Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-16-2006, 07:14 PM   #1  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

Default Why the Binge???

I totally binged yesterday........BIG TIME. I had about 4,000 calories. I don't know whats the matter with me! I just could not stop eating all day long. It wasn't that my body was crying out for food because I was depriving it.....I have been eating an average of 1700 cal a day. And it wasn't that my body was hungry....it was that my MIND was hungry. I wasn't physically hungry at all, I just WANTED food so badly. And now obviously I feel guilty and am trying to regain some control today and get a grip on this whole situation.....
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 07:45 PM   #2  
LLV

Don't beat yourself up, we all go through that. I had a day like that yesterday. Especially with sweets. I don't get a sweet tooth very often, but yesterday I ate cake, cookies, ice cream and pudding. Thankfully the ice cream and the pudding was sugar-free, but still.... I also ate a bunch of other stuff.

I think every now and then we just kind of go nuts with wanting to eat all day long. Lots of us do that. 4000 calories? That's one pound. Trivial compared to the weight you've already lost. And the important thing is that you get back on track. You can get that one pound back off again. So don't be too hard on yourself

Put it behind you and move on!
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 10:54 AM   #3  

The same thing happened to me not long ago - I had just been to the grocery store, my DH was out of town, and I was tired and bored to death to boot. My day started normally enough and gradually my snacking got worse and worse. By the end of the day and when the kids were in bed - disaster!

To be honest, it felt good at first. Not being accountable for what I was eating (nobody was there to see me so it didn't count, right?) and to not be so controlling about what I was putting in my mouth. But the next morning I felt awful. And I don't mean that I felt guilty. The damage was done and there was nothing I could do but get back on track. No, I felt PHYSICALLY ill from all the crap I'd eaten. What is funny is that a "binge" now is still significantly less food that I used to eat just on a regular basis. In a way it was a blessing in disguise. A good reminder of why I don't eat that way everyday anymore and why I don't WANT to! So, lesson learned.
lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 11:12 AM   #4  

That is a gain of what 0.25-05#? Not worth beating yourself up over. Just get back on track and you will make it up in a day or two.
RobertW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 12:02 PM   #5  

Default Me too!

What is going on lately?! I had a bad weekend, too; I had done so well all week and then got bored over the weekend and just gave in. For me it happens when I'm bored and feel I have nothing better to do. Then of course I feel lousy and wish I had just stayed on track! But, as hard as it is, I know I need to get back on track now so hopefully today will be the day I stay on the horse. Keep your chin up, guys!

Ann
annk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 12:04 PM   #6  
iwillmakeit

S/C/G: 205/173/110

Height: 5'4

That was my day too yesterday. I was so good all day, and then binging came at night when I got home from class. I feel awful, but its alright. Time to move on I guess. When I was heavier, all I wanted to eat was something with meat. I never craved of sweets, but it seems to be changing now days. I don't crave for meaty stuff, its always chocolate, or ice cream... etc.
tsots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 04:18 PM   #7  
Paleo-ish Girl

S/C/G: 255.5/174/160

Height: 5'6"

LoL. I guess yesterday was crap day. I had ice cream, then made experimental angel food cake. Hmm...interesting...

The ice cream was ooo so good though. I refuse to beat myself up over having ice cream once a month. Suck it up, and move on! Oh yeah, and don't do it again...
Altari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 05:17 PM   #8  

Last edited by Smilla; 02-17-2012 at 06:15 PM.
Smilla is offline   Reply With Quote