Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-18-2006, 05:53 AM   #1  

Default quick Recipes?

Ok so I've explained in one post my family isn't very supportive of me losing weight or doing anything for that matter! I'm 17 and I've just decided if I'm gonna lose weight I'll need to be in control of my food! So I need some really quick recipes that are healthy and won't pile on the weight. I have looked for som but I just have no idea what I'm looking for so any advice or even better actual recipes that are quick to make and can keep for awhile would be appreciated!! I dn't have much time to cook or prepare meals so it's really hard for me please help
ashory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 06:02 AM   #2  

There is a dedicated food section of 3FC

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17

Alternachicks has a great easy to use food section

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=120

the weight watchers section also has recipes

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3

You'll find lots there to help you, and try posting over in the recipe section too.

To be able to suggest recipes it would be helpful to know what sort of plan you are on and what sort of things you like to eat!!!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 06:09 AM   #3  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

You can try easily making a salad, if you get some bagged mixed salad leaves and then add grapes, carrots, chicken, turkey bacon, advocado, pine nuts, tomatoes, cucumber... etc!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 12:33 PM   #4  

I have a page of some of the quick recipes I use at my website at http://webpages.charter.net/lenny13/Dietrecipes.html. I have I think one actual recipe, others are more like tips for throwing together very quick, low cal meals. Hope it helps.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 07:21 PM   #5  

Lean Cuizine !!! (or any other kind of low cal/fat frz. dinners) If you have a job and can buy your own food, these are great. It portion control, calorie control, and variety in like 5 minutes. Make a salad from those already prepared greens in a bag, and your ready to go !! I keep like 10 in my freezer at all times. I will warn you though, some of them suck, but others are really great, you just have to try some and find out. I like the Chicken and broccoli alfredo. And also the heathy choice blackend chicken with potatoes. Yummy, good luck !!
lindystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 09:05 PM   #6  

Good for you for getting started! I'm just not one of those people who likes to cook dinner (or anything, for that matter, unless it's brownies! )so I eat lots of healthy, ready made meals. Special K is great for breakfast (I throw a couple handfuls of All-Bran on top) and for lunch, I eat a cup of soup (Safeway makes surprisingly good ones called "Enlighten." My favorites are the lentil couscous and the black bean; they're delicious, low in fat and calories and really high in fiber and protein. For dinner, I usually make myself a half-baguette sandwich with Laughing Cow lite cheese and butter (I know it sounds weird but I used to live in France and my doctor over there said butter on sandwiches is okay!)

Also, you could try having a SlimFast shake for a quick meal. I'm not sure these are a great sole source of nutrition but every now and then they make a nice change.

Good luck! We're all hear for you!

Ann
annk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 09:40 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 249.4/210.0/140

My stand by when I am really short on time is a chicken breast cooked with Mrs Dash. It comes in about 8 different flavors and they are all wonderful. McCormick also makes a salt-free dill seasoning that is wonderful.

I made a quick recipe tonight that you might want to try.

Bruschetta Chicken
1 chicken breast
1 sm tomato, pureed
1 T. italian seasoning
1 T. minced garlic
Blend tomato, seasoning and garlic. Using a piece of aluminum foil, make a packet putting chicken in the middle. Spoon tomato mixture over chicken. Bake for 20-30 minutes at 325 F or until juices run clear.

It went together really quick and my husband LOVED it.

Good luck! And good for you for wanting to get a control over your eating at such a young age! I wish I had...

Sara
Scrappy Chick is offline   Reply With Quote