Old 01-24-2006, 02:00 PM   #1  
Losing the Weight!

Default Question on Servings

I guess that's what you'd call it. I see in the food guide that they have the following listing for eggs:

Eggs,large, whole.........3 (up to 6 per week). What exactly does that mean? That three large, whole eggs are a single protien?

I'm soooo confunsused..

On an up note. I talked to them yesterday about the LA Lites and I have now been moved up to the Red Plan... without the LA Lites. Course I lose my guarantee, but heck... I'm not worried about that part.

Last edited by StargazerJMK; 01-24-2006 at 02:10 PM.
StargazerJMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 02:03 PM   #2  
2BorNot2B...its up 2 me

JMK - yes three large eggs are one protien. They recommend you only have 6 total eggs for the week. I usually do hard boiled eggs (1 and 1/2) for 1/2 protien or use the egg substitutes. Sometimes I do egg salad without the bread
mrsbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 02:09 PM   #3  
Losing the Weight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsbeanie
JMK - yes three large eggs are one protien. They recommend you only have 6 total eggs for the week. I usually do hard boiled eggs (1 and 1/2) for 1/2 protien or use the egg substitutes. Sometimes I do egg salad without the bread
Whew! Thanks. That means that I can have half that hard boiled egg left in the office fridge in my salad today. I had one at mid morning along with a fruit. The fruits I get, and most things are pretty straight forward. Somethings however are really different... peanutbutter & jelly sandwich is 1 protien, but 1 slice of lite bread is a starch... like I say... I'm confused. LOL

Thanks again!
Old 01-24-2006, 02:13 PM   #4  
2BorNot2B...its up 2 me

The jelly sandwich falls under carb cravers where they take into count the total amount of calories say and compare it to a serving size of meat. For example a vegetarian protien is 3 tbs peanut butter but on the carb craver pb&j you only would use 1 tbs
Old 01-24-2006, 02:52 PM   #5  

the carb cravers can be used for replacment proteins to get the carb cravings in. but try not to have more than a few a week.
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 03:07 PM   #6  
Losing the Weight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsbeanie
The jelly sandwich falls under carb cravers where they take into count the total amount of calories say and compare it to a serving size of meat. For example a vegetarian protien is 3 tbs peanut butter but on the carb craver pb&j you only would use 1 tbs

Awww that makes sense. Thanks for explaining it to me. I may figure this out yet.
Old 01-24-2006, 03:09 PM   #7  
Losing the Weight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shennie_97
the carb cravers can be used for replacment proteins to get the carb cravings in. but try not to have more than a few a week.
I try to limit carbs as much as possible. I'm hoping I can keep that up. I've been the receipe section and found somethings I'm defiantely going to try. So much great information here.
Old 01-25-2006, 09:59 AM   #8  

I just started LAWL last week. I have eaten 1 and 1/2 tbs PB and 1 tbs sugar free jam on on piece of light bread twice now. I have been counting it as 1 starch, 1/2 protein and a condiment. Is this ok? No one at my center said anything.
Big Bootie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 10:54 AM   #9  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

There is a PB&J Carb craver that just counts as one protein...look in your guide, it should be there
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 11:31 AM   #10  

I saw that but is it ok to do what I am doing instead of the carb craver?
Big Bootie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 11:37 AM   #11  
2BorNot2B...its up 2 me

Big bootie - it is perfectly fine to do it the way you are and count it like you do. I do it both ways!
Old 01-25-2006, 11:37 AM   #12  
Katie

Height: 5'1

The peanut butter should only be 1 T, I think. But I am on blue, maybe it its different?
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 11:37 AM   #13  
2BorNot2B...its up 2 me

it's probably better to do it the way you do cause its not so good to do a lot of carb cravers!
Old 01-25-2006, 11:38 AM   #14  
2BorNot2B...its up 2 me

For Carb Cravers it would be 1 T of peanut butter. But as she is doing it and counting it 1 1/2 T would be 1/2 a protien.
Old 01-25-2006, 11:45 AM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repo girl
The peanut butter should only be 1 T, I think. But I am on blue, maybe it its different?
Kaite on Blue and lower your protein sizes are smaller. I think you get more on the higher plans
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote