Old 01-24-2006, 03:09 PM   #1  
Green Tea Goddess

Unhappy This is so disgusting to me...

This is so embarrassing, but I was wondering about if anyone else has to deal with this. Everyone's body does different things when it gains weight and everyone carries their weight differently. My weight goes to my stomach and it's almost like I have two bellies. I have a belly above my belly button and I have an even worse belly below it. When I tone my abdominals, the upper part of my belly starts to show results, but then I have my lower hangy belly that does absolutely nothing. What do I do? I'm so frustrated I could cry.
Venus In Mourning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 03:13 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

What about a double bum? I had one in back and one in front, under my belly button. As the fat leaves, so does it.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 03:20 PM   #3  

Height: 5"4

Venus, Sweetie the important thing is that you are trying to do something about it. I have had 2 babies, dont get me started on my pasty white skin with the blue-purple stretch marks on my belly. You will see results, and so will I. We just have to hang in there and keep working for it. I have faith that you can do it.
cinnamonspice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 03:25 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 249.4/210.0/140

You are definitely NOT alone. I have the same "double tummy" going on and it is horrible. I have no idea where my waist is anymore! But as I am losing weight, I can tell that it is already feeling a little smaller. Just take one day at a time and you will eventually see and feel the progress! Good luck!

Sara
Scrappy Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 03:25 PM   #5  
Green Tea Goddess

As the fat disappears, it will too? Do you think I should be doing more cardio to burn it off? I do more toning than cardio, so my stomach is getting tighter, but there is still way too much fat on top of the muscle. Is there even such a thing as cardio for the stomach fat?
Venus In Mourning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 03:29 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I've seen no conclusive proof that there is any advantage to doing either cardio or weights over doing one before the other. Any muscle you build will help burn calories as you do your cardio. Do both. Helps with the boredom factor.
What kind of increased activity do you like?
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 03:36 PM   #7  
A 6'1" Amazon and Proud!!

Venus - I know what you mean! I have a very nasty double tummy, too. I call my bottom tummy my "babycatcher." It looks so weird. My top tummy has shrunk a tad, but the bottom tummy is still quite large.

I hate being 24 with two huge tummies!

I really hope it goes away - else my hopes of looking fabulous in a bikini will be for nothing!

Keep working!!
suzisonthemovetolose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 03:53 PM   #8  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Height: 5'5½

As a former Weight Watcher who reached her goal a few years ago (not there anymore now, but that's another story), I can honestly say I too have a double belly... mine at my goal weight of 150 lbs (I am 5'5") was smaller but still a little bit of a "pot" if you know what I mean?

It's frustrating when you are not quite there yet, but just keep going and it WILL at least become smaller and less "double" like and it might just tighten up completely and disappear!
PinkyPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 03:57 PM   #9  
playin' for keeps

Hi all,

I'm a belly girl, myself. Now that I'm getting closer to a normal bmi, both of my bellies are definitely changing. The top part is pretty much gone now, though there is still some padding over the muscle that needs to go away...

Even the bottom part - my arch nemesis, has shrunken considerably. I was hoping it would be mostly gone by now, but it's hanging on a bit longer.

From what I've read around here, the only way to get rid of it is to lose the fat - which means more cardio. Toning the muscle underneath will help things look good when you're done though.

Hang in there!!

cheers!
paula
cagirlygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 03:58 PM   #10  
DNR
Determined Woman

Default What I've Heard

I have heard more than once that a woman's tummy is the hardest thing to get rid of - no matter how good the rest is shaping up, the tummy is the last and hardest. So, I'd say keep on doing what you are doing and you are bound to get results.

The thing I'm most worried about is when the fat is gone there, will I have skin hanging to my knees? When you get as old as me, things don't bounce back as easy as they do when you are young.

DNR
DNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 04:05 PM   #11  

The way i carry my weight can be very misleading.

I’m 6 feet tall. I have a long body, but relatively short legs. The result is that I do not look as heavy as I really am.

Approx 3 years ago I did not weight myself regularly. However I knew I had a few extra. I estimated my weight at that time around 270-280. I went for a routine check at doctor’s office and when I stepped on the scale it topped off at 335 pounds.

I was devastated, so was my doctor who did not think it was that bad.

I lost a lot since then; but the illusion remains. I am around 250; but my friends do not believe me. They think I am around 200-210….
frenchiepolarbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 04:11 PM   #12  

I have top tummy and bottom tummy! Top tummy is changing all the time, and sometimes is quite firm and looks good, and other times it seems to borrow from bottom tummy!!! Don't stress and just let the fat come off, it will happen. My stomach still looks pretty gross, but nothing a good pair of supportive knickers can't sort out!

Any cardio will burn fat. I do abs and core work mainly for strength reasons. If that helps my tummy appearance, all the better, but it's functionality that I am most concerned with at this stage.
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 04:11 PM   #13  
Bird Nerd

I have the double tummy thing too! One thing that I have noticed as I have lost weight - both of my tummies are getting smaller, however, I think that the top tummy is getting smaller quicker than the bottom one.
Also - I have always heard that doing low carb will help you lose your tummy. I am on my second week of South Beach and I can tell the weight I have lost is mostly from my stomach - which is great. Anyway, it is something to think about, I don't know if it is that way for everyone, but it seems to be helping my stomach!
wildlifebio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 04:25 PM   #14  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

I have that darn double tummy as well! I am still waiting for that sucker to go away...
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 04:31 PM   #15  
Yee Haw!

S/C/G: 278/220/130

Height: 5'4"

I have the double tummy too. I cant wait to get rid of both.
Kamily828 is offline   Reply With Quote