM   #1  
Heather/Caterpillar

Default Famous People

Hi
I was watching Newlyweds last night, Jessica Simpson was filming Dukes of Hazzard and I got to thinking about which famous person's figure I would like most. I have always been overweight and thought it might help me to focus by looking at some skinny celebs!!! I was just wondering who would be your celebrity figure of choice?
Mine are:
Jessica Simpson
Paris Hilton (with a bigger chest!!! )
Any of the kittycat Dolls
Pink
Angelina Jolie (before pregancy obv!!!)
Jordan (UK topless model)

I think that is me for now...
Heva2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 06:19 PM   #2  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heva2015
... and thought it might help me to focus by looking at some skinny celebs!!!
Just what I try not to do!!! Celebrities don't inspire me for the most part! I do like JLo's body though. Guess I'm not into "skinny".
Nori71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 06:56 PM   #3  
Heather/Caterpillar

I guess we all have our own inspirations!!! I focus a lot on celebrities because I study performance and want to be where they are and I know it will be a lot easier if I have the conventionally beautiful figure.
Old 01-25-2006, 06:58 PM   #4  

I agree with the fact that celebrities do not inspire me. In fact I like watching Celebrity Fit Club because I can see all the "beautiful people" who have gained weight and are in the same place I am. It's good to know they that fat is an equal opportunity employer. We are all individuals like snowflakes so it seems like a exercise in pain to want to be someone else. We really have no idea what these people really look like anyway given airbrushing and other digital manipulations. The whole thing is an illusion but we buy into it and then beat ourselves up for not looking like something that never exited in the first place. I think there is something very weird about women who starve themselves down to 10% body fat and then when they have no breasts go and get some artificial one installed. That seems very neurotic to me not to mention shallow
f(x) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 07:14 PM   #5  
Heather/Caterpillar

Hi
Yeah, totally, I have very many other reasons for wanting to lose weight, not least of all to help prevent my cancer coming back and to help the osteoporosis I have following the cancer treatment (I'm 24). I will never diet to a ridiculously low level because life is a precious gift, I just started this thread because I know that their must be people out there inspired by celebrities which is why so many of us buy their exercise videos and the weight loss products they endorse especially here in the UK.
Old 01-25-2006, 07:54 PM   #6  
Sick of Fat

S/C/G: 240/183/150

A celebrity that is inspiring to me is Kristie Alley. She's gorgeous and she's not "oh my god" skinny
sabriena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 08:08 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 268/258/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomTo2SweetPeas
Just what I try not to do!!! Celebrities don't inspire me for the most part! I do like JLo's body though. Guess I'm not into "skinny".
Yep, JLo would be my pick too.
Yohoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 08:55 PM   #8  

Yup, I would vote for Kirstie Alley too. She's really inspiring, and so is Oprah. They look great!
mthrgoos68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 09:40 PM   #9  

Oprah is a good example of a real person who has struggled. Kristie Alley leaves me cold. She is selling a product and I think she is losing weight for what I consider financial reasons and so she can fit into the the strange standard of beauty her profession seems to demand. I doubt her sincerity in wanting to help people. Oprah I can relate to more because she has talk about all her emotional issues with food. Also she has not starved herself sick thin but has found a comfortable healthy weight and a good workout plan she can keep up for life. The same can not be said about Kristy. Kristy's last commercial about it "raining men" points to a very superficial take on the whole issue. It is almost as if she is saying "I was a loathsome human being before but now I have made the grade and am therefor worthy of love" When you think about it that is a very unhealthy message which sadly too many of us buy into. How many women tell themselves their live will be perfect when I lose weight? It is a total myth but one that sells a lot of products. I see her as part of the problem not part of the solution.
f(x) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 09:47 PM   #10  
Big Ol' loser

I like oprah too. There is one pic of her in a pink dress that I just love. Plus I know she is not a size 4!
goalnorolls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 10:21 PM   #11  
back in the game

S/C/G: 311/180/170

Height: around 5'10"

I realize this is a fictional character, but Xena inspires me. Remember her? I know, I'm weird.
futuresurferchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 10:31 PM   #12  

Beyonce! I want to be "bootylicious" too! Oprah is also a big inspiration.
sjdphc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 10:54 PM   #13  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

I'm a Xena fan too. She could really kick some (bad guys ). I think Lucy Lawless is very cool - can't wait to see more of her on Battlestar Gallactica.

I'll also put in a vote for Missy Elliott. She has lost a good bit of weight for health reasons and is looking great.
NotTheCheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 11:28 PM   #14  
Yee Haw!

S/C/G: 278/220/130

Height: 5'4"

Im gonna also say JLo.
Kamily828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 12:16 AM   #15  
Wild Angels

Height: 5'2

Hmm...I'm gonna say Reba McEntire...I love her hairstyle, and her figure. Plus the woman can sing!
NemesisClaws is offline   Reply With Quote