Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2001, 01:46 PM   #1  

Question May I Join?

Hey, TG members! I am having some trouble finding the right group, because I don't match the usual profile.

My name is Nadine. I am 1.65 meters and weigh about 46-47 kilos. (Most of the height/weight charts would have me weigh 56 kilo!) I am a former jock--when in training, my ideal weight was 44-44.5 kilos, and I felt great.

Of course, that was a long time ago. Age, sloth, etc., has had me put on a few kilo, but more to the point, I lost a lot of muscle and replaced it with fat and more fat. That means going up 1-2 sizes and feeling bloated and blah.

I know what I need to do (be more careful about eating junk and be more consistent with working out, etc.) but I need some motivation to help me along.

When us slim folk "spread," we find it just as difficult to lose the fat as anyone else.

May I join your group?
Old 09-17-2001, 09:52 PM   #2  
Taking It A Day At A Time

Default Of course you may join our group!

Hi Nadine,
Everyone is welcome in our group and you would be a most welcome addition. Just go to the latest Thin Group thread,, which is probally # 62 I think now and post away.

Let us know about yourself, your family, and where you are from and it sounds like you are from another country with the kilo's and meter's weight. We have a wonderful group of ladies from all walks of life and of different ages, ect who will provide you with so much encouragement, inspiration and motivation. We also try to have alot of fun too. So come on over, what are you waiting for? Post away!
We will be anxiously waiting to meet you.

Sassy Sharon
Old 09-18-2001, 07:47 AM   #3  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

Yes, by all means Nadine please come over to #62 and join our happy close group. You will be welcomed with open arms! I, like Sharon, would love to know where you are from and more about yourself. Looking forward to more postings from you! See you soon!

CJ
Old 09-19-2001, 02:21 PM   #4  

Talking Thank you!

CJ and Sharon,

Thanks for inviting me to join your group! Sounds like it is very diverse.

CJ wanted to know more about me. Well, I live in Israel (that explains the metric measurements!) but I studied for a while in the US so I can read and write English pretty well. I have a totally sedentary desk job but have always been active on the side. Used to train pretty seriously. Now I am in my 40s and not as strong and tight as I used to be.

As someone with a background in fitness (trained at one of the top sports academies here), I know exactly HOW to lose those few kilos of fat and put back on a solid kilo of muscle, but I lack the support and motivation.

We are full into our major holiday season, which means tons of cooking and richer food than we normally eat. Also all the normal family stress that goes along with it. It will be weeks before life is back to a normal schedule!

Again, thanks for letting me join this group. I look forward to getting to know you.

--Nadine
Old 10-11-2001, 08:18 PM   #5  
Taking It A Day At A Time

Default Come on over Nadine!

Hi Nadine,
Thanks so much for letting us know more about yourself. We are currently posting on The Thin Group # 63 and may be on #64 before long. But please come on over and post with us there too.

Like CJ and I have said you will be welcome with open arms by all and will have so much support by all. Just go there and start posting. See you there!

Sassy Sharon
Old 10-16-2001, 03:44 PM   #6  

Hi Nadine,
I'm 41 so I'm not much older than you. I only have 32 lbs to loose at least at last count. I just want to get back to my old self which I haven't seen in 6 years due to having a baby at 35. Just didn't snap back like the last two!!

Hope to see you back soon!!!
Closed Thread