Old 01-14-2006, 08:24 PM   #1  

Thumbs up Let's Do Lunch

Is anyone else using the "Let's Do Lunch" book for weightloss? I have been using the plan and have lost 9 pounds in the past two weeks. It is awesome!
runnin' momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 04:38 PM   #2  

Hi -

I've been reading the book off and on over the past few weeks and am trying to decide if this would work for me. I like the focus on "real" foods and know that giving up sugar would be a good thing for me, but I don't know if the no snacking part would work. I've never been good at going hours without eating anything. Are you sticking with the part about only eating protein at lunch? I have also been reading a book by Kathleen DesMaisons about sugar addiction, and she recommends getting protein spread throughout the day to help with sugar cravings - I guess I read too much - I just get myself confused!

Let me know how it's going for you and if you have any suggestions for me in regards to trying this plan.

Good luck!

Laelle
Laelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 08:59 PM   #3  

Laelle,
I have tried so many "plans" and none of them work. When I have to weigh and measure food, if I make the slightest mistake then I give up for the rest of the day. This is the first time I have gone for more than a week or two. It has been 24 days now and I am down 13 pounds! I have been a real sugar addict(as in a pounder bag of almond m&m's a day) for a while now. The book suggests that if you are a sugar addict that any time you get a craving for sugar, eat a high sugar fruit. The author has a web site where he actually answers your questions himself. He told me to eat fruit any time that I need to until I reduce my cravings. (Even between meals)
This morning I had a cup of grapefruit juice, a banana, and a small box of raisins for breakfast. For lunch I had sloppy joes on wasa crackers, corn, and a boiled egg. I ate until I was full. For dinner I had canelope and mushroom vegetable soup. Tonight for a snack I had popcorn. My energy level has skyrocketed, and I don't have the afternoon sleepiness I used to have. I sometimes have a little chicken or an egg with dinner just to get a little extra protein. But I have found I don't need it as much as I thought I did. Because I lift weights and run I have always been huge into protein. Now all of the veggies and fruit are giving me the energy I need.
My husband is not overweight like I am. He started a little over a week ago. He has lost 4 pounds. My mom has lost 8 pounds (She started when I did.) One of my sisters started last week, and she has already lost 3 pounds.
I have to keep rereading the book to make sure I keep everything straight, but it is an easy read. This may not be the diet for everyone, but like I said, I have never been successful before. I am amazed at how it has fit my needs.
THanks for the best wishes. If you decide to try it, I'd love to stay in touch.

PS. I do allow myself a splurge on Fridays- a little chocolate- not the pounder bag though
runnin' momma is offline   Reply With Quote