Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2001, 03:23 AM   #1  
Pink Thingy

Default -*-*- week of 23rd September -*-*-

Morning all

Nothing exciting to report this week (fortunately/unfortuanately). So I guess I will jump straight in...

Tech congratulations to the newly weds. I know we will be the last people on your mind, but can't wait to hear about it all when you get back
Rabbit you seem to have been in control whilst out of town. New store opening? How many stores do you have?
RR congrats on your loss. On the bio, I didn't really want to post my stats, the starting and current figures are too close for my liking. Who knows, one day we might meet up
Juldiet maintain is better than a gain. PMS time - my hubby knows not to cross me at that time!
Elisa how are all the family meals going?
Pryia BB2 - don't start me off. When the showed it over here, it was on 18 hours a day and I got a bit addicted. The week after it ended, I didn't know what to do with all my spare time. If my leader had tagged on extra to my gain, I am sure my icy glare would have stopped her mid flow
Watermelon I suppose the flat thief is a patriotic thief???? If you had beaten the cr@p out of him/her how many bonus points do you think you would have earned?
LBH thanks for starting the new bio thread. I too had to ask hubby to stop buying me gifts. I know he was being thoughtful, but then when I sat down to eat the goodies, he would say "Are you sure you should be eating that?" and "Is that within you points, I don't want you to go over" - if you didn't want me to go over, you shouldn't have bought it for me
Sonya congrats on meeting your CD goal.
Happyface, Kymber, Karen, Bailey, Tami hope y'all okay

Hopefully I have managed to account for everyone. Have a good week everyone
Old 09-23-2001, 08:55 AM   #2  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Good Morning!!!!
IT was soo hot yesterday that I bought a little pool and sat outside with SD#2 and let her splash me....After taking her to get new glasses and fighting like cats and dogs at the store, I needed to relax!! She is strong for such a little girl!!

CONGRATS TO THE LOSERS!!!!!

Rabbit-drive safely home today!!!!!

Everyone have a great OP day!!!
Vicki
Old 09-23-2001, 01:48 PM   #3  
Pink Thingy

Question Quick question...

I've just been watching a program about the US Mint and there was something about the unpopularity of the "Susan B Anthony" dollar, can anyone shed any light on this as the program didn't say why.

Last edited by BigFatBooty; 09-23-2001 at 01:55 PM.
Old 09-23-2001, 03:12 PM   #4  
A princess in the making!

Default Susan B Anthony

BFB: I think it is because of the quarter. It was very close in size to a quarter and just never caught on. Just like the new golden dollar. People don't seem to spend them just save them.

I am feeling gross. PMS is just hitting me harder and harder each time. Although I think I have some extra bug this time too.

Slowly trying to get some stuff done here. Going to back some muffins and stuff. To keep me on program. Which I have not been in about 1.5 months.

Have a good one all.
Old 09-23-2001, 05:41 PM   #5  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All!!

Man, I hope the Chicks have everything straightened out now, because it's very unhealthy for me to not be here!! I have not logged anything, or thought too hard about anything I've eaten since like, Thursday!! I posted Friday AM, and when I clicked send, it brought up the Forum Down notice.

WI was really bad Thursday night. I am up 4.6lbs.!!! I'm pretty sure the majority of it was bloating, because I was progressively more bloated all afternoon Thursday. It was horrible. I could not get rid of the feeling, like a bad gas bubble, and no Gas-X in sight!! I was pretty shocked and upset at WI though. But I'm really happy that I started going on Thursday nights because my leader is wonderful.

Tech- Hope you had a fantastic time at your wedding!! Hope you're enjoying your honeymoon!!

RR- I'm jealous of you and your hot weather down there!! It's been absolutely gorgeous here all weekend, and most of the week for that matter, but I miss the hotter weather, to go swimming!! Sending baby thoughts your way...hope AF has not shown up!!

Pryia- Hope the PMS goes away soon...unfortunately that mean AF, but at least you'll have some relief! I don't like those golden dollars either...didn't they learn with the Susan B. Anthonys??

I have not been very good this weekend, but now that I've written it all down, it's not as bad as I thought.

We picked a ton of apples of the inlaw's trees yesterday. Two buckets full...you know those big plastic buckets you fill w/ice and put drinks in at parties? And there's at least two more buckets on the trees! We brought home a 1/2 a shopping bag full and I made some applesauce and apple pie this AM! Both turned out good...no sugar added. I have enough to make a few more pies and a lot of applesauce!!

Have a great evening all...gotta run and switch the laundry around!!
Old 09-23-2001, 06:12 PM   #6  

HI ALL!

I'm home again. I have no idea of my points while I was gone, although I wrote everything down, so I'm starting all over with today - it will be day one op. I had a great week, although I'm glad to be back home.

BFB - This was store #8. It went so smoothly. And I got to see an old friend I hadn't seen for 5 years. Had a great time. I made SOME good choices while I was gone, but ate too many cookies (3), truffles (2), and french fries (lots).

RR - Thanks for the safe wishes!!

Pryia - sorry about the pms. I started experiencing that about a year or so ago, and cramps like I hadn't had since my teens.

Lauren - I love homemade applesauce!

Will try to keep caught up with everyone now.!

RABBIT
Old 09-23-2001, 06:18 PM   #7  
A princess in the making!

Lauren- Got a crock pot? I have a recipe for Apple Butter. 1 pt for a Tablespoon.

I just posted 2 recipes on the board. On the bread board I put a corn and blueberry muffin recipe. And on the veggie board a black bean pasta salad. As you see I have been cooking away today. Both turned out good. An 3 point for a muffin and 4 points for a cup of the salad.

Rabbit-Glad to hear the store went smooth. I will get the miles thread up to date soon. Sorry.

Have a good one all.
Old 09-23-2001, 06:32 PM   #8  

Hey, Pryia - do you have a weekly challenge for us? I need to get myself back in the groove!

Rabbit
Old 09-23-2001, 07:21 PM   #9  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Hello all!!!
Well, Day 30 and no Aunt Flo....Hmmmmm....Kind of strange cuz I am very regular at 24 days...Test said negative.....Who knows!!!

Rabbit-Glad U made it back!!!

BFB--We are soo use to paper bills and lighter change that I found the SBA coins too confusing..They did resemble the quarter too much..I guess we all get use to one thing and hate change!!

Pryia-Hope UR feeling better!!!!

Ok--Weekly challenge--At least 20 minutes of excercise every day!!!!!

Lauren-That would be wonderful to just go out and pick apples!!
It is going to go down to the 70's this week!!!Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
Later all!!!
RR
Old 09-23-2001, 09:41 PM   #10  

Susan B's and the Gold Dollar would of been great ideas IF....the $2.00 bill ever caught on, but it didn't and IF....the Susan B's and the Gold Dollar were made bigger. Can you imagine being blind and trying to tell the difference?? Or just poor eyesight caused alot of mistakes.

Still staying at 180 - I'm glad!!

- jul
Old 09-24-2001, 12:44 PM   #11  

HELLO.

Day one OP!

Pryia - I didn't have any miles last week while I was gone, so I'll just update mine at the end of this week. Thanks for doing that!!

RR - Good luck on your pregnancy quest!!

Jul - yeah for maintaining!! I hope I maintain after being away - although ofcourse, I'd really like to lose.

have a great week everyone.

RABBIT
Old 09-25-2001, 01:57 AM   #12  

Well, Get a little busy with work and look what I get - I am behind about a gillion posts (and on "meeting" several people who have been gone a while)! Great to hear from you all!

Well, the conference on the 1st and 2nd got cancelled so......NOW I HAVE TO CONVERT MY PRESENTATION (which is not done) TO A WEB PRESENTATION. I could really use a nap...

Went away this weekend and had a wonderful time (sailing, kayaking, etc) but went a little overboard. Will try to make up for it before WI wendesday. Overall life is good.

LBH: Thanks for the bios thread! Don't fret the WI too much, that must be water. Yum.. homemade apple pie and applesauce.
Rabbit: Welcome back. Glad to hear all went well. Good for you for writing everything down.
Watermelon: That's great that you have been so active in getting patriotism out there. Can't believe someone would steal a flag... Maybe they really didn't know how else to get one. Congrats on the loss!
BFB: What a scarry caller. Hope you have not heard back from him. How was your trip? Will look for you tomarrow over on the Week 3 challenge! Thanks for the
RR: Great idea to make ribbons. Congrats on the loss. Any news from the dear old auntie (hope not!)?
Karen: Thank you for volunteering.
Elisa: Don't let your hubbies quicker success get you down. You know what you need to do and you can do it!
Kymber: Sorry to hear about your mother's illness. Hope the smoke free life is going well. It is a difficult adjustment but SOO important. I hope to count myself in the quitter ranks one day.
Juldiet: Congrats on the maintain of the 3 lbs. Have you tried any of the yoga?
Pyria: You can do it! Jump on that wagon!
Sonya: Congrats on meeting CD goal!

TECH: Hope it was everything you dreamed of! Enjoy this special time.

Last edited by BaileySG; 09-25-2001 at 02:01 AM.
Old 09-25-2001, 11:48 AM   #13  
LBH

Hi All,

Well, I'm trying to get myself back OP, or at least in that state of mind!! I have been sooo busy at work...it's an Orientation week, which means I'm running around all day, most of the week, making sure everyone has what they need, on top of the usual mess I deal with at my desk!! These piles just don't seem to go away!! The to be filed pile is getting bigger though, which is essentially my "outbox", so that's good...now, if I could just find someone to file it all!!

And my apartment is a whole other story!! It looks something like a cyclone hit it...I'm nearing one of those situations where I need to take a day off from work to clean and pay bills!! DH is home today, but I doubt he'll do anything. He's trying to recuperate from the weekend. Saturday AM he played in a softball tournament with some other firms. They won all 4 games, and of course the Championship, which is amazing in itself, because they only won 1 game all season!! DH pitched all 4 games, starting out with a sore shoulder, and ending the day with a sore body. He could barely make it up the stairs!! He's been popping Ibuprofen like it's going out of style, and using the mineral ice. I told him to try and ice himself on and off today.

Anyway, enough whining...

Bailey- I just love apples!! I think I am going to buy a few delicious apples to mix in with the hand picked apples and make more applesauce. I like the color it turns the applesauce, a nice pink. The apples from the trees are Northern Spy and Delicious, but they don't look like the red delicious ones you buy in the store. They're both small, round, and half red/half greenish. They're good though. The pie turned out OK...I didn't have any brown sugar, or apple pie spice, so I just sprinkled some cinnamon and 1 T. sugar. I tastes OK, but I really need to get some brown sugar.

Pryia- I do have a crockpot, haven't had apple butter in years! We used to have it on toast when we were little. I actually bought a box of jars, like for jam, because my bread maker makes jam. I haven't made any yet, and I've never done anything like that, but I was watching Good Eats on Food TV one night and he was making it...it's more work than I thought. I will try it though. I guess I could jar the apple butter the same way, right?

Well, time for lunch in a few...have a great day all!!
Old 09-25-2001, 03:28 PM   #14  

OK, I've got to share this with someone so you all are elected! This weekend is my 40th birthday and dh is throwing me a surprise birthday party! Should be loads of fun. I can't really say anything to anyone because I don't want to blow their surprise. I've been amusing myself with ways to make them squirm.

2 days op - hope my weigh in isn't bad this week.

Bailey - Sailing and kayaking sound like lots of fun!

Lauren - Hope work calms down for you!

gotta run - Rabbit
Old 09-25-2001, 03:57 PM   #15  
LBH

Rabbit- How did that work out?? Did he try to make it a surprise and you found out, or was it planned to be a "Rabbit's Surprise (For Everyone Else) Birthday Party"?! Have fun...that's like me trying to be surprised at my wedding shower!!
Closed Thread