Old 01-23-2006, 12:49 PM   #1  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Default Weekly Journal Buddy Thread (Jan. 23-29)

After a weekend out of town (and off of diet ), I am back to post today's eats:
  • instant oatmeal
  • whole-wheat English muffin w/peanut butter and banana slices
That's it so far...I'll post dinner and any other snacks later
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 01:10 PM   #2  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Sorry for the absence, death in the family, leaving for Mayo Clinic tomorrow after the funeral.

Jilly, I know, I know. I need to be stronger than this! TOM is here & stress eating is the MO. Not for dinner, though. At lunch I made up for the low calorie breakfast.

Thank you for the good wishes, Fishy!!

Today:
decaf soy skim latte
1 packet cheezits (needed food to take pills with & just not hungry. I need to get some lo-so triscuits back into the building ASAP!)

1 grilled cheese sandwich w/tomato slices
1 raspberry shake, extra raspberries (because somehow that's healthier???!?!?! I am not even kidding myself anymore)
1/2 grilled chicken salad
half a packet of wheat thins

waterrrrrrrrr

Last edited by SuchAPrettyFace; 01-23-2006 at 05:56 PM.
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 01:15 PM   #3  
Made in England!

S/C/G: 260/260/169

Height: 5' 4"

Yes, Jilly, I drank the whole bottle of wine! Hubby doesn't like any alcoholic drinks, and it would've gone flat if I'd left it....

Sorry for your loss, SAPF. Have a safe trip to the clinic. :

Sun 22 Jan:
  • 500 ml coffee, 2 tblsp. half & half.
  • 1 cup Optimum Slim cereal, 1 oz seedless raisins, ½ cup 0% milk.
  • Handful of almonds.
  • 1 cup whole-grain pasta with sauce (leftover fromFriday), green beans, carrot, onion, peas.
  • 750 ml black tea tea.
  • 2 oz whole-wheat bread, 2½ oz lean baked ham, 1 oz cheddar, hot peppers.
  • 500 ml green tea, handful walnuts.

Exercise: 35 minute walk.

Today's Plan:
  • Cereal, raisins, 0% milk; coffee with half & half.
  • Banana, yogurt.
  • Ham sandwich, salad..
  • Cheese & tomato omelette.
  • Marmite & Triscuits.
DishyFishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 05:54 PM   #4  
Hanging in the Heartland

S/C/G: 470/220/170

Height: 5"8"

Hi folks,

Jillegal, you crack me up BTW, I do live very close to the Minneapolis/St. Paul airport!!!

SAPF, sorry to here about all that is happening. Let me know if you would like a visit in Rochester or on your layover. I sent you a PM

Dolly, glad your feeling better

and Ali, congratulations on the weight loss. I tend to do better when I loosen up a bit. I am not sure why

I had a soso weekend foodwise but a great one funwise I am starting to do a lower carb thing this week. It seems to be the only way I can lose any weight. (How I lost my 50#'s 2 years ago) So food will look a little different although I still eat 6 times a day. Exercise has been for naught. I am not sure what has gotten into me as I usually love going to the gym. Winter blahs maybe?

B 2 eggs and 3 strips bacon
S Beef roll up and low carb muffins
L Curry chicken with red peppers and string beans
Proposed
S celery and cheese
D meatballs string beans and salad with dressing
S Low carb bar
activeadventurer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 06:00 PM   #5  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by activeadventurer
SAPF, sorry to here about all that is happening. Let me know if you would like a visit in Rochester or on your layover. I sent you a PM
Thank you for your kind words. I have sent you a PM in reply, so the ball's in your court. I DO have a 2-3 hour layover in MPLS.
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 08:37 PM   #6  
Green Tea Goddess

Monday - Breakfast - Peaches and cream oatmeal and a cup of hot green tea - Lunch - A slice of american cheese on toast with half a can of iced green tea - Dinner - A slice of american cheese on toast with the other half can of iced green tea.
Venus In Mourning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 01:00 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 351 / 282 / 135

Height: 5'3"

Another business trip. Just when I was trying to get back into the habit of strength training! And it was 3 hours late, too. Grrr.

Breakfast: Oatmeal and strawberries with some sugar
Snack: LF sugar free yogurt
Lunch: LF Shrimp Creole over brown rice
Snack: Small Ben & Jerry's vanilla yogurt (probably still 1.5 cups of ice cream!)
Dinner: McD's grilled bacon ranch with ranch dressing

Calories: About 1436
rabidstoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 02:26 AM   #8  
Crazy Canuck

Monday
Sugar free, fat free Asto yogurt, vanilla (3)
Thawed frozen raspberries, mixed into yogurt (2)
tea (0)

small banana (1)
Perrier water (0)

breaded fish fillet (4)
cabbage salad (2)

tangello (1)
bottled water (0)

club soda (0)

President's Choice Blue Menu Extra Lean Shepherd's Pie (7)
salad of mixed greens (0)
calorie reduced ranch dressing (1)
club soda (0)

Carnation light hot chocolate (1)

Total points (22)

Exercise: Walked the dog for 15 minutes in the morning and 15 minutes in the evening. Walked to my polling station to vote in the federal election (30 min round-trip walk).
Jillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 07:30 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 260.8/248.8/150

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone!

I'm still sort of struggling. My knee is better, but my shoulder still hurts - alot. PT isn't quite sure what it is, yes I know he's not a Dr., but at this point, he's not even sure if I need to see an Orthopedic Surgeon or a Neurologist, because it might be a nerve! Nothing seems to make it better, ice, Advil, stronger pain meds help a little because as least they put me to sleep. So, no upper body, but I'm still doing cardio and lower body.

As for my food, I still have 1-2 pts over creeping into my days, I talked about it @ WW and we all agreed that w/the amount of cardio I do, it's ok, I just don't like the feeling. Plus, in another 4lbs, I lose 2 more points!

Here's my food from yesterday...

2 - coffee
1 - egg whites
3 - luna bar
2 - tomato soup
5 - zone bar
0 - veggies
2 - (2) 1 pt cakes
2 - coffee
7 - LC chicken
2 - almonds
2 - cheese
28 points (out of 26)

Exercise: 40 mins - 500 cals (goal = 2,000/week), abs

Have a great day everyone!
BethC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 07:53 AM   #10  
Big Ol' loser

I did good until friday night. We ate japanese which is fine if you are low carbing! I'm not.
But then the rest of the weekend kind of went down hill. Sunday I went to they gym for the first time in forever, I will be going tonight also. I'm babystepping back into this! I told myself I would stick with this for 6 mos and I'm subtracting the time 'off' from the total. I do intend to keep on going after 6 mos, I just want to see where I am in 6 mos and see how worth it, it is.

This weekend has been so full. My parents came to visit and left their new puppy at my house while they went on to an annual meeting for a few days. They come back today to get the pupppy. But I have a 2 year old, a 12 year old with attitude, my own dog and two cats and this demanding puppy. Its been a little more than we can handle and makes me glad I don't have to keep him. He is on my dads schedule who gets up at 5 a.m.! Anyway I had intentions of going to the gym but I have been letting dh keep on sleeping and don't want him to have to deal with the dog.

So to quit being negative
I didn't tell you something I did - well a couple of things. I love photography and found a way to photograph that I like. Well I took a couple of my sons friends (bro and sis) upto a park to take pics. The girl was the only one who enjoyed it. I took some awesome pics(if I say so myself) so I printed them up and gave them to the mom. She offered to pay me to do it again! So I'm starting that up. And the other thing is at work I began doing toastmasters! Something social! I am very antisocial anymore and it could weight related. So I'm starting down that road!
goalnorolls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 08:31 AM   #11  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Okay, so yesterday I would have ended up at 1388 calories if I could behave--I had 2 turkey burgers on wheat buns with SunChips for dinner, which fit wonderfully into my calories for the day. But no, I had to blow it. I went grocery shopping. I bought some spinach and some coke zero and some low-fat frozen vegan spring rolls--and a container of frosted sugar cookies It had 10 cookies in the package, and they are my ULTIMATE weakness. I haven't had them in FOREVER because the only place I ever knew of that carried them was Super Walmart. But I went to the grocery store, and right there by the front door was a big display--ON SALE FOR $1.99 (regularly $3.99). I ate 8 of them 8 cookies doesn't sound horrible, but they are big and frosted and have sprinkles--190 calories a pop. I didn't know a single cookies could be so bad! But yeah, that brought me flying up to a little over 2900 calories for the day

On a brighter note, I already threw out the last 2 cookies, and after gorging myself like that (though they were DELICIOUS), I have a fresh memory in mind of how gross and overly-stuffed I felt for the rest of the night.

Moving on to today...
  • GoLean Crunch cereal w/skim milk and a banana
  • pineapple
  • whole-wheat bagel w/peanut butter and jelly
  • Chicken Toscana (Macaroni Grill--yay for them providing nutritional info on their website!)
Total of about 1340 calories and NO grocery shopping today
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 09:38 AM   #12  
Made in England!

S/C/G: 260/260/169

Height: 5' 4"

That's awesome chucking out the biccies, jillybean!

How cool to get paid for something you enjoy, Liz. Maybe there are more parents out there who'll stump up some cash to have you take flattering pics of their little darlings?

You're doing really well on the weight-loss front, Beth, so if your body needs those extra couple of points to balance out your exercise, that doesn't seem unreasonable to me. your shoulder heals soon.

Hey, Jilly! Have you fallen out with Kashi, or something? I can't remember the last time I saw Go Lean on your menu!

It must be tough dealing with all those trips, Liz, what with the disrupted routine and all. I've just seen hubby off to Calgary, and even though I don't care for the place, I half wish I'd gone with him. The house seems so empty....

Do you have a set amount of carbs you're aiming to stay below, Denise? And does it make a difference what type of carbs? Just being nosey.

Mon 23 Jan:
  • 500 ml coffee, 2 tblsp. half & half.
  • 1 cup Optimum Slim cereal, 1 oz seedless raisins, ½ cup 0% milk.
  • 2 oz whole-wheat bread, 2 oz lean baked ham, 1 tblsp. Phili Light, red cabbage.
  • 1 cup fresh fruit (grapefruit, orange, pineapple), 750 ml green tea tea.
  • 1 egg omelette with 1½ oz cheddar, red pepper, ½ cup sweet corn, tomato.
  • 8 Lo-So Triscuits, Marmite, 1 oz gouda.

Exercise: None.

Today's Plan:
  • Cereal, raisins, 0% milk; coffee with half & half.
  • Starbuck's triple grande FF latte.
  • Ham sandwich, salad. (Or something on the hoof--I'm going shopping for yarn.)
  • Prawns, brown rice, salad.
  • Marmite & Triscuits.
DishyFishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 10:08 AM   #13  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

So I went back and checked and I posted on Monday last week and that was it!! Monday and Tuesday I was sick, Wednesday and Thursday I played games. Friday, Saturday and Sunday, I finally got back to business. *whew* I wish I didn't play around with this so much. I need to be more consistent.

Good Luck today SAPF!!

BethC - I also think that if you need a few extra points right now, that's ok. Look how far you have come. You'll get there. Sorry to hear that your shoulder is bothering you now. Be careful with that. A doctor visit might be in order here.

Jillybean - Congrats on throwing the cookies out and moving on. I think we all have some foods that we just cannot have in the house.

goalnorolls - Sorry about the puppy troubles! Congrats on the photography thing. I know I am always looking for some alternatives to the JcPenney thing. Keep in mind that people are always trying to get great pictures of their kids at Christmas time for Christmas cards.

jillegal - Didn't I tell you I am a paid spokesperson for Zone Perfect bars. You don't know, but I have Dolly itching for them too, if only she could get them out by her!!! ~zone pefect bars~ Mmmmmmmm.

rabidstoat - Are your business trips overnight at a hotel with a gym? Or just quick trips?

Dishy - Good for you! Being able to lose and not count. I believe I will have to count for the rest of my life. And I'm ok with that. (somebody remind me I said that, when I start to ***** and moan)

I am reading a new book called Calorie Queens that someone recommended. It's pretty good. I don't know that it's anything new, but i like what they say and sometimes you just need to hear it again. It's written by a mom and daughter who lost over 300 lbs!

Ok, my stats

1/23/06
210 - Coconut Zone Perfect Bar
161 - Triscuts & cheese
230 - south beach chicken ceasar wrap
100 - yogurt
110 - 1 chicken sausage link
150 - 3/4 cup rice
190 - 2 slice whole wheat bread
100 - butter
220 - 1 cup light ice cream
10 - strawberries
75 - chocolate syrup
100 - some generic M&M's
1656 - TOTAL

Water: 72 oz.
Exercise: None
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 02:05 PM   #14  
Green Tea Goddess

My friends, I tell you... I have found heaven in a can. Progresso French Onion Soup. Low fat. Low cal. One can is only 100 calories. I'm splitting a can today. I skipped breakfast today because I woke up sick to my stomach. (No, I'm not pregnant.) So my lunch was a slice of American cheese on two slices of toasted bread and half a can of that soup. My dinner will be the same. Late tonight I might make some oatmeal if I start to lag from the lack of breakfast. I just HAD to tell someone about that soup! MMMMMM The only problem is the sodium content. I'm not really watching my sodium though... other than just not adding salt to anything.
Venus In Mourning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 06:33 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 332/270/160

Height: 5"7'

1/23 No exercise today but I did eat well and drink lots of water.
b - 1/2 banana, ww banana pumpkin muffin
s - 1 strawberry yogurt
l - chicken and corn chowder, a few chips, 2 cc cookies
d - steak with stroganoff noodles, greek salad, 1 diet pepsi
SnowboundChick is offline   Reply With Quote