Old 01-16-2006, 01:02 PM   #1  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Default Weekly Journal Buddy Thread (Jan. 16-22)

So, I haven't been here NEARLY as regularly as I used to, and I still use Fitday, but I need to become more accountable, so I am back! Over the weekend, I know I was high on calories, but I made some AWESOME choices at restaurants (grilled tuna pita, grilled chicken w/broccoli), so I consider it a success

I think I also need to set/re-establish my goals, so here is my official proclamation (makes it sound all formal, huh? ):
  • 9+ 8-oz servings of water a day
  • at least 2 servings of veggies each day
  • 2000 calories or less daily average for the week
  • exercise 3 times a week for at least 20 minutes
On to today:
  • whole-wheat English muffin w/natural peanut butter and banana slices
  • whole-wheat bagel w/natural peanut butter and sugar-free strawberry preserves
  • small can of fruit cocktail
  • reduced-sugar instant oatmeal
  • skinless chicken breast w/honey dijon marinade
  • whole-wheat blend pasta w/spinach, broccoli, and honey dijon sauce
Brings me in around 1700 calories, and if I need another snack, I'll add 1 or 2 sugar-free fudgesicles (40 calories each) for a total of 1780.
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 03:40 PM   #2  
Hanging in the Heartland

S/C/G: 470/220/170

Height: 5"8"

Hi Folks and good to see you here Jill.

I missed most of last week but food is good. I had a mini breadstick binge on Saturday (I think it was 8) but other that that A-OK. Turns out when they fixed my computer they broke it too! So it is in the shop again and I wiil be pretty hit or miss. It's official. I went to the gym last night and weighed in. I lost 1# over the holidays since before thanksgiving and collected my tshirt for making the holiday challenge (to maintain or lose over the holiday season). I am thrilled. Whooppeee!!!!! See you next time I get next to a computer. Denise
activeadventurer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 09:48 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

1/2 c ff cottage cheese (2)
1/2 c blueberries (1)
low gluten mix cereal (6)
salmon (3)
milk (.5)

stuffed peppers (4)
mixed vegetables (0)

orange (1)
5 olives (.5)

fish (5)
sweet potato (2)
salad w/dressing (1)
ww fudge bar (1)

total = 27

Exercise: 22 min. evil elliptical, 23 min. rowing, 30 min. weight lifting, 15 min. stretching
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 03:21 AM   #4  
Black Belt In Training

S/C/G: 289/243/160

Height: 5' 7"

B: oreos (eegads woman! you had oreos for breakfast?!? What were you thinking?!?!?); medium sized turkey and cheese salad (slept in since I was exhausted from working ALL weekend)
Lunch/Dinner: large salad with roast chicken and turkey and cheese; 1 biscuit with honey
S: too many oreos; 1 oatmeal craisin cookie; chocolate/caramel pudding snack cups (2) with light whipped cream; 4 peanutbutter and jelly cracker sandwiches
Beverages: 40 oz water; 10 oz chocolate soymilk; 1 liter sugar free/calorie free lemonade
Exercise: 1 hour Tae Kwon Do

Plan for tomorrow:
Kashi GoLean with soymilk and diced peaches for breakfast
Large Salad with roast chicken for lunch
Small salad; steamed carrots/broccoli/cauliflower mixture; smoked porkchop for dinner
Snacks: 1 apple with fat free fruit dip; ONE pudding snack cup; light tortilla chips with salsa OR microwave popcorn
LOTS of water; 1 can diet soda; calorie free/sugar free lemonade
Exercise: 55 minutes Tae Bo Boot Camp Basics
taekwondomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 05:11 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 351 / 282 / 135

Height: 5'3"

Wow. Yesterday was awful, a return to binge impulses. Documented here so I can make a push for TODAY to be better.

Breakfast: Oatmeal, yogurt, 1 oz cheese
Snack: 1 oz peanuts
Lunch: 3.5 oz tilapia in a Caribbean jerk sauce, 1 cup mango-flavored couscous, and 1-1.5 cups herbed steamed veggies with some very light sauce
Snack: 1 chocolate from a tray of candies. 1 Milky Way bar.
Dinner: Angus hamburger with cheese from BK, and a large fries
Grazing: About a cup of peanuts

Calorie total: 3225
rabidstoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 07:39 AM   #6  
Eating for two!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabidstoat
Wow. Yesterday was awful, a return to binge impulses. Documented here so I can make a push for TODAY to be better.
Me too, me too! I had planned less than 1800 calories for yesterday, but when I got home from work, I ate EVERYTHING that wasn't nailed down in the hour-and-a-half before Jeff got home. It was ridiculous! But at least now, most of that not-nailed-down junk is gone Here's how yesterday ended up:
  • whole-wheat English muffin w/natural peanut butter and banana slices
  • whole-wheat bagel w/natural peanut butter and sugar-free strawberry preserves
  • small can of fruit cocktail
  • bowl of granola cereal (2 servings) w/skim milk
  • leftover baked pasta w/cheese and meat sauce
  • SunChips
  • ready-made chicken stuffed w/broccoli and cheese
  • instant mashed potatoes with a few bacon bits and ff sour cream
Instead of my planned 1780, I blew myself up to about 2650 calories

Today's plan--STAY BUSY in the time between when I get home and when Jeff gets home! I have new jobs to apply for, scrapbooking pages to finish, PS2 games to play, an exercise ball to buy at Target, sidewalks to walk on (if the weather cooperates)...anything!! As for food, here's the PLAN, with my goal being to STICK TO IT:
  • 2 slices whole-wheat toast w/peanut butter and banana slices
  • instant oatmeal
  • peanut butter and jelly sandwich on whole-wheat
  • small can of pineapple chunks
  • skinless chicken breast w/honey dijon marinade
  • whole-wheat blend pasta w/broccoli, spinach, and honey dijon sauce
Should be about 1700 calories (the only thing I don't have in my Fitday is the honey dijon sauce). If I end up with more than 1800 calories when I come back to post tomorrow, someone please slap me
Old 01-17-2006, 07:54 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 260.8/248.8/150

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone!

I'm still struggling on the weekends. But I did manage to get my act together yesterday even though I was home?! So I sometimes wonder if I'm not playing a game w/myself?? I need to come up w/a game plan for this.

Here's my food from yesterday...

2 - coffee
3 - 1/2 ww bagel
2 - cheese
2 - chocolate
3 - luna bar
1 - coffee
1 - 1pt cake
3 - ice cream
2 - cheese
4 - tuna roll
4 - chicken teriaki
27 points (1 over)

Exercise: 57min eliptical - 700 cals, abs
BethC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 11:17 AM   #8  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

I too had a terrible weekend. Yesterday was SUPER low cals because I am having some sort of stomach problems. Here's to losing 5 lbs in 1 day!!

1/16/05
Mint Zone Perfect
5 or 6 saltines
Diet Sierra Mist
6 saltines with Peanut butter
TOTAL - ??

I am still feeling pretty crappy today, but I am going to try and eat something more!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 02:35 PM   #9  
Crazy Canuck

Aw, hope you feel better soon, Sandi!

Well, I'm back from my week away and can report that I wasn't a total , but neither was I a complete

Exercise was rather non-existent because it was so darn cold and windy (-22 on the weekend) that you couldn't walk around much outside without being in actual pain. Forget about skating on the canal, it was like a trek to the antarctic just to get a Tim Hortons coffee from the shop beside the stadium! We didn't have a chance (I swear) to use any gym equipment at the hotel because we were at the rink to watch practices at 7a.m. and got back to the hotel each night after competition around 11p.m. Mind you, sitting in the second row meant long hikes up the stairs to the washrooms and concession stand (for water!) and back down again and we did a fair bit of inside arena walking, but that was mainly to prevent bum cramps from sitting in our seats for hours on end!

I thought I handled the food situation rather well. We made sure to have a good breakfast at the hotel before heading out (my usual choice was whole wheat toast, fruit cup and scrambled egg, with nary a french toast or bacon, sausage and home fries order). I managed to smuggle various foodstuffs past the rink ****s (the banana stuffed down the front pocket of my pants gave rise to a nasty rumour that I'd had a sex change operation) and I could always find somewhere to hide a few grapes and a granola bar or two. As it turned out, the fare at the rink was better than the usual hot dogs, fries, nachos, etc. They offered a thin crust veggie pizza slice, turkey, ham and chicken wraps with lettuce and tomato, and even a salad bowl. I'm proud to say I managed to avoid the deep fried beavertails and settled for a bag of popcorn instead. I did well on the alcohol front, also, limiting myself to two glasses of wine at the farewell dinner and one rum and diet coke earlier in the week. So all in all it went rather well in circumstances that weren't totally in my control.

Hope you all had a good week (I just don't have time to read all the entries)
Jillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 02:47 PM   #10  
Eating for two!

Excellent job, Jillegal! I know you said you weren't perfect, but even being somewhat on-plan is SO difficult when you're away from your normal surroundings.

I, on the other hand, have already messed up my day My co-worker brought me a thank-you "gift" that included a small Whitman's Sampler box of chocolates. Of course, I ate all 4 already, so that's 220 calories I hadn' anticipated! I left out the pineapple I brought, so I should still be able to squeak in under 1800 calories for the day. I better be on my best behavior tonight!
Old 01-17-2006, 06:50 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 351 / 282 / 135

Height: 5'3"

Whew. Today went better. I only managed 22 minutes of exercise but it's been over a week since I last did, and I was just desperate to get something down. I promised myself 20 minutes, surely I could take 20 minutes to exercise, and I did -- and 2 minutes more. Maybe 23 tomorrow. It helps that today wasn't so hectic. Last week was insanely hectic, the weekend was hectic, and yesterday was the first day of normalcy.

Breakfast: McD's fruit and yogurt parfait and a Morningstar breakfast patty
Snack: 1 oz cheese
Lunch: Homemade Kung Pao chicken over a small bit of brown rice (the envy of the office with the smell!)
Snack: 1 apple, and a bowl of banana bread oatmeal
Dinner: Homemade chicken marsala (about 4 oz chicken) and 3/4 cup jasmine rice and 1 cup steamed veggies

Calories: About 1425
Exercise: 22 minutes bike
rabidstoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 12:48 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

to you, Jilly! You did wonderfully well. You told us where you stuffed the banana, but I'm wondering where you put the grapes?

Sandi, hope your tummy troubles are gone soon.

Beth, on Friday, why don't you post your plan for the weekend just to be accountable? Only if you want to, of course.

mini bagel (2)
ham (1)
LCL (1)
luna lemon zest (3)

8 oz lentil-tomato soup (3)
2 slices bread (4)

orange (1)
celery w/LCL (1)
1/2 low gluten mix (3)

chicken (4)
roasted veggies (1)
WW fudge bar (1)

total = 25

Exercise: 35 min. evil elliptical, 30 min. weight training, 25 min. stretching
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 02:25 AM   #13  
Black Belt In Training

S/C/G: 289/243/160

Height: 5' 7"

January 17, 2006
Slept in again so I had lunch for breakfast. DH was a dear and didn't wake me up until right before he had to leave for school.
I am having a really hard time resisting the urge to buy my trigger foods (candy, cookies, donuts, ice cream) after my shift at WallyWorld. I see it all day and by the time I'm done with work I want it all!

B/L: 6 mini corn dogs; 1 1/2 cups broccoli/cauliflower/carrot mixture with ff margarine
D: 3 homemade chicken fajitas on fat free tortillas
S: 1 1/2 serving light tortilla chips with lots of salsa; 3 donuts; 1 butterfinger candy bar
Beverages: 60 oz (and counting) water; 1 liter calorie free lemonade; 1 cup herbal tea
Exercise: 55 minutes Tae Bo Boot Camp Basics; 15 minute stretching program
taekwondomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 08:20 AM   #14  
Eating for two!

Despite the chocolates, I stayed below my 1800 calorie limit yesterday Also, when I was visiting my sister over the weekend, she gave me a little counter-top scale for food (I'd never had one before), so I actually measured my chicken for dinner last night. I had been putting like 300+ calories of chicken in my Fitday, but according the the scale and the label, I usually have less than 150 calories worth of chicken! That means I even over-estimated my calories yesterday and was WELL below 1800 calories

So, here's the plan for today, and assuming I get no more "thank you" chocolates, I WILL stick to it:
  • granola cereal w/skim milk and sliced banana
  • instant oatmeal
  • sandwich (2 slices whole-wheat bread, sliced turkey, Miracle Whip, honey mustard, and a bunch of spinach)
  • pineapple chunks
  • skinless chicken breast w/teriyaki marinade
  • brown rice and veggies (corn, broccoli, and red peppers) w/teriyaki sauce
All together, that brings me to about 1800 calories (1755 per Fitday, but that's not including the teriyaki sauce)
Old 01-18-2006, 03:17 PM   #15  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

I have fallen off the wagon, girls. I am trying to get back on today:

breakfast
decaf fat free soy latte
2 MSF breakfast patties

working on 1 gallon of water

lunch:
tofu/veggie indo coconut curry stir fry from Chin's Asia Fresh. http://www.chins.com --i have enough for both lunch, snack & dinner!!!
strawberry lemonade.
1 fortune cookie

leftover sesame chicken
leftover veggie fried rice
a banana
a small glass of cranberry juice

drank another gallon of water. 2 gallons yesterday, whee!

Last edited by SuchAPrettyFace; 01-19-2006 at 12:09 PM.
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote