General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2006, 05:02 PM   #1  
The Me I Wanna Be !

S/C/G: 212/200/180

Height: 5'2

Exclamation Does anyone here know anything about FLASH?

hi ladies, i think this is the right place for this... since it isnt diet related

I am wondering if any of you fabulous women know anything about Macromedia Flash

I want to create a simple intro for my website

i can get the first part of it fine (the website name sliding in from the top and appareing on the page)

but i cant get any of the subsequent text to come out right

it wants to start all of my animations at the same time so that everything is moving at once

what i am looking for is to have the site name come on the screen from the top, then the web address come on the screen from the bottom, and them some key words slide in one at a time from the sides

anyway... if anyone can help please please please either PM me or post here

Thanks so much !!
Old 01-20-2006, 08:35 PM   #2  
44lbs gone!

S/C/G: 154/112/105

Height: 4'10''

hey, I use mac flash occasionally, can I see what uve done already, I mite b able to help
Old 01-20-2006, 09:20 PM   #3  
The Me I Wanna Be !

yeah i had some one else ask that same question i dont have anything to show... every time it messes up and dont work right i end up growling at the computer, threatening it with some choice words and starting over again

i havnt saved a single thing yet

but it has me wanting to pull my hair out !
Old 01-21-2006, 05:10 PM   #4  
44lbs gone!

Sorry for the short message last nite it was coming up for 2am and the screen was lookin fuzzy...
I once had the simular problem and I solved it by having loads of layers.
do u have aim or msn messenger? if u did Icould talk to you about it much easier...
Old 01-21-2006, 05:53 PM   #5  
The Me I Wanna Be !

no problem about the short message

i havnt used AIM in a really long time i usualy use yahoo

but i do have an AIM account I would just need to re-DL the program

i've tried layers but for some reason it still wants to start everything at the same time, instead of starting the second text after the first one stops... i'm gunna go fight with it again here in a little bit

i know its user error i just need to figure out what my error is, i checked my school library the larger university library ( i got to a small tech college) and the public library here in town through the online card catologs last night and was surprised that none of them had any easy flash for beginners type books, in fact my school was the only one with any flash books and they only have one and it didnt sound that easy to use from the title...
Old 01-22-2006, 04:15 AM   #6  
44lbs gone!

ok, can you take a print sreen of what u see in flash, resize it and post it as an attachment here to i can see? I think it may help
Old 01-22-2006, 10:19 AM   #7  
The Me I Wanna Be !

angel, thanks... i think i have pretty much just given up for now... i spent an hour on it again yesturday and ended up with nothing to show for it... i'm usualy really good at these things but i am guessing flash is just above my head

i can get the same effect by making a standard animated gif, it'll just be a much larger file size but thats one i know how to do, so i'm just gunna go with that for now
Old 01-22-2006, 04:00 PM   #8  
44lbs gone!

get on yahoo if ur still interested and I caa run thru w'/u
Old 01-22-2006, 04:38 PM   #9  
44lbs gone!

okay!
this is how we do this.
first start new flash thingy
click on the white space and in properties set the size you want and colour etc(excuse me, Im pretty aware that u already know this but! I need to process this for myself)
Next I created layers and named them accordingly so I remember which id for which(and put them in order). I lock all but the 1st layer so I dont affect any of the other layers(do this by clicking the padlock, my cursor is hoovering over it in the pic).
click in the 1st frame of the layer your working in, press F6.
use the text tool to type the site name, style colour etc.
personally I right click on it and convert it to a graphic symbol but that isnt ness.
place the text blox where you want it to start from, this can be outside the box.
press F6, check theres a second frame in the current layer, now place the text box where you want it to end up.
click on that second frame and drag along a couple of frames(or howeva long u want it to take to get there)
click in the grey space that is now between those two frames and click 'create motion tween' is should now look purple.
press F12 the check it, this will open a browser.
okay now lock that layer and unlock another, choose where u want the lil animation to start I did it after the frame title but choose anywhere and click it and press F6 or right click and put in a new frame etc and pretty much do what u did for the last frame, as u can see u can put images in the same way.
enter action script etc for stopping or linkage etc after uve dont it all.

I hope the wasnt patronising in anyway and helpful.
Let me know if u end up giving it ago, and show me if u do.
Old 01-22-2006, 04:55 PM   #10  
44lbs gone!

check out http://www.geocities.com/climbin_ivy85/tayja
click on desk.jpg, its the image i was on about.
click on help.html to see what I did and click on help.fla and that shud open up in ur flash programme and u can mess about with what I did, change it and make it ur own
Old 01-22-2006, 06:19 PM   #11  
The Me I Wanna Be !

i just checked it out ... yeaa... ok when i can muster up enough energy i'll try it again proably during the week but possibly not til next weekend depending on how the week goes with school and all...
Closed Thread