Old 01-19-2006, 03:40 PM   #1  

Post Thinking about LAWL

Hi, I met with an LAWL center today for a consultation. I have about 80 to 100 lbs to lose, and am newly engaged. It was just the kick in the butt I needed to ask someone for help. I do not want to start my marriage with this body!
My question is- is LAWL worth over $700? That's what I was quoted, and my fiance feels thats a bit much. I agree it's a ton of money, especially as we are both students with minimal income. But I have tried every diet including trying to make programs for myself.....but I cannot stick to it! The main concern I guess is can I stick to LAWL. It seems like a great program and a very comfortable and supportive atmosphere. As does this website.
Perhaps somebody has some words of wisdom, for a very frustrated 23 year bride to be.
Lexvitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 04:11 PM   #2  
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Hi Lex.

That is a question for the ages... I'll tell you my true feelings about LAWL. The plan works, but it is not easy. It is the first structured weight loss program I have ever tried, and one of the main reasons I signed on the dotted line is that I kept hearing the thin people in the commercials say "If I can do it, anyone can do it."

Is it worth $700? I would say no, not unless you are determined that you are ready to commit to losing weight, and not unless you realize that YOU have to work the program in order for the program to work for you. LAWL is not a fad diet or anything like that, it really is a sensible eating plan that lets you enjoy a good variety of foods, within reason. But it does require will power, planning, and determination in order to be successful.

Also, though the counselors would like for you to believe that its "all or nothing" with LAWL as far as their plans go, that is not the case. There are less expensive options available to you, such as foregoing the maintenance weeks, and only paying for your weight loss and stabilization weeks. If you have any more specific questions, ask away. You've come to the right place.
Chklithunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 04:11 PM   #3  

I would just say read through the threads to get the best idea of the good and the bad parts of LAWL. Some people have complaints and others love it. It isn’t extremely strict (at least not to me) but you have to follow the plan to do it, it is not like WW were you can substitute what you want and still get a consistent loss. Many of us have done it, so it is up to you.

Also if you were not told about the lites, just want to let you know that they cost extra on top of the weekly fee. How much are they quoting you per week?
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 05:09 PM   #4  

First- good for you to take a step to be more healthy! I too recently joined and need to lose 80 pounds. I joined on January 5 and weighed in yesterday,only 13 days later and have lost 8 pounds. I KNOW how tolose weight. Most of us do, but I just was out of control and heavier than I ever have been. i have tried Weight Watchers in the past, and I have lost weight. But with that plan and counting points you can still eat unhealthy. I still ate almost all carbs, so i never got rid of the cravings. I am a HUGE (no pun intended) carb addict. But, it is getting easier. Since LAWL tells you how many fruits, veggies, protiens, ect to eat each day I have NEVER eaten this healthy my whole life. Plus- I need to be accountable. knowing I am going to be weighed in is so helpful.
I was wondering also if you knew about he cost of the bars. I use them and I like them. I look forward to them every day. they help with my sweet tooth.
Good luck if youdecide to do it!! This site is great for support!
tfoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 05:27 PM   #5  
Katie

Height: 5'1

I love LAWL. It has worked really well for me. I would definitely tell them that you cannot afford$700.00 and see if they can find a lower priced plan. Also, if money is an issue, you may want to decide not to eat the bars. They are quite expensive. I do not eat them, and I have lost just as well without them. Good luck with your decision!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 07:53 PM   #6  

Hello lexvitz

I joined LAWL on 1/8 and am losing weight eating more then I have ever eaten in my life. I think it is so easy, I have no complaints besides that it is expensive. I really like the ladies at the center, but I would not let myself spend that kind of money on those bars. So I went on E-bay, got a great deal for all that I will need and I am doing this....and that is it. Nothing will stop me from being smaller on my cruise with my husband on April 9. What ever is gonna work for you that is what you have to do. No one needs to tell you how great you will feel in that wedding dress 100lbs lighter. Good Luck with that decision and remember to do this for you.

Bernadette
thnknthn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 07:56 PM   #7  

Bernadette, were are you going on your crusie, we are doing the virgin islands in the summer and i plan to be toned and ready for my 2-piece.
Old 01-19-2006, 08:12 PM   #8  

We are going to the Bahamas, Grand Cayman, Caman Islands,and Cozumel and my husbands entire family is to....(35 total) Same boat and everything....

That was it for me, I was so not gonna be the only fat one w/o a bathing suit. So here I am getting rid of my other half .

I am gonna go eat now and I will be back in a bit, If I miss anyone I WI in the am and I will update you all tomorrow. Nite all you East Coasters!

Bernadette
thnknthn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 08:15 PM   #9  
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

Bernadette and Shennie, a friend of mine just got back from a cruise in the Bahamas and that area...she had a blast! I'm so jealous...maybe next year.
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 11:33 PM   #10  

Thanks so much for all of the responses, they're much appreciated!
-Lex
Lexvitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 08:11 PM   #11  

I think we do the cayman islands for one of the days, but I have always wanted to go to the virgin islands, since I watched an episode of just the 10 of us. (growing pains spin-off...anybody elese remember it with the girl from the original freddy kruger as the oldest daughter)

but anyhow, I know we can no affor to actually fly there and stay at a hotel, so a cruise was the best way to do it.
Old 01-20-2006, 08:11 PM   #12  

I think we do the cayman islands for one of the days, but I have always wanted to go to the virgin islands, since I watched an episode of just the 10 of us. (growing pains spin-off...anybody elese remember it with the girl from the original freddy kruger as the oldest daughter)

but anyhow, I know we can no affor to actually fly there and stay at a hotel, so a cruise was the best way to do it.
Old 01-20-2006, 08:12 PM   #13  

Old 01-20-2006, 08:12 PM   #14  

Old 01-20-2006, 08:53 PM   #15  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

Quote:
Originally Posted by shennie_97

The Caymans are gorgeous, pricey though. Im not a big fan of the US Virgin Islands, the people in the touristy areas are poor and really will nag you to death about money and they think all Americans are loaded. The British Virgin islands are nothing short of PURE PARADISE, both geographically and culturally...the people there are the nicest, warm people, it really makes the place- I HIGHLY recommend the BVI to ANYONE thinking of the Carribean!
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote