Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2001, 11:13 PM   #1  
Thursday Lady

Lightbulb Thursday Chatters

Our other "chatters" was getting soooo long.

For anyone new to 3fatchicks or just to our little thread-----We are a great group. We want to live longer and be healthier than in the past. This group gives such sujpport like you've never seen. We would love for you to join us

Did everyone else have a long day????
Tammy, are you all packed for your trip? Laura, are you gone yet?

Linda, hey gal, where have you been?
Loodie, Sis, Dee?????
Has anyone heard from Jill? You know, her wedding isn't far away.

Susan, I feel "blobbish" tonight. Could it be because I drank 3 diet colas today...... What shall I do with me.....

I hope we all have a great Thursday.

Tina
Old 09-20-2001, 09:34 AM   #2  

Wink

Don't worry, Tina, you'll deblob soon enough! I'm trying to get on an earlier flight today, but don't know if that will work out. Went to the gym this morning. I just hope I can keep up the routine once I get back from my trip.

Good luck to all weighing in today!

Laura~
Old 09-21-2001, 12:17 AM   #3  
Thursday Team

Yep I'm still around, nothing new to say....except I'm bored with everything these days.

Better to have drank 3 diet colas then 3 regular colas Tina but Im sure you'll feel better tomorrow morning.

Your doing great going to the gym so often Laura, keep it up. Have a good trip.

Guess its bedtime for me, have to work tomorrow.
Have a great week everyone!
Dee
Old 09-21-2001, 10:44 PM   #4  
Susan

Hi All,

Tina, I still "blobbish" myself. However, it should pass in a day or so now. Glad I didnt' weigh in this week or I'd be REALLY depressed. Hope you "deblob" soon.

Laura, I love your new word "deblob." Good for you going to the gym.

I have come to the decision that I have a bike and weights here at home. I need to get off my behind and do it here. I'm also going to water aerobics Monday night. I plan on going at least 3 days a week. Hopefully 4\.

Dee, sorry you have to work tomorrow. You raised a good point about the cokes.

I had lunch with my friend today. I snuck out of school early. She looked great. It did us both some good to get out, but especially her!!

Nothing new here. I've had an upset stomach off and on. The answer is "NO, I'm not!!" A bug has been going around school. Maybe I'll drop a pound or 2.

Ya'll have a great weekend.

Susan
Old 09-21-2001, 10:49 PM   #5  

Hi all! Math conference was good for the most part. Got some good ideas in some of the sessions. I walked out of a couple early. They were awful.

We came home after our last sessions today because two of us need to watch our kids run cross country in the morning. Better to get a good night's sleep than have to get up early and drive home.

Need to head to bed!
Old 09-22-2001, 10:52 AM   #6  
Thursday Lady

Hi all,
Tammy, I'm glad the math conference was good & you learned something! Let us know how Tim does today. How's the weather? IT was supposed to wait until Monday to rain. Guess what, it started lightening and thundering AND raining during the night. That takes care of outside activities today.

Susan, yes, I have "deblobed"
Hope your stomach has calmed down by now.

Dee, take it easy. Just think of all that money you're raking in today.

Laura, you inspire me to find a gym!

I used any banked points I might have last night. There was a pot luck at church. Mostly desserts were taken. I did good-only had a big piece of German Chocolate cake. Pot Lucks are changing. Last night, there were so many veggie plates and fewer main dishes. Very interesting.

Okay group------2 weeks from today, I'll be on my way to San Francisco. I'm thinking that flying should be pretty safe right now.

Take care and have a great day.
Tina
Old 09-22-2001, 04:11 PM   #7  

Tina, my friend flew in from Arizona on Thursday. She said there is alot more security at the airports, and they were randomly selecting people to check through ALL of their luggage. She was one of the lucky (?) ones. They went through everything, then they said that she could repack her suitcases whenever she was ready. All of her stuff had been thrown into a tub. She said that she'd rather live with the inconvenience though.

Today's cross country course was only 1.8 miles. The creek that they usually run through was too deep and the banks were too slick for the kids to run on, so they cut out that section of the course. Tim's time was 14 min. 30 sec. so he was pleased. We figured he would've broken 16 minutes again even if it would have been the full 2 miles.

This is Bob's birthday. I have no card yet, no gift yet. Getting ready to go to that math thing threw me totally off. I think I need to go shopping for a while, how about you?
Old 09-24-2001, 03:57 PM   #8  
Thursday Lady

Happy belated birthday to Bob. Tammy, did you get a card and present in time?

Today I was taken out for lunch. We went to a South American restuarant. Very interesting. The Associate Minister knows all the latin places in town. He, the guy secretary and I had a great time. We were gone a couple of hours. (I didn't get all my work done; did I care??? )
3 more days of work until retirement. YEA!!!!!
There's going to be a Retirement Party for me on Sunday night. It'll be a party with lots of desserts. I plan on pigging out.

How was everyone's weekend?
Are we gearing up for weigh in? I'm flooding myself with gallons of water. No "blobbishness" for me this week.

Tina
134 personal goal--someday!
Old 09-25-2001, 11:13 AM   #9  

Hey there

Vegas was great. Absolutely no trouble flying in or out, aside from the cancelled flights that left some folks scrambling at the last minute. I didn't lose as much as I had planned on, so I guess it was a success!! Had a wonderful time with my friends, which was the best part.

Went back to the gym yesterday (water aerobics) and this morning (Pilates conditioning class), so that's a good sign! I might even go back tonight for another water aerobics class. I still have tons of laundry to do, since everything from Vegas smells like smoke

Nothing else to report in here. Tina, I'll bet you're excited about your countdown!!

Talk to you all later.

Laura~
Old 09-25-2001, 12:16 PM   #10  
Thursday Lady

Welcome home, Laura,
Hey--we all expected you to win big and share!
You are doing great with your exercise. I wish we had a water aerobics class around here. I live near our neighborhood pool. I think I'll get on them to start one. Now with all my free time...

How is everyone else doing? How's your weather?
It was 60 here this morning. Wow

Stay OP

Tina
p.s. I heard from Linda (Loodie). She's having a hard time getting to the internet. She wanted to say hello.

Last edited by Tina; 09-25-2001 at 12:26 PM.
Old 09-25-2001, 01:06 PM   #11  
Thursday Team

Default Halloween Goal

Acck! I had to re-log in to get to this new site page. Hi Linda! Sorry you're having trouble getting in.

Well its Tues morning(noon) and I'm OP!! that could have something to do with the fact that I've only been up a short time, and just ate a couple bites for breakfast. Now to continue on this OP trail for the rest of the week....better yet rest of my life!

I'm gonna set my self a Halloween Goal---no candy at all until trick or treat day Thats a long time, but I've done it before, and I can do it again. I'm also going to keep a food journal, and work the program!! Want to be down 15# by Halloween. Anyone else want to do a goal?

Sounds like you had a wonderful time at lunch the other day Tina, good for you!! Enjoy your retirement party!! Good thing it will be after W/I.....

Glad you made it to and from Vegas safely Laura....and you had a fun time too! WOOHOO!!! You're doing great on your work-outs, keep up the good work.

Have a great OP day everyone!! I'm to town to shop, it's my day off.......Dee
Old 09-26-2001, 09:53 PM   #12  

Las Vegas and retirement sound wonderful to me!!

I can't believe tomorrow is Thursday already. Not expecting a loss this week. I'll be happy to stay the same as last week.

Time for bed!!!
Old 09-26-2001, 10:37 PM   #13  
Thursday Lady

Only 1 1/2 days until retirement.
I will officially celebrate and breathe a sigh of relief after I talk to the Elders on Monday night. I want them to realize that I'm not quiting just because of the job assignments--it's because of the New Minister's attitude. I cannot end this without them knowing the truth---no telling what NM has told them.
Soooooo you all are invited to my Retirement Party being thrown for me on Sun. night, 9/30 at my church.
Yes, it's a good thing weigh in is before Sunday night.

Tammy - get some rest.

Susan - where are you?

Tina
Old 09-27-2001, 11:57 PM   #14  
Thursday Team

Hi all

Well today makes 3 days of being OP! I wont W/I til tomorrow or Sat....just to give me a couple more days. So far so good with not eating junk food. Still need to work in more fruits/veggies and water, but its a start.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!
Dee
Old 09-28-2001, 02:00 PM   #15  
Thursday Lady

I am FREE
No more work----retirement is here.
I feel so giddy. This is such a strange feeling.
Fortunately that minister was out of town today. I don't think he would have shown his face anyway.

I couldn't wait to tell y'all.

We haven't heard from Susan in quite a while. I hope things are okay.

Tina
Closed Thread