Old 01-17-2006, 01:28 AM   #1  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Default I got a treadmill *insert scary music*

I've been thinking about it for awhile. I had a gym membership years ago and it was fun but when I'm not in the mood to work out, I can think of every reason to not get in my car and go.

I lost my biggest amount January 2003 (that was 3 years ago!) and it was when I was walking everyday (JacobsMommy do you remember that? It was so long ago!). I lost 15 pounds in one month!

With school, it's easy to pick relaxing, the cute boyfriend and being at home over staying late at the school gym. I think a treadmill gives me the freedom to squeeze in an hour on the treadmill because it really *is* an hour and not much more since there is no travel time, no gearing up (ummm, read that as finding clean workout clothes in case I run into someone I know), no frivlous stuff. I can jump on, jump off, hit the showers, whatever.

Well, it comes in 3 weeks. Anyone who knows about Southern California houses knows there is no "extra" room. So, we've converted a small space in the office. I literally can't be on my computer and on my treadmill because they occupy the same space! As an added bonus, the cute boyfriend is buying a small tv and having our satellite service added to the office so I can watch tv at the same time (bonus!).

If anyone is interested in the treadmill I bought, it's the Ironman Inspire Folding Treadmill. It was between this and the Epic at Costco but this came with delivery and it's 268 pounds up my stairs that I'd gladly pay more for someone else to do. Here's the link:

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...CatHome&pos=13

If anyone else has a treadmill or some advice, please let me know!
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 02:42 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Jessica - I'm jealous! Enjoy that treadmill for me too

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 02:59 AM   #3  
Opulent

Congrats!

I guess this only further lessens the chance of us actually meeting and working out together some time...I mean, you don't even need to leave the house now!

Let me know if you ever are open to making a local friend My plus-size yoga class that I teach is in North Park on Saturdays
Yogini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 03:17 AM   #4  

hiya,
iv got a treadmill, its great no excuse for not working out ie..bad hair day dont wanna leave house...yucky weather dont wanna go out in the rain...cant go to gym dont have a sitter etc etc. also u can do an hour on it in front of watching one of ur fave shows on tv without even noticing the time, quick sprint to kitchen to refill water bottle during ad breaks.
well thats how it should be...in reality its sittin in corner of my living room collecting dust most days while i come up with new excuses, now dont get me wrong i do use it and its great i just hate any form of excercise and really dont use it as much as i should.
have fun on ur new one XX
AndrewsMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 06:45 AM   #5  

I bought a treadmill about 2 years ago as I birthday gift to myself. I actually bought it direct from the manuafacturer, Proform, so I got a really good deal on it. I love it. I only go to the gym for the classes now. If I don't go to the gym then I have my trusty treadmill. I love that luxury. I just recently starting using it again. I started out slow and have worked my way up to 1 hour but at a very low speed. My goal is to do intervals. Walk one song, run one. I would like to start using some of the programs on there also, but one day at a time. Exercising during a great show really helps me out. Like last night I did an hour while watching the National Body Challenge. If tv does not interest me I have to get a great cd. That way I am not a time watcher.
72butterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 09:13 AM   #6  
Sick of Fat

S/C/G: 240/183/150

I'm looking at buying a treadmill soon so I'm jealous of you!!!! I hope you enjoy it.. it looks like a really nice one!!
sabriena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 10:34 AM   #7  
Yee Haw!

S/C/G: 278/220/130

Height: 5'4"

I would love to have one but honestly, I do not have any room for it whatsoever. So I will stick to walking around the neighborhood.
Kamily828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 11:07 AM   #8  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

2003..yes, we have been here a long time missy!!!

That looks like a GREAT treadmill. And the TV should make it lots easier to use!!!!

Good Luck! Be sure to tell us when it comes!!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 01:17 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

That is great. I wish we had the room for one of these.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 02:07 PM   #10  
for me, for them

S/C/G: 345/ticker

Height: 5'10"

I want one too. No room though, neighborhood walks for me.
ScarlettDrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 02:29 PM   #11  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

I've got a Horizon 3.1T
It's a pretty nice one..But I'm just SOOO bad for using ANY excuse not to use it.
I swore to myself and everyone else when we got it that I'd use it, and guess what..I do, but hardly ever.
So stupid.

I hope you love yours!!!!
Mine is giving me a dirty look right now

xoxo
Love ya!
Linda
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 03:42 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 256/???/150

That one looks nice! I have my in-laws treadmill and have been trying to use it daily for a few weeks now.I'm up to a half hour,which is a bit over a mile and a half for me.I love it...and will watch a show(usually it's The View)while on it.
zoritsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 08:46 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 312/174/150

I have a treadmill. I invested in a commercial quality model and have been extremely happy with it. I have had the cheapo proforms from Sears in the past, and had so many problems with the machine, it was a wasted purchase. Here's the one I have now...

http://www.landice.com/Pages/modelspage.html

We have it set up with a TV and that so makes it nice to have an option to watch something as you workout. Although many times I prefer music when I am jogging or doing incline intervals.

Just the fact you can throw on a sports bra and some shorts and get in a workout in the privacy of your home makes the treadmill so worth it. And there is no excuse not to exercise with it! I did belong to a gym before I purchased mine. I think it helped me make the decision as to which one to purchase and gave me an idea of if I would really use it. Treadmills can be expensive clothes hangers!!
Burgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 03:26 PM   #14  
Downsizing Dee!

That's great news GJ. Hubby bought one for me 4 years ago and I've used it on and off ever since. But the last 6 months I've gone crazy on it. I think that I'll actually have to have the track replaced soon. Keep us posted!

~Dee
newfiedarling is offline   Reply With Quote