Old 01-23-2006, 04:55 PM   #1  

Unhappy Do diet drinks & tea really make a difference?

I went to WI today, still at 141.4, was there Sat and haven't really moved much since last week.

She told me if I could, cut out my whole 12 oz of tea and at least 1 diet coke ( I am drinking 2), that they can make a big difference. Anyone else experience this, that it really makes a big difference?

I am on the Gold plan, been working out a lot lately, but not moving much on the scale the past week and a half or so.

Thanks!

Sheila
slecompte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 05:11 PM   #2  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Sounds like she's reaching a bit. I don't know if it makes much difference as long as you're getting all your water in.

If you're exercising a lot-they should at least measure you to see if you're just packing on muscle.
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 07:27 PM   #3  

Sheila-At my center I was told that if it is diet soda that I am ok. Are you measuring your portions that was a big surprise to me? I was under estimating portion size, and that does not work either. That is why I bought a scale. Are you drinking all your water seperate from the tea? What kind of tea? Are you eating the exact thing every day? Alot of questions sorry but those are the things that I would think about.

Bernadette
thnknthn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 08:41 PM   #4  

Thanks ladies - no problem with the ?'s, that is why I ask for help

I do measure everything, I have the scale they gave me. i drink all of my water seperate from my tea, so getting in at least 8 glasses on top of tea or diet coke.

I figured I would just have water tomorrow and until I weigh Wed, then see what happens. It can't hurt I suppose.

I do think a "little" might be muscle from exercising, but of course not a lot! My original 5 week goal was to 137.8, but think I am going to add a new plan w/maintenance and get to 133 - or try I should say and I think that is going to be very hard!!

Sheila
slecompte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 07:30 AM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by slecompte
Thanks ladies - no problem with the ?'s, that is why I ask for help

I do measure everything, I have the scale they gave me. i drink all of my water seperate from my tea, so getting in at least 8 glasses on top of tea or diet coke.

I figured I would just have water tomorrow and until I weigh Wed, then see what happens. It can't hurt I suppose.

I do think a "little" might be muscle from exercising, but of course not a lot! My original 5 week goal was to 137.8, but think I am going to add a new plan w/maintenance and get to 133 - or try I should say and I think that is going to be very hard!!

Sheila
You might try Caffeine free diet coke to see if the limiting caffeine helps. I can't live without CF diet coke
Leah AU mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 08:35 AM   #6  

What plan are you on? they have me on the red plan since I exercise so much..maybe your not getting enough food
Gymgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 08:50 AM   #7  

I was wondering the same thing - Sheila, how many hours a week do you work out? They are supposed to adjust your plan if you work out more than 5 hours a week.

Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 09:22 AM   #8  

here is my question abou tthe exercise thing, and someone please jump in. How does 5 hours of exercise immediatly mean I go up three colors to Red and 2.5 hours or even 4 mean i stay were I am....why isn't there an in-between, I was really upset when I wasn't loosing when i started to do more cardio week befor last, but i can't get in all the gold food sometime so I know I can't do red with 8 oz proteins. why isn't there a middle ground?

I hate that Ihave cut back on my workout becaus ei really think that a flabby 140 is not going to be enough for me..even a flabby 135, but it feels like I am forced to choice and I know I can not eat all of that food regularly on red.

Ok, done with my pouting, but when I mention it to the COD, they are just like..stay under 5 and I really find it hard to belive that 4.5 hours means I still eat gold, but 30 minutes more mean go to red.
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote