Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-15-2006, 08:51 PM   #1  
Losing for Life!

Default Losing for April Fools! Wk 4, Jan 16,2006

Welcome!

We are a group of determined people who have set a goal to reach within the next 82 days (12 weeks).

Everyone is welcome to join in at anytime during the challenge. All you need to do is set a goal for yourself. It can be weight loss, exercise, or maintenance; whatever it is you need support and motivation for.

We are all here working hard to stay strong and motivated and supporting each other is the best way to do this. Come as often as you can, post as much as you can and make 2006 the year of health and happiness for you!

We will post a new thread each Monday.

It is a documented fact that people who set goals are the most successful. Goals give you long-term vision and short-term motivation. By setting sharp, clearly defined goals, you can measure and take pride in the achievement of those goals. You can see forward progress in what might previously have seemed a long pointless grind. By setting goals, you will also raise your self-confidence, as you recognize your ability and competence in achieving the goals that you have set.
(From Mind tools)

"Set your goals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.” Anonymous
Old 01-15-2006, 08:57 PM   #2  
Losing for Life!

Losing for April Fools, Week 4, January 16-2006

Well everyone I know you are interested in hearing about our group weight loss for last week. We currently have 94 people signed on for the challenge and 35 of you have posted your tickers over the past 3 weeks. The total amount the 35 people have lost in 3 weeks is:

168.1 POUNDS

So you can all give yourselves a big hug and CONGRATULATIONS all of you LOSERS!

It is so exciting to keep track of what everyone is doing and watching the pounds drop away. I am so proud of all of you, it takes a lot of commitment and strength to lose weight and we are all doing it!

I found this song again after so many years and it really resonates with me now more than it ever did when it came out. It is on one of my walking playlists and you might think it is hokey but, so be it!

“You can bend, but never break me, cause’ it only serves to make me MORE determined to achieve my final goal! And I come back even stronger, not a novice any longer, cause you’ve deepened the conviction in my soul.

Oh yes I am wise but it’s wisdom born of pain. Yes, I’ve paid the price, but look how much I’ve gained. If I have to I can face anything.

I am Strong, I am Invincible, and I am Woman.
Sheri~C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 09:14 PM   #3  
Losing for Life!

Mofo: Welcome! We are looking forward to hearing more about you, keep posting!

Jodi: Way to Go! You are doing great, keep it up!

Dawn: Thanks for the information, I have been considering doing it and I will have to start saving soon.

Kayelle31: Welcome! It is never to late to join! We are happy to have you here and hope you will tell us a bit more about yourself.

Jailene: 2 pounds is fantastic! I know we would all love to have it just melt away overnight but it is going and it will stay gone!

Dietcokeaddict: Don’t count the negatives! You walked the dog today and you will do more tomorrow, always look at what you have accomplished not at what you haven’t. We can build upon success!

Sonja: Yeah! I know it feels so good not to have those cravings, I am so glad I don’t have to deal with that anymore it sure helps! And I too will run someday!

Tracey: Good for You! It is hard to come in and say you have gained. I am sure it does have to do with muscle building and the exercise. I know you will show another loss soon. Don’t forget to take your measurements so you can track that loss as well!

Candieangel12: Welcome! You have some great goals and we can help you achieve them!
Sheri~C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 09:20 PM   #4  
Getting back on track

Height: 5' 9"

Thumbs up

Hi Sheri -

Thanks for the quote from that song!!! It resonates with me a lot more now too! I hope you don't mind if I copy it and print it out for myself?

Enjoying the challenge - thanks for heading it up
icmethinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 09:30 PM   #5  
Working on Hot!

S/C/G: 242/225/175

I am so happy that we are doing so good...Ladies you rock!!!!!!

I have a good day I did get my walk in. I have more of the soup that my DH made yesterday. I will have tomorrow off and will be looking into getting "the girls" work started... So I will tell you all about it when I get back for the doc. I hope you have all had a great day and keep up the super work I know we can do it!!!!!

Leigh
la3y_un1c0rn_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 11:03 PM   #6  
Pound by Pound

Height: 5'4"

WoW ... do WE ROCK or WHAT??? That's ALOT of pounds G.O.N.E. FOREVER ladies ... keep up the awesome work!

I wanted to say THANKS to each one of you - you all give me the strength to continue on this journey ... so again
THANK YOU!

I know I have some personals to do and I promise to get back in just a bit to do them ... I just wanted to make sure I made it over to the new thread.

Drink Water Drink Water
** Stacye ** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 11:14 PM   #7  

Default I'd like to join :)

Hi, I'm new here, and I'm not sure where I'm supposed to join in with this challenge. Right Here on the thread? And you mentioned "placing the ticker" ? is that like the one I already have or am I supposed to enter it on the site somewhere? Oh gosh, sorry for all the questions!!
My goal is to loose 20lbs by then. I really love this site, and the idea of making a public goal is so fun, and a little scary!! I think this will really inspire me, thank you for all the work you put into this. Thank you thank you, Lindystar
lindystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 01:08 AM   #8  

Hi everyone,
I'm new here and I decided enough is enough. I am out of shape and weak, so my goals won't be geared toward weight loss right now, my #1 goal is to increase strength. I can barely carry groceries in without getting tired.
I just started on Billy Blanks Bootcamp, and I can do 5 minutes without passing out.

My goal is to be able to complete the 55 minute tape by April.
I'm so glad I found this site!!!!!
Mary
gapeach01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 01:17 AM   #9  

Default How do I register?

hey ladies!! well Im new at 3fc I wana know how to get involed with you guys? My sw was 290 and I have lost 17 lbs in 2 weeks. Im so thrilled!! I need support and alot of it though. So if anyone wants to chat message me. And I wanna join the aprils goal. Thanks girls~Karmon [email protected] Im in washington state!!
No2fatbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 08:49 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by gapeach01
Hi everyone,
I'm new here and I decided enough is enough. I am out of shape and weak, so my goals won't be geared toward weight loss right now, my #1 goal is to increase strength. I can barely carry groceries in without getting tired.
I just started on Billy Blanks Bootcamp, and I can do 5 minutes without passing out.

My goal is to be able to complete the 55 minute tape by April.
I'm so glad I found this site!!!!!
Mary
gapeach01,
I just wanted to say GO YOU and best of luck on your goal !!! I got out my Tae Bo tape last night, that I have never used before. OH MY. I got tired out and confused just doing the introduction, ya know the part where he shows you how to do all the moves? Gosh that stuff is confusing ! : ) I was all over the place, oh I think I am just too uncoordinated. I will stick with DDR. But anyways I just wanted to give you a big HOORAY !! for going after a great goal. Best of luck to you!!!!!!
lindystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 10:06 AM   #11  

We do rock!!! With everyone's support here, I dropped another two lbs!!!!!!
chrmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 10:19 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 184/C/145

Default 168.1---we have lost an entire person lol

I think everyone should give their selves a pat on the back we are doing GOOD!

I went to the gym this AM to work on cardio, I am going to step tonight at the Y. I am excited/nervous about tomorrow night...weight in, I have worked so hard this week, so I am hoping for good results. I must say though, when I am exercising and eating better I actually feel better! I have so much more energy. I am excited for April to come I think we should post before and after shots of ourselves on April the 1st, to reflect on how far we have come. Anyways all the best girls!! Good luck in the following week!

Jennifer
jenn_mullett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 11:25 AM   #13  

I got a nice surprise this morning...down to 151! I expected to be the same or maybe gain as I have not made great choices the last the 3 days. Maybe my body was telling me that I needed to up my calories a bit?
racegirl78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 11:50 AM   #14  
Pound by Pound

Height: 5'4"

Monday Weigh-In Report ... I lost 2 lbs at the beginning of the week - looks like that's all my body had to give - but that's ok ... 2 lbs is certainly nothing to complain about!

Lindystar :: This is a WONDERFUL group of girls ... you're gonna love it here!

Karmon :: and a HUGE congrats on losing 17 lbs the last 2 weeks ... that's Awesome!

Mary :: It's all about the baby steps! Keep up the hard work and you'll be finishing those 55 mins BEFORE April!

chrmiller :: WTG ... 2 lbs is a great loss!

Jennifer :: GL with w/i tomorrow ... no doubt you'll see a drop with all that hard work you've put in! Can't wait to see just HOW good!!

racegirl :: Congrats on your loss this week ... but, just how much was it? LoL As for the cals ... how much are you allowing yourself right now?

To everyone else ... be back later to check in on the rest of you 'LOSERS'
** Stacye ** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 12:29 PM   #15  

Thumbs up

Congrats to everyone on their weight loss!! That is an amazing amount we've lost ladies. We'll be able to add to that next week as I've lost another two pounds last week. Total ...8lbs since the 2nd of Jan.

You ladies are the bomb! I couldn't do this without sharing the struggles and the triumphs here. I know I'm on a high here and I know I'll reach one of those dreaded plataus eventually...I'll know how to deal with it with you all to help me through it.

Happy losing all!
DragonTush is offline   Reply With Quote