Old 01-16-2006, 08:53 AM   #1  

Default Please Help

Good morning,
I am struggling with the program since Thanksgiving. I will follow it a few days, then off the wagon I go. Does anyone have any suggestions? I crave sweets really bad. Did you all use the supplements when in weight loss? Did that help with the cravings? I talked to someone, and she said she went through her frig and pantry and got rid of everything that was not on plan, then she wasn't tempted. Did you all do that? Please give me some ideas and support to get back on plan, I am going to LA tomorrow night. Did everyone go 3 times a week? I know this seems like alot of questions, but I really need help.
bkstitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 09:01 AM   #2  
PurpleSunshine

Well, I was struggling for several months before starting LAWL - just craving sweets and sugars. I think for me - it was just deciding to buckle down and be serious. I wanted the smaller clothes, I wanted to feel good. After I did the 2 day TO - I didn't even want sweets - yes, I do have small cravings, but try to satisfy them with something OP - look through the recipe post to get some good dessert ideas - you can do it - you just have to be ready. If it takes getting all the packaged food out of your house - do that. Create yourself an environment where cheating is impossible - stock your fridge with fruits and veggies and things that are OP.....that is really the only advice I have. I struggled for months, just not ready to be totally devoted, but now I am and the success I have each week - each day keeps me motivated!!!! Good luck to you and stick around here - it will help - these ladies are wonderful!!
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 10:15 AM   #3  
Katie

Height: 5'1

The more you stay away from sweets, the less you will crave them. I do take the supplements, but I bought them all at Wal Mart, since they are so much cheaper. Since you are struggling so much, I would suggest going to your center 3 times a week if possible for all of the supprt you can get. You can do this, we all are, and we do not have any more willpower than you, we just support each other, and stay away from the no no's. Good luck!!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 11:43 AM   #4  
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

Katie, which supplements are you taking?
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 12:38 PM   #5  
Katie

Calcium, multi vitamin, and an EFA Blend.
Old 01-16-2006, 12:47 PM   #6  
My 3 grandkids & myself

S/C/G: 228.4/191/145

I have struggled with my weight for almost all my life and always gave up on what ever plan I was on. I know I'm more determined this time around. I will be 50 this year and I'm stick of taking blood pressure meds due to being over weight, wearing large clothes and eating bad. I've only been on the program since the beginning of Jan and I don't have the cravings for sweets like I used to. If I want something sweet I eat a lite or I make some thing from the cookbook, if I have the starch, fruit etc left. Sometimes I will plan for a desert so I cross off what I will use in my log, so I know I can't have an extra starch. Today I want to make the bread pudding, so I know I have to cross off a starch and a 1/2 a protein. I did not take clean out my pantry on fridge I cleaned out my mind to prepare myself for the good changes I new I wanted to happen. I do go to the center three times a week it helps me talking with them. I'm sure in time when I'm been on the program a lot longer I won't need to go that often. I know all of us have hard days and some times fall off the program, but it's getting right back on and being determined to make the program work. We all paid a lot for this program and we might as put it to work and see how well we can do. I wish you luck and know we are all here for you.
Gamababa3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 08:18 AM   #7  
LAWL Center Manager

Hi There!

I agree with some of the others about the cravings. The more you want to reach your goal and the more you stay away, the weaker the cravings become. Also, doing Take Off and LA Express tend to deaden the cravings for sweets, because they cleanse your body of toxins. Also, I take Tri-Max, which deadens the cravings as well.

Essentially, it all comes down to you and how bad you want to reach your goal. Remember, NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS THIN FEELS!!!
JoyUvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 08:48 AM   #8  

Thanks for the support. What is LA Express? I do take off which I am starting Wednesday. I went home last night and got rid of everything in the house that is not on my plan. Also do you think tri-max really helps? What about the other supplements. Right now I am getting in control and set up to do this. I know I can.
Old 01-17-2006, 02:15 PM   #9  

I pretty much have the same things to say lol.....stock up your food and plan ahead! Don't eat sugar or processed foods...you won't crave them...three weigh ins a week does it for me...keeps me honest!
Gymgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 02:22 PM   #10  

I think LA express is the same as Take Off (they reformulated the juice in the past few months and it's now called Express.) I think.

Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 04:12 PM   #11  

I am going to LA tonight. I hope I haven't gained much weight. I am going to try to do my fun chart tomorrow when I find out the results tonight. I will post first thing in the morning. Do you all think I should take the supplements? They really cost alot, and if I thought they would really help I would spend the extra money.
Old 01-17-2006, 04:29 PM   #12  
Katie

I don't know. I am taking them so see if they do help.
Old 01-18-2006, 08:18 AM   #13  
LAWL Center Manager

Default LA Express vs. Take Off

LA Express is the juice procedure you use at the very beginning of the program - Take-Off Juice plus unlimited protein and fresh green salad vegetables.

Take-Off is the program you may use up to every 2 weeks to help boost weight loss. It includes the Take-Off Juice, 6 ozs of meat, 2 vegetables and 2 LA Lites for the entire day.

LA Express is designed to build your metabolism and get rid of toxins and water weight. You may repeat this if you've been OFF PLAN two or more weeks.

Take-Off is designed to cleanse your body and help it burn excess "built up" calories which may cause a plateau.

Both use the same juice, though. I hope this clears things up!
JoyUvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 08:24 AM   #14  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyUvette
LA Express is the juice procedure you use at the very beginning of the program - Take-Off Juice plus unlimited protein and fresh green salad vegetables.

Take-Off is the program you may use up to every 2 weeks to help boost weight loss. It includes the Take-Off Juice, 6 ozs of meat, 2 vegetables and 2 LA Lites for the entire day.

LA Express is designed to build your metabolism and get rid of toxins and water weight. You may repeat this if you've been OFF PLAN two or more weeks.

Take-Off is designed to cleanse your body and help it burn excess "built up" calories which may cause a plateau.

Both use the same juice, though. I hope this clears things up!
Id be interested what your opinion is on doint too much Take Off...I was doing it for the last half of my program every two weeks and felt like I shouldnt HAVE TO do this in order to lose. Now I am sitting at the same weight and even up today and am tempted to bust out my bottle of juice and go for it...its been three weeks for me. Dont youthink its a bad thing to do TO too often?
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote