Old 01-18-2006, 09:49 PM   #1  

Smile emerald dragonfly's posse.........Part 2

Here you gals go....If anyone can think up a group name ,let me know. My daughter just told me we were all nuts! LOL! I told her, "hey, not a bad idea, "MIXED NUTS"! LOL!!

emerald dragonfly
emerald dragonfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 10:18 PM   #2  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

Hey mixed nuts work for me. lol I just watched the biggest loser. Wow they looked awsome. But I have a question do they like lift weights everyday? Just wondering. Seeing them and their weight lose makes it look so darn easy. I just want to lose about 30 pounds. They just make it look easy. I have a bowflex here at home and 2 gazelles and a cardio cruiser also. I guess I need to just get off my bum!!! I can do it I know I can. Just have to think we are all worth it!!! Ok done venting. lol

Anske
anske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 11:07 PM   #3  
dgpebbles

I like mixed nuts....lol..my daughter has said the same thing to me...she as hear me laughing out load and comes to see whats so funny..I read her the post and she says we are all nuts...

anske- yu've come a long way ..Yes you can do it...so get off that bum and exercise.lol...anyway from what I've seen of the show I take it as they work their butts off every day with cardio and weight
dgpebbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 11:18 PM   #4  
WileyB

Hey, I like mixed nuts! Can I be a pecan? Just kidding, well, I weighed in today, not much to report, but that's ok, I'll just keep plugging away anyway. Hope you all are doing great and are keeping up on all of these challenges! Got to go to bed, thought in-laws were coming so I cleaned like a mad woman, then found out their not...so I'm a little worn out. Have a great day!
WileyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 12:06 AM   #5  

HI!

Emerald!! I am glad I am not the only clumsy one. Last year I ran out my front door in the rain slipped and went down a few steps breaking my leg in several places. It was a bad break and I refused surgery so I had a cast on from December until March and had to tell the story of how I tripped myself about 1 million times....sigh!!

Kristy, Thanks for sharing your pictures. Wow! You are really beautiful and such a cute couple. Congratulations! My hubby and I just celebrated our 8th wedding anniversary and are still best friends!

Catherine
ICANCHANGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 12:53 AM   #6  
Fig

Hi Sweeties.... I'm having lots of trouble sleeping again. Arrgghhh! I get to fill my Rx for my sleeping med. today, thank goodness, so that should bring relief. (today being Thursday since it's now tomorrow, riight?)

Mixed Nuts!!!! Now I'm hungry! Now I'm craving peanuts, cashews........

I live in a small 1 bedroom apartment, no room for any exercise equiptment. I do have a set of weights (dumbells) I'll just rely on walking, stretching, situps, dancing......

Cat, didn't you say that you're a vegetarian? How strict are you? I'm working towards becoming vegan, but it's hard. I've given up dairy products, eggs are next. I like Amy's products. The Shepard's Pie is yummy (and only 160 calories) and the Veggie Loaf dinner is also very good.

I hope you all are still chugging your water and having your fruits and veggies. Here's a tip: drinking V-8 juice is a good way to get a bunch of vegetables and a nice snack, too. I have a 6oz. can when I need a pick-me-up. (only 35 calories).

See you later.

Marion
Fig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 01:10 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 319/307/145

Height: 5'8"

'Ello ladies!
I'm all for "Mixed Nuts" - that's cute! And I agree, we are all a
bit nutty! Mmmmmmmm... cashews!

Thanks for making a new thread Gloria - we are a gabby bunch,
aren't we? Now we can start the gabbing off from scratch!

Thank you so much Catherine! You are too kind! Seriously now,
you guys are making me blush!

Okay I can't post for long, I have to get up early tomorrow -
you guys have a great dieting day tomorrow!! Hugs for all!!
Softykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 06:51 AM   #8  

Mixed Nuts? Sounds like its a perfect fit! I think its gonna stick...

Hey Anske....I just bought the biggest loser book the other day at Waldenbooks. Its a GREAT buy for only 15 bucks. Dan and I are starting our own biggest loser challenge...we are both very competitive so there may actually be some blood shed here. lol. From what I have read so far, they DONT lift everyday but lemme check on that and I will give you the low down on that. There is a pretty big recipe section, sample food days, exercise plans and tons of other things. I have decided that every day, I will leave you all with one dieting tip from the contestants. Its a neat little section where they give tips on what worked for them.

Just to keep you all updated, my friend had a little baby girl and named her McKenzie. She weighed 8.5 pounds and from what I hear (I havent seen her yet because I was working) shes a beauty. I'm so excited for her....she had a rough pregnancy. She wanted to go natural but ended up with an epidural and it was smooth sailing from there. Ohhhh I love newborns! I'm counting down the hours till I get to go visit!

Alright anyhow, heres my biggest loser tip for you guys!

"If your prone to emotional overeating, identify what is happening psychologically, deal with that situation, verbalize your feelings, and address that issue rather than turn to food." ~Jillian Michaels

That ones pretty obvious, but use that as a reminder to ask yourself if you are truely hungry before you choose to eat. I usually drink something before I have a meal or snack. Most times, your body confuses thirst with hunger. And then I know if I am emotional eating or was just thirsty....if I am still physically hungry, I choose to eat food.

Hope all is well today with everyone, keep up the great work!!!!
candoitby06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 11:23 AM   #9  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

Hello to the Mixed nuts!

Hey I like the name it is kinda cute. Well I am excited to say I walked 4miles today!!! And not in pain so far today. 2 of the miles I walked were with 5 pound weights. I need to set my mind to the Bowflex that we have in opur bedroom. I so wish I had someone to excerise with. But watching last nights BL made me excited again to get going again!!! Ok Ladies have a great day!

Anske
anske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 04:52 PM   #10  

Okay, "Mixed Nuts" it is. If I chose to be a nut, it might as well be the peanut....it's the smallest one!!! LOL!!
I watched the second part to "The Biggest Loser" last night and YES...don't they make it look easy??? I went to the department store the other day to buy 1lb hand weights...they were out! Went today, they're still out. WHAT??? All of a sudden everyone's on a "handweight" craze??? LOL! I guess I'll have to wait it out until Saturday...their next shipment.

Oh anske...get your butt in gear girl!!!! *pointing and shaking finger at you* You got all that equipment and it's just sitting there collecting dust. Move it girl...I mean it!!!!
Next week, I am buying a treadmill. Anyone have a good brand name I can go check out??? Don't want to go over $350.00. There's a few in my town for $299.00 but it has short walking tread..I like the longer ones. Plus I like to jog and need the extra length just in case I slow down. Please let me know.

Oh, my daughter last night says I should go on "The Biggest Loser." I told her I wasn't "FAT" enough. LOL! Seriously...I need to get down to 150...that's about 33lbs. Then I want to get down to 130..that's around 55lbs.??? I think that want obese people.. Am I being predijuce???? Fat is fat...which I am. But when you see every single person who has been on there, they are big boys & girls. I don't think they would take me. But guess what I did anyway????? I signed up for the show. I doubt if they contact me. Will let you guys know what comes of this. I hope they choose me. That way I can lose my weight quicker and have a free trainer and a chance to go to California for 2 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

I better get off and go into town....my kids ate all the fruit in the house...AGAIN!!!!!! I want a banana!!!!

Okay girls, stay motivated, inspirated and keep MOVING!!!!!!!

emerald dragonfly
emerald dragonfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 06:48 PM   #11  

Love the Biggest Loser... And I have the book also... a lot of motivating stuff in there AND they describe the diet.... it is like the food guide pyramid except for the fruits and veggies are on the bottom (where the grains used to be)... I will try to scan it and put it on the website.... They probably have it somewhere on their site....

Trying to get hubby on the bandwagon tonight and I gave in... I let him choose the veggie tonight and he picked CORN... I tried for the green beans, but it was a no go...

Hey anske... I am coming over to share some of that weight equipment....lol I'd love to try the gazelle... of course, I'd probably fall off but....lol Get moving girl...

I am trying to get everyone updated... I am a little behind, we started a new semester and I had to prepare finals for the first time, etc... Just a little stressed BUT the good thing is I don't have those FELONS in my class anymore... GOOD RIDDENS!!!

More later
Deanna7272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 12:05 AM   #12  

A warning about exercise equipment for all of you that have little kids. It is really dangerous. I know everyone knows that but sometimes a reminder is good. My sister was walking on her treadmill and her son came running over. She tried to turn it off but it didn't stop quickly enough and he put his hand on the belt. It almost ripped off his fingers and he had to have them surgically reattached. The doctor's said it is one of the most common accidents they see.

Marion, I am a veggie! I drink milk and have an occasional egg. That's it. I haven't eaten anything with a face since I was a little kid. I have no cravings for it at all. I like Amy's too. I just had the tortellini bowl for lunch today and it was really yummy. Actually, I am using Amy's alot right now for portion control. I just add some veggies or salad and my meal is ready. Do you use tofu much. I love it.

Morgan...What exactly is the Biggest Loser Challenge? I know what Biggest Loser is but just curious how the Challenge works? I have to look back. Are you using the video? How do you like it? I love newborns too! How cute.

Anske, Good for you! 4 Miles is awesome. Keep it up!

Cat
ICANCHANGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 12:06 PM   #13  
dgpebbles

morining to all you mixed nuts

well today is weigh-in day and I'm glad to say that I've lost 2.5 lbs since last friday ...That puts me at 184.5...I guess all the fruits and veggies are helping..

How is everyone else doing of keeping up with past 2 weeks chalenges along with this weeks...I'm still doing the past but find this weeks really hard ...I stand up and walk all day at work...I never sit down and I only got in somewhere around 5100 steps yesterday...I keep looking at it throughout the day and it reset somehow twice...tht=ats why I don't know exact number..was just trying to add where I know its was at last time I looked..

Good luck today with weigh-ins..I hope you all dropped a few spare nuts. .lol
dgpebbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 01:40 PM   #14  

Well, today was my weigh in day....and I dropped 3 spare nuts You crack me up dgpebbles!!!

Cat, thats scary! I dont know what I would do! That would freak me out, I am sure your sister was quite the basket case! Thanks for that information, I never would have thought about that. lol, when I was in highschool, I thought (as did my friends) that it would be fun to get on the treadmill with one of my little brothers ride on toys. We thought it would be like driving lol. So I got on it with the little ride on toy, and it went to fast and the little 3 wheeler went flying backwards as did I. I forgot the treadmill was moving and I put my hand on it to get myself back up and of course my arm went flying backwards and I got some pretty nasty treadmill burns on my chin from it thumping along for a bit. lol my friends were hysterically laughing and didnt think to pull the cord. We have it all on video tape. I wonder if I could have won a chunk of money by sending it in to Americas Funniest Videos. lol. The stupid things you do when you get a bunch of highschool girls together. Oy Vey.

Alright, heres my quote of the day :

"Each day is a new day. It doesnt matter how hard you worked yesterday or how hard you didnt work yesterday, you have to pick it back up and keep going." ~Matt Hover

Keep on trucking gals, your doing awesome!!!
candoitby06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 01:59 PM   #15  
WileyB

Yea to Morgan and Donna! Way to go girls!

I'm glad for the info about the treadmill Cat, I didn't know that. What a horrible way to find out just how dangerous they can be. I'm halfway scared of them myself..I look like a 100 year old grandma trying to get on one of the darn things, but I also hate getting on escalators - it takes me a while to "time" it before I take that step...I don't get out much...Well, I'm going back home this weekend and have got to try and get away from the table as fast as possible. My mominlaw is a wonderful cook, she uses all the fattening stuff that makes food really good, so I will really have to be on top of portion control while I am there.

Hope that you all have a great weekend!
WileyB is offline   Reply With Quote