Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2000, 02:17 PM   #1  
Super Surfer

I wasn't sleeping anyway so I decided to start a new thread...see you later.
Old 11-03-2000, 08:29 PM   #2  

This is a funny group of women. I finally took the time to read the posts. I only had #75 & #76 to catch up on. I had read #74 so things weren't as bad as it seemed. That shows you how bright I am----I should be getting ready to go vote and to the dentist and I am happily ignoring the whole affair.
Right now I am hungry and would kill for a cup of coffee. They won't let me eat or drink anything prior to the dentist. I will be real sedated. At least that is what they tell me.

Margot, you are awesome. You will lose that other 15 by the end of the year. It will make me feel bad though---I am still where I was in January and you have done so well.

Dee, let us know what they say about the clots. You need to take care of yourself. Listen to your friends.

Slavika and Trudy---how is my tree skirt coming along? It sounds like it is slow going. I will have the tea ready when you get here and will find a "Texas Mickey" for the group. You are bringing the whole class with you, aren't you?

Well I have wasted enough time. Time to get ready. Pray for me.

Trudy, I liked your quote.
Old 11-03-2000, 08:46 PM   #3  

Hi everyone,
This is my first posting so please bear with me! I've been reading the posting for a while so it seems like I know many of you already.
I joined WW last year and lost my 30something LBs to get to goal. I've maintained it since Feb. (gaining and losing the same 5 LBS over and over}. It's a struggle but not impossible.
I've been reading about the Christmas tree skirt. I'd like to put my name on the list if that's possible:]
Deelite: Please take care of yourself. I hope you call your Dr. about the pain in your legs.
I look forward to talking to all of you. I'm sure the support I receive here will helf me on my journey.
Old 11-03-2000, 08:59 PM   #4  
Life Time 2001

Donna: Have a great weekend. Sounds like it will be alot of fun! And the view Im sure will be spectacular!

Geri: Will be thinking about you today. Lets us know as soon as you can. Im glad you are finally getting it done! Been along time to wait thats for sure.

Dee: Im so glad you called the DR. I was worried! Please keep us posted. I will be praying for you!

Lela: Glad you started back to WW it does keep you focused.

Trudy: Sure seems strange they dont have the 2 point bars in Canada. You would think the WW Franchises would somewhat the same. But I know they arent.

Slavika: We do seem to be missing some old timers. Havent seen Silvergal in a long time. Hope all is well with her. Still would like to know about Erica and if she ever made it home.

Welcome Siggi!!!! About the tree skirts. We are just having fun with Trudy and Slavika. They are just making them for themselves. They really arent making them for all of us.
But Welcome to the group. Looking forward to getting to know you!
Old 11-03-2000, 11:25 PM   #5  
Net browser

SIGGI Hi, and welcome to this board. If you have been reading it for awhile you will know that this is a very supportative group and we sure welcome newcomers. Now about the tree skirt
LOL of course Trudy and I will put you on the list.....but our WW class is keeping track of the miles they walk each week and we are "pretending" to walk to Texas, and we will hand deliver these "alleged skirts" at the same time. You can see Siggi there's a lot of "pretending" and a lot of "alleging" going on around here.
LILY The reason our Leader gave us about not having the bars in Canada is because with the money exchange they would cost far to much and likely nobody would buy them. My friends DIL sent her some from Colorado and they are nice but I think a lot of the granola type bars we get her are just as good. Maybe I'll look for a WW in Maui and see if I can get some when I'm there.
Trudy will be over at 1:00 and we will be working on our tree skirts. We bought some gold metallic thread and will do the machine quilting in that. They are starting to look really nice and you guys will just love them .
Ok, Geri, here's a little prayer for you and Dee. (((DEE))) (((GERI))) and hugs.
Old 11-04-2000, 04:57 AM   #6  
Fun Blonde

Lily - Say it ain't so! You mean that we aren't getting the tree skirts! We have just been kidding all this time! What a low blow!

Geri - By the time you read this, your dental procedure will be all over. For a lady who shows so much courage and bravery every day of her life, I am surprised that a dentist could change you into a quivering wreck. Hope your mouth is all better!

Siggi - We are all a little crazy here. Losing the weight and maintaining the weight will do that to you. That old 5 pounds becomes very much a yo yo if you do it right. I am exactly where you are, currently up, but hopefully, going the other way.

Margot - How much better do you feel right now than you did before you lost the weight? Could you just write volumes? We are so proud of you!

Dee - we are all very anxious about you. Let us know just immediately when you find out what was causing the pains in your legs. You just sound gorgeous!

All - Have a great weekend!
Glenda

[This message has been edited by survivor (edited 11-03-2000).]
Old 11-04-2000, 06:33 AM   #7  

Glenda I have to steal your nickname today. I SURVIVED! At least I am alive. My dentist (naturally a woman) is so supportive. I was awake some of the time, but I did manage not to cry once I got in the chair and I don't remember biting anyone. Now I am sore and groggy. There are advantages to being kind of "loopy" all day------nobody expects you to do anything productive. I wonder if I can stretch this into a two day affair.

The rest of you may be expecting "pretend" treeskirts. I, however, expect the real McCoy. Slavika and Trudy----I asked first and am hosting the "Welcome to Texas Tea" so don't disappoint me

Welcome Siggi. You will be right at home here. We are glad to have you.

Old 11-04-2000, 11:12 AM   #8  
Net browser

Hi Everybody: I thought I would stop by and see what was going on here then I'm going to read for awhile and head for bed.
TRUDY and I worked on the tree skirts all afternoon and DEE stopped in for an hour and had tea with us. She did go to the hospital early this morning and does not have a blood clot in her leg. She might have had one but it dissolved on it's own and she said actually today her leg was feeling better. She'll explain it better herself.
GERI I'm so happy your dentist appt went ok, is that all finished now? We have not forgotten that you will be hosting the "Welcome to Texas Tea", and when we arrive we'll bring your tree skirt with us.
Anybody new reading our board is going to think we are all nuts. LOL
"See" you all tomorrow.

[This message has been edited by slavika (edited 11-04-2000).]
Old 11-04-2000, 12:28 PM   #9  
Life Time 2001

Ok I want you to know first off the "Evil Devil" Is making me do this:

Saga of the tree skirt:
Trudy & Slavika are making Christmas Tree Skirts Free!. Well sort of. You will have to provide them with some kind of refreshment when they make it to your home. But..

Sign up now! Trudy & Slavika will be walking from Central Canada ALLLLL the way down the East Coast. They will hand off tree skirts to any one who emails them asking for one.
After they leave the east coast its on to the Lower states and from there back up the West Coast on in to Canada. They will be dropping Tree Skirts to all who have emailed them along the way. Canada is thier home state so being at the other end is no problem they are Back home!
Should be a short trip from there to them. Im sorry if you are in the states in between but you will have to email your address to them so they can get it sent to you. Or Email a person close by you and have it dropped off there for pick up at your convience.

Expect this tree skirt about the year 2020. Impossible to make it sooner as the walk they are undertaking could slow things down a bit.

Hope this clears up all matters concerned....
Old 11-04-2000, 12:47 PM   #10  
Life Time 2001

Slavika: Im sure you have a good alternative to the 2 points bar. They really are Granola bars with less fat, and alot smaller.

Glenda: Tree skirt on its way! We have been kidding so much about it and I see someone new wanting one.. Was just trying to "protect" Trudy & Slavika.

Geri: So glad it went ok! Hope this makes it better and the Strombolis (?) will be gone! Did all go well?

Night all!
Old 11-04-2000, 07:52 PM   #11  

Good morning all,

It went well, all things considered. I am more sane now than I was with my last post. My mouth is sore and I have had absolutely no sleep last night! I took a sleeping pill at 11:30 (I am insomniac) and finally a half a pill at 4 AM (I was afraid to take another whole one), but still no sleep. I guess when you spend most of the day in a horizontal position you can't expect to sleep at night. I am tired now but not too bad. I have gone to work many a day feeling a whole lot worse than I do now. I tried and tried to sleep but no dice. Hopefully I will sleep tonight.

Today one of my grandsons is running his first 5K race. He is 8 years old and will probably beat his 39 year old father. So, obviously it is not one of the brothers. This grandson has fine parents. I gave birth to one of them and my son was smart enough to marry the other one. Tracey is the best possible DIL you could have. She is a great wife and a fantastic mother. I couldn't love her more if I had given birth to her.

It is raining here, but I hope it stops before the race. I think it would be hard to run 3.1 miles in the rain if you are only 8 years old. I hope his father can keep up with him.

We celebrated my son's 39th birthday last night. It was actually the 21st (also Kara's first one) and Ricky wouldn't let us do anything for him that day because he wanted all the focus to be on his niece. I did something so right with him and his sister. How did I mess up so bad with the other one?

Glenda, how is Cody's job and new apartment going? Is he happy? Keep us posted.

Dee, hurry up and tell us the whole tale. I am glad you don't have a clot. Just what is going on?

My son (the other one) has a huge hematoma on his surgical site. Apparently it isn't healing well. He says it isn't as thick but has spread out more. He says it is about the size of a baseball. If it doesn't go away soon, it will have to be surgically removed. They are treating it with antibiotics. Keep him in your prayers.
Old 11-04-2000, 08:05 PM   #12  
Net browser

LILY
Thank you so much for starting off my Saturday morning with a big laugh. You are too funny.
Old 11-04-2000, 09:29 PM   #13  

Now wait a minute. If you are walking from Canada to Texas it would be a straighter shot if you came down the middle of the US through Iowa. You could spend the night (or a couple of them)at my house to rest up for the remainder of your journey. Just a thought....
Dee - I'm so glad it was't a clot!
Siggi - Welcome, you'll love it here
Geri - Thank goodness your ordeal is over. I go to the dentist on the 13th. He's been wanting to pull a tooth of mine for 2 years now. My theory is if it's not bothering me, I'm not bothering it!
We're off to the wedding this afternoon. My son reports that it will be a long ceremony with a mass. The rehearsal lasted almost 2 hours. (DH suggested we just go to the reception. Told him NO WAY were we missing the ceremony.) Anyhow, it should be a fun time.
Have a TERRIFIC weekend
Old 11-05-2000, 06:11 AM   #14  

Now wait just a minute You mean I'm really not getting a tree skirt I'm am totally crushed.

Just got back home we had to do a big shopping as we were out of everything. You know the important stuff,paper towels, bath tissue, dishwashing soap, good stuff like that. Then we had to find a Red Monster Truck for GS his birthday is just around the corner and that is what he asked for . He will be 4.

We also got out Flu Shots my arm already hurts. But it is the lesser of two evils. Cub Foods was giving them for $10. Our clinic is giving them to certain people first and I didn't fall into any of there categories. But working out in the public like I do I felt I shoud get it right away. After all who will work my meeting. And WW must go on right.

I am attending a workshop on the Tools for Living next weekend.( isure hope it helps me to get the point across to the members. And a story-telling workshop also . They are being held in St.Cloud so we are just going to stay down there. One is Friday evening and the other is on Sunday afternoon . There is also one on the Art of customer Care. But I have already had that training. So DH and I will have a free day to play. My son and his girlfriend have invited us to dinner at their place . But the rest of the day is free .

My weight is all over the place this week. Maybe I should really do the program No more sluffing off. the holidays are right around the corner so need to get control NOW! The girls I work with in Brainerd and I are going to be journal buddies this week. You know let each other see what we've been eating. So that way we have to be good.

Well I guess I've rambled on long enough. Geri--I hope you sleep better tonight.

Trudy & Slavika if to go to Iowa You better stop in Minnesota.

[This message has been edited by Karen L (edited 11-04-2000).]
Old 11-05-2000, 07:19 AM   #15  

Hi everyone! It's good to see everyone posting .... unlike this "fat chick!" And so I will try once again. But no promises.

Some of the original posters here will remember when I used to talk up "**** Camp Buddies".... Well, the reason was... because that was what really helped me keep my motivation. If I try and fail, and try and fail, and try and fail, then I get so tired of failing, I just quit trying!

BUT, with **** camp buddies, there was not a question of failing... because if you even whispered the f...... word (fail, failure, or even the word TRY, instead of a positive DO) they would jump all over you, and I knew it. I knew not to even think of not being on program.

Ok, I could do that as long as I was posting there... AND it did work for a while, and I lost close to 20 pounds that way. It was great.

Well, I failed, and couldn't post... and so didn't even come here where everyone is kind and gentle and loves me even if I can't be perfect (LOL)... Then when I got back, several months ago (?) BCB was gone... don't know where, but there wasn't even a section called **** Camp Buddies. Well, I guess that's ok because I failed anyway and if I hadn't quit posting there, they would have kicked me out anyway. *smile*

Why am I saying all this????? Because I don't know where to get my motivation now?

It should be because I care about me! It should be because my blood pressure zoomed up and scared me half to death! It should be because I really do want to be healthy!

But for some reason, it's not there, and I don't even know how to get it back again.

I came here tonight in a kind of desperation! I've gained almost the whole 20 pounds back and I feel awful. I know no one can do this for me, and I'm the one who has to "walk the walk!" But if any of you have any suggestions for me I would be so grateful! Right now I sit here with my stomach so full of junk I can hardly breathe. It actually hurts. And when I even think of trying again, I think immediately of failure, and get so down I think what's the use.

I guess this is long enough. Thank you all for listening. Sorry this is so long. gAnne
Closed Thread