Old 01-13-2006, 05:47 PM   #1  
Katy

Question Which is better... Luna Bars or Pria Bars

I was just wondering which bar people like the best. I just tried my first Pria bar this morning and it was really good. (Better than the LA Lite Bar) I haven't tried the Luna Bar, but it seems that everyone likes them.

Just wanted to know what other people think....
katysickler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 10:02 PM   #2  

I don't like the Luna bars but really like the Prias - they give me gas though
slimmerKim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 07:52 AM   #3  
PurpleSunshine

I love several of the Luna flavors, but I bought some Pria's this weekend - kind of something to switch the taste buds a little - I haven't tried them yet, although they did have some different flavors compared to Luna - so maybe mix and match them if you like both - gives you more variety
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 04:18 PM   #4  

If you like both, use both! You can get more variety that way!
mnpeach00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 08:38 AM   #5  

i like them both.....much better then the La lites.....they taste to proteiny lol
Gymgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 03:46 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Actually, if you are using them strictly to replace and LA Lite bar, I recommend using the Luna bars, even if you prefer the 110 calorie Prias. Pria bars are too low in calories, and also in some of the other nutrients and protein than Lites or Lunas...so you are missing out on those if you are eating two Prias, as well as going about 140 calories under what you should be eating per day.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 03:55 PM   #7  

I actually use the Mytoplex Lite (make sure you use the light ones) available at GNC. They have twice the protein of the lites or pria bars, 190 cals - and same amount of fat and carbs as the others. More protein is always a good thing.
skinni_minni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 05:36 PM   #8  

Default Which is better Luna or Pria?

I took the nutrition panel to the store to compare and the Luna bar is closest to the LA bar. It does have more sodium so if that is a concern you might want to try another bar. Pure Protein makes a number of bars with 20g of protein that match up pretty close. The use sugar alcohols which may cause gas, but the taste is good and because of the high protein they are very satisfying.
MtJulietdieter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 11:52 PM   #9  

So far I've tried the Pria Complete Nutrition, the Lunas, and an *All in One* by Dexatrim. The last was the most expensive and tasted absolutely horrible! The Lunas I considered only OK. Truthfully, I find that the Lunas taste a little bit like what I imagine dog food to taste like and it leaves a rotten taste lingering in my mouth. I like the Prias though. I like the LA Lites the best, but they cost the most too. Boo!!!

BTW, someone mentioned the protien bars that have about 19-20 g protien. Isn't that too much for the plan? Aren't they only expecting you to get 10-12 protiens from their bars?
HomeschoolinMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 07:35 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Maybe now most here are already using the Pria Complete, but since there are three kinds-everyone needs to be specific. The thread only said "Pria" and the originals are what it looked like you were all discussing.

Newbies can come here and read-and think that the 110 calorie original Pria bars are an okay substitute. When discussing subs for the plan, specifics should be used-because when you go into the store-there are regular Prias, Low carb Prias, and Pria Completes-very easy for someone to grab and sub the wrong item.

There are Kashi Go Lean bars, and there are also Kashi Go Lean Crunch! bars-with different nutrition and calories...Powerbars have a few different formulas as well, as do many brands. Just be specific when you talk substitutes, if the brand has different forumulations. This information will really help new people coming to this forum.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 08:32 AM   #11  

I use the complete Prias and love them
Gymgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 10:26 AM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphil
Maybe now most here are already using the Pria Complete, but since there are three kinds-everyone needs to be specific. The thread only said "Pria" and the originals are what it looked like you were all discussing.

Newbies can come here and read-and think that the 110 calorie original Pria bars are an okay substitute. When discussing subs for the plan, specifics should be used-because when you go into the store-there are regular Prias, Low carb Prias, and Pria Completes-very easy for someone to grab and sub the wrong item.

There are Kashi Go Lean bars, and there are also Kashi Go Lean Crunch! bars-with different nutrition and calories...Powerbars have a few different formulas as well, as do many brands. Just be specific when you talk substitutes, if the brand has different forumulations. This information will really help new people coming to this forum.
thanks aphil
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 02:28 PM   #13  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Wow, that is such a good price. Too bad I can't tolerate them. I have really been wishing lately that I could. Sweet tooth has been getting me!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 02:29 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by marbear
Speaking of which, I just bought 82 lunas off ebay for $25 (shipping and all). I have winning bids on 2 other lots. SOmebody go outbid me so I don't have 200 lunas!!!!!!!!!

Mary
Mary, I've done that lately looking for in-between size clothing. I end up with 2 or 3 extra items becaus I didn't want to not get any....good luck.

Or you can do what a e-bayer did to me the other week. E-mail me you can't pay and then leave me negative feedback "by mistake" she says that I didn't send her an invoice for what she said she couldn't afford.
how long do you have left on the other bids?
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 03:05 PM   #15  
PurpleSunshine

Wow - that is a great price on lunas - I looked for them on ebay too - but found most were out of date - does that usually matter? do they taste stale at all or are you getting ones that are still in date?
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote