Old 01-25-2006, 01:18 PM   #1  
PurpleSunshine

Default How to handle cheats??

Okay, I have been fairly POP pretty much from the beginning with maybe two small exceptions. I'm just wondering how exactly we handle cheats in the scheme of the day. For instance, let's say you have

Yogurt and Fruit for breakfast DF
Frozen meal for Lunch with salad PSV
and then let's say one of your friends happened to have some seaseme sticks at the table - and you had a few of them - What would you do -

1- Call it a cheat and go on?
2- Call it a cheat and count it as your other starch?

Like if you had just a little bit of regular ice cream - would you count it as a cheat, dairy and fat??
I noticed Shennie said she had a bag of Doritos the other day - what would you do - categorize as starch and maybe a fa - and count it - or just leave it as a cheat?

Trying to give different examples ....
I'm just wondering if you try to categorize your cheat as much as possible even though it may not be on plan and then count it or just leave it as a cheat and still eat all your categories that you have left.....Hopefully this will help not only me - but some of the newbies...

Thanks in advance!!!
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 01:21 PM   #2  
Katie

Height: 5'1

It would be very useful to count your as best you can, but I don't usually. Breadsticks, yes starch. Ice cream sounds about right, too. However, never short yourself tomorrows food for todays cheat. That is a misktake that slow the metablolism
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 01:26 PM   #3  
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

I would count them the best I could. And Katie is absolutely right...never short yourself to make up for your cheats. It doesn't work. Just get back on track.
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 01:31 PM   #4  
PurpleSunshine

Yes, I've always started over the next day - definitely - but wasn't sure how to count within the day of the cheat....
Old 01-25-2006, 02:02 PM   #5  

thanks for busting me out heather

But actaully what I did that day was count it as a starch and a fat and I only ate half of my lite that night.

For the most part i try to make up for my cheats, but if it is something really small that I don't get any fullness from, like 1 cookie, I ussaly just count the fat and try lower calorie everythign else for the day.
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 02:03 PM   #6  
My 3 grandkids & myself

S/C/G: 228.4/191/145

Well I almost want to change my mind about weighing in because I know I'm up. I cheated and have had angel food cake on Monday, which I counted as a starch along with ice cream. So yesterday I did try and eat less to try and make up for the day before and the weekend. But I see you all feel that isn't the way to go. If I could weigh in with my nightgown on I would be done, but as soon as I got dressed with shoes on (as I normally weigh in with) I'm up to 218 on my scale, so no telling what I am on there's. But I'm going in just so I can be told, but I'll beat them to the punch and tell them I know what I did and why I gained
Gamababa3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 02:14 PM   #7  
PurpleSunshine

Shennie - Sorry for calling you out - didn't mean any harm - of course, just wanting to know how to deal with those little life slip ups that we all have.,....I don't know how you do it anyway - working, schooling, single mom - you are an inspiration.....

Barbara - just know that it is one weigh in - it will gone by the next and you can prove that to yourself over the next few days!!! So, take your nightgown with you and change before you weigh -
Old 01-25-2006, 02:21 PM   #8  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamababa3
Well I almost want to change my mind about weighing in because I know I'm up. I cheated and have had angel food cake on Monday, which I counted as a starch along with ice cream. So yesterday I did try and eat less to try and make up for the day before and the weekend. But I see you all feel that isn't the way to go. If I could weigh in with my nightgown on I would be done, but as soon as I got dressed with shoes on (as I normally weigh in with) I'm up to 218 on my scale, so no telling what I am on there's. But I'm going in just so I can be told, but I'll beat them to the punch and tell them I know what I did and why I gained
You weigh with shoes ON?! OMG, youre cheating yourself! I am really ridiculous, I wear the same pants I went into LAWL in last summer, I swear. I keep them in my SUV and change EVERY single time and wear a shirt comprable to the time before. The pants are dragging on the ground, they are ginormous on me, but I wear them so I always know the WI's are as close to real as can be...course my home scale is the best cos there I WI in the buff, which makes me .8 less or so, LOL! BUT DONT WEAR SHOES, go as light as you can
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 02:45 PM   #9  
1dayatatime(on LAWL)

S/C/G: 262/182/160

Deets- LOL, I do the same thing. I wear the exact same outfit everytime. I tell them they should see me in my cute jeans but I wont do it cause Ill weigh heavier. I thought I was the only one who did this.Good to know I'm not the only one.
angelica1674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 02:49 PM   #10  
2BorNot2B...its up 2 me

I guess I don't understand the whole same jeans thing. Wouldn't a smaller pair of jeans weigh less than the bigger ones? I mean that can be like a two pound difference at least?!
mrsbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 03:16 PM   #11  
PurpleSunshine

Mrs Beanie - I was thinking the same thing myself - but I guess mentally it is just "the same clothes"???? I used to be so bad on WW that I would hold an outfit in my hands in the morning before I got dressed to see which one was lighter -
Old 01-25-2006, 03:21 PM   #12  
Katie

Height: 5'1

I weigh in right as the COD opens in the a.m., and I wear the same cute pair if pajamas every time. My center thinks it is really funny.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 05:01 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by PURPLEPIRATE99
Mrs Beanie - I was thinking the same thing myself - but I guess mentally it is just "the same clothes"???? I used to be so bad on WW that I would hold an outfit in my hands in the morning before I got dressed to see which one was lighter -
i actaully weighed my clothes on the food scale...including underwear.
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 05:25 PM   #14  
My 3 grandkids & myself

I weigh with my shoes on because that is how I have weighed in since the beginning so no changes there. I just wear the same shoes and try to wear light tops. Today I had light jeans on and a light sweater.

Shennie I have also weighed my clothes on my home scale along with my earrings to see if it would make a difference if I wear them or not

Deets I think a smaller pair of pants might weigh less also. Hey weigh them both on your home scale to find out
Old 01-25-2006, 05:28 PM   #15  
My 3 grandkids & myself

Heather your funny I did tell my center I was lighter at home with my night gown on and she laughed and told me she was happy I chose to get dressed before I came.

Repo maybe I should take you up on what you do My center is right next to a Starbucks and a Quizno's and many people are always there, so I think I would feel pretty silly. Although my daughter goes to the store in pajamas.

Last edited by Gamababa3; 01-25-2006 at 06:28 PM.