Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2001, 06:44 PM   #1  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Default ~night Owls 21~

It was time for thread #21. Please read page #2 of thread #20 so you don't miss anything.

Brenda - Awwww, what an awesome B'day cake. I just realized I didn't even HAVE one...... I can't believe you're in the 170's AGAIN!!!!!! That's wonderful.....you must look like that picture you sent me when you were standing in front of your fireplace and beenie babies. You hot Mama you!

My knee is doing well. The right hole/incision keeps re-opening a little every time I do my physical Therapy but I'm told that's to be expected.

On a sadder note.....I guess. Missy is NOT pregnant. She must have miscarried which is natures way so I have no control over it. The vet will be out to check on her tomorrow. It's sad but I also know everything happens for a reason. Anyway, she's soooo maternal with the other pregnant mare. This will be her first foal and she has no idea what's happening to her but Missy does. She senses it. It's so sweet to watch but I'm hoping she doesn't "steal" the baby away. Mares do that sometimes. On the other hand, if "Flame" rejects the foal...which just might happen since it's her first......it would be a good thing if Missy could take over. We'll just have to wait and see. All I DO know is that I'm getting Li'l Billy his own horse. There's a really nice Dunny that looks like a Palamino but it's not. Really light brown eyes too, really, really gentle and an awesome WESTERN PLESURE horse. Only 8 yrs. old and perfect for Billy. Same size as Missy but he'll have her for years to come....now to negotiate the price and Billy will have a nice surprise on Christmas Morning.

So far today, I had a bagel with about one TBSP of Crm. Cheese and I JUST finished some chicken and broccolli. (sp?)......I'm getting ready to have my nightly glass of milk and then a huge cup...er......JUG of tea and then I'm off to the barn to tuck in the horses. I was told I CAN ride now......walking only.......yeah, yeah....we'll see how I feel. I'm not being bad.....just know my body....besides.....I can sit to her trot very easily. Can't wait for tomorrow to come.

I'm trying to stay OP best I can but I can't say I've been as good as I should be. I DID however QUITE SMOKING for my B'day. I'm 43 now and it's time. I suppose I'll be a raving lunatic for the rest of the week but atleast my lungs will START to clear up.

Hope you all have a good night.
Hugs,
~Pamela~

P.S. - I LOVE all the images everyone is posting. Really beautiful and creative.

Last edited by PJ; 09-19-2001 at 06:53 PM.
Old 09-20-2001, 09:54 AM   #2  
I'm on my way!

Good morning everyone!

Its good to see more people posting again!

PJ....HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY GIRL!! Good for you for quitting smoking! Your lungs will appreciate it....and so will your KIDS! I am trying to convince John to quit smoking...in time I guess!

Setina---glad to see you posting again! Its the thought that counts...you seem to be doing alot already!

I haven't had a great week food wise...but will get back on track again! I am determined to get this weight off again!

Well I gotta get to work...will catch you all later! Hey btw, has anyone kept in touch with Elaine? Where has she been?

Michelle
Old 09-20-2001, 11:32 AM   #3  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Michelle - Thanks for the B'day wishes and nope.....haven't seen or heard from Elaine in ages. I think she's moved on to another group that gave her more support.

Well, two more days until the first day of FALL!!!!!!!! Are you all ready for the beginning of the HOLIDAYS?????? Yippeeeeeeeeee.
Old 09-20-2001, 08:30 PM   #4  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

This has absolutely nothing to do with Ww but I just HAD to share it with you because I'm STILL laughing

New Vocabulary Words

1) Arachnoleptic fit (n.) The frantic dance performed just after you've accidentally walked through a spider web.

2) Beelzebug (n.) Satan in the form of a mosquito that gets into your bedroom at 3 in the morning and cannot be cast out.

3) Bozone (n.) The substance surrounding stupid people that stops bright ideas from penetrating. The bozone layer, unfortunately, shows little sign of breaking down in the near future.

4) Cashtration (n.) The act of buying a house, which renders the subject financially impotent for an indefinite period.

5) Dopelar effect (n.) The tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter when you come at them rapidly.

6) Extraterrestaurant (n.) An eating place where you feel you've been abducted and experimented upon. Also known as an E-T-ry.

7) Foreploy (n.) Any misrepresentation or outright lie about yourself that leads to sex.

8) Intaxication (n.) Euphoria at getting a tax refund, which lasts until you realize it was your money to start with.

9) Kinstirpation (n.) A painful inability to move relatives who come to visit.
Old 09-20-2001, 10:56 PM   #5  
Happy Member

PJ--

WAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!

I miss summer already!! I'm not READY for it to be fall yet.
I hate that when I wake in the morning, that I'm COLD!! I hate cold. I should move, but I couldn't stand to be far away from my family.....I wanna steal your Florida weather!

Ally
Old 09-20-2001, 11:22 PM   #6  

hey guys i hope everyone is doing okay.

i haven't posted in a couple of days things has been rough here. my dad is getting worse day by day and today he went back to the hospital and they've kept him overnight. they drained his right lung again and this time it was over 2 liters that they drained from it they also put a drainage tube in his lung where he can drain it at home and be more comfortable. it's been so hard on all of us right now and it's not going to be easier anytime soon. he's going down so fast now it's all most like being on a rollercoaster ride in a way.

on a happier note not that i feel like celebrating i lost 3.4 lbs this week for a total of 77 op and 15 on my own for a grand total of 92 lbs so far i still have 42.6 to go woohoo. i also got my 75 lbs magnet this week.

hope everyone's weeks been better than mine talk to you soon
Old 09-21-2001, 03:48 AM   #7  

I'm here but feelin' kinda blue cause I can't do anything!!!!!!!!!!!!! I need to keep busy physically and get things accomplished to keep my mental status normal...I know PJ...I'm not normal! never was!!!!!!!!!! Physical Therapy wears me out and hurts too! Oh, I fell in the garage too and hurt my right hand and arm! ( Walked into a spider web and did PJ's dance!) So hard to click my mouse my upper body is getting so weak...I just hate this!!!!!!!!!!!!! No one understands! (could use some sympathy here!)

We did have a good time with the boys home for DH's 50th last Saturday. I stayed op but had banked points to use up on cake and icecream!!!!!!!!!!! I'm craving carbs so I know I'm getting depressed about not being able to get anything done!

Anyone know how the mail is running I have some film to send to Seattle but don't want it to get lost with all this airport stuff! I'm still in shock at all this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not feeling any anger yet but sad....I hear this is normal too!

Still can't type much...........

Last edited by Candicej; 09-21-2001 at 03:54 AM.
Old 09-21-2001, 04:04 AM   #8  

PJ........HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-23-2001, 09:46 AM   #9  

hey owls,

where is everyone?

well yesterday we had family come in from all over to see daddy, some of them i hadn't seen in years.
it was a sad but a good day. it was good because almost all of his cousins was there but 2 and all of his brothers and sisters and aunts and uncles that are left showed up. it will more than likely be the last get together before.... so knowing that it made it sad he had a pretty good day didn't feel real good but he was happy so that made it a good day for us.
i'm going back to work tonight and in the morning i'll go out to momma and daddy's to sit with him where momma and michelle (my sis) can work without having to worry about him being by himself. momma has to make him a dr's appt. so they can some how seal the tumor where it's not pouring fluid like it is now. how they'll do that i don't know. so maybe that will make him more comfortable.
i want to thank all of you for your thoughts and prayers it really means alot to me and my family
i did however go totally off program yesterday and you should've seen the looks i got from my daddy he didn't say anything but i'm on track so far today if i don't get back op he'll be fussing at me.
well i'm still tired (probably the new medicine the dr put me on friday)so i'm fixing to go back to bed.
talk to you owls later hope you have a good day
Old 09-23-2001, 10:10 AM   #10  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Default ~Good Morning~

Thanks Candice - STILL didn't get my Birthday cake. A REAL one, that is. maybe tonight.

Jen - I feel so lost as to what to say to you right now. I CAN understand the pain you feel right now.....especially with everything else that's going on in this world but nothing is more important than what is going on with your family right now. Alot of people don't understand that. When it's happening to YOU.....it's the worse thing in the world. All I can do is offer you my prayers and support on here. I pray for you and your family to keep your faith strong and to stick together. Your Mother is going to need support from you and you from her. If it helps at all....I'm here for you too.

Ally - Have you seen my picturetrail page from the rodeo? I've got a few pictures of the broncs. Since you posted the pictue of one....I thought you might get a kick out of seeing many...... they actually came out pretty good and some of them are really funny. Let me know if you saw them or not and if you want...I'll send the url.......and yes dear, it's Fall. Even here in Florida we're seeing the cooler weather. Now THIS is the weather we live here for. It pretty much stays like this for the next 7 months except for the coldest months, which are Jan. and Feb. It actually gets into the 30's at times. I LOVE the Fall and usually fly up north to get my "Fall Fix" with the leaves. Don't know if I want to fly yet so I'll wait and see if I get up the nerve.

Still haven't had a "butt" since my B'day (Sept. 18th). That makes it officially FIVE days of being a non-smoker. Boy am I coughing alot too.......must be my body getting rid of all the "garbage".

I'm out of here..........just finishing up my coffee......going to check out the chat room and then I'm off to the barn. "See" you all later. Have a WONDERFUL Sunday.
Hugs to you all,
~Pamela~

Last edited by PJ; 09-23-2001 at 10:18 AM.
Old 09-23-2001, 04:09 PM   #11  

Default Hello, nightowls!

Hi, there, ladies -- I have been talking to Brenda about the waving American flag she and others have had as their avatars. I thought it was so beautiful and asked her how to do it, warning her that I am exceedingly computer illiterate.

I did get the avitar under my name, but the flag is not waving, and I wonder if anyone could help me figure out how to do it? I had originally saved it in "my documents," but there was only one choice of file and that was btmp., which didn't transfer it right. She suggested that I save it as a gif. file, so I put the flag into a program I have which handles pictures and so on (Dell Picture Studio). There, I saw that gif. was not a choice either, so I saved it to jpg. I did get it to appear this time, but I see that the flag is still. Brenda has gone (or come, as we are only 30 miles from Anaheim) to Disneyland and she suggested I ask someone on your thread. Thank you very much for your help, I appreciate it, and appreciate your patience while the instructions break through the thick walls of my cranium....

P.S. -- happy belated birthday, PJ and to Jen, I am very sorry about your Dad's illness. May God bless your family.
Old 09-24-2001, 03:57 AM   #12  

Pj great job on the nor butts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought Bren cancelled her trip to Disney World??????????

Hi Linda Jean....I'm computer illiterate too so I can't help you out ... maybe Pj can!
Old 09-24-2001, 04:00 AM   #13  

Just wanted to se if this worked!
Old 09-24-2001, 06:41 PM   #14  

Hi, Candice, thank you for your reply. Even though you say that you are "computer illiterate" also, I appreciated your responding to my question about the flag. Brenda had suggested originally that I ask PJ, because she said she knows a lot. From the looks of this thread, however, it looks like all of you Night Owls know a lot about putting the avitars in, as well as adding graphics to the body of your replies. I am impressed!
Old 09-25-2001, 10:09 AM   #15  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Linda - You can use the flag that Candice put up. Just right click and COPY.....then go to your profile where you originally put your avatar (flag) and PASTE. It should work just fine.

Today makes day number SEVEN that I've been smoke free. It hasn't been hard but then I haven't had company over and sat out on the patio with a glass of wine yet either. That's my major down fall with the butts......sociallizing and smoking out on the patio or wherever. AAAGGHH......but I'm hanging in there.

Jen - How is your Father today?

Candice - How are your flowers and gardening going? I'm going to put in red white and ????? impatiens today......will have to see what color they have to replace the blue....maybe a dark purple of SOMETHING. Anyway, doing really well OP the past few days and getting my exercise and water in too. What's up with me these days..... it's not LIKE me.......

I'm outta here...have a great day OP and DRINK THAT WATER!!!

Last edited by PJ; 09-25-2001 at 10:11 AM.
Closed Thread