Old 01-14-2006, 06:49 PM   #1  

Default I blew it...

Time to fess up... I blew it. I had an emotionally upsetting thing happen Wednesday night and have been struggling ever since. I notice myself cheating on my eating plan, half heartedly exercising, burring my head in the fridge to deal with this. I haven't gained these past few days just stayed the same. But I am getting back on track, I just needed to be accountable to someone.
CarolO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 08:16 PM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

I've been struglling all week and I'm not even sure why. Let's pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off, and get back up on that wagon. I always need to remind myself to aim for progress and not perfection, and to learn from my mistakes. If I do those two things, then I have never really "blown it".
MaWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 09:29 PM   #3  
You can do it!!!!

S/C/G: 294/260/200

Height: 5'3

I had a tough week also. I was so gung ho two weeks ago. At least you have not gained...just get back to basics
Monkeybabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 10:35 PM   #4  

Thanks for the support!!! I am down 7 lbs. Thats 7 lbs closer to my goal. I tend to be a perfectionist, all or nothing. I want to see results now and tend to compare my journey with everyone around me. Emotional eating is a biggie for me.
Old 01-14-2006, 11:15 PM   #5  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

It's true what the previous poster said.. you only blow it if you quit. You know that in your heart. You didn't really expect to be perfect did you? What you are experiencing is called life. Sucks.. but it's life :/ What did you learn? What can you do different next time when life throws you a curve ball? and it's going to happen.
Hugs to you ... confession is good for the soul.
Charbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 07:39 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolO
Thanks for the support!!! I am down 7 lbs. Thats 7 lbs closer to my goal. I tend to be a perfectionist, all or nothing. I want to see results now and tend to compare my journey with everyone around me. Emotional eating is a biggie for me.

I really understand how you are feeling since I have a long history of the same problem. I have a binge eating pattern when I am under stress. For the past few months I have been working on seeing what triggers it. I have noticed that letting myself get too hungry will get me going. I have upped my kcal intake to keep myself comfortable and always have my meals planned for the day. My kcal intake means that my weight loss will be slow but if it is an eating plan I can stay with and I will make much more progress in the long run rather than going on and off a overly strict diet I also am working to get beyond my perfectionist stuff and realize this is a program for life and it can not be done perfectly day in and day out.

I read this good quote the other day that said "Seeking comfort in food is not a criminal offense" I like that because it put it in perspective. When I see myself getting into binge eating I look at what the real problem is and confront it by taking some sort of action if it is possible. I have discovered that when I do binge that forgiving myself and refusing to beat myself up will keep me from continuing in that pattern. It can turn into a catch-22. You overeat then hate yourself for it. You then give your self a bunch of negative messages about what a rotten person you are and how fat you are and how you will aways be fat etc. After all that you then overeat for comfort. It's a no win situation unless there is a change in how your view the problem.
f(x) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 03:56 PM   #7  

I think that just being accountable when I do binge is important. I am thinking about journaling, what I eat and if I do slip up what caused it so I can learn what the pattern is. I think the shame and secrecy of binge eating just fuels the problem,stress=eating=guilt=eating...
Old 01-15-2006, 05:07 PM   #8  

And I bet you binged less that you would have done in your pre-plan days because you were conscious of it.

You've done good lady, you did it, you recognised it, you told about it. You haven't wiped 3FC off your favourites and hidden back in fridge land.

We've all been in the fridge or the cookie jar or the chocolate box when life gets tough, even though we know it doesn't fix anything. And we're all here to help you out of it.

Well done!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 10:02 PM   #9  
determined to lose

Well, I just came from the first dinner with my daughter-in-law and son at their house. Barbeque ribs, potato salad, cole slaw, baked beans, corn on the cob, and salad. I made the salad but I did not eat any of it. I did eat some of everything else though. Including two helpings of ribs. So totally off program with the potatoes, corn, and cole slaw! Oh, did I mention the rum cake my mom made??? small piece, counted it on fitday so the calories werent bad, but still. Too much food!

going to have to make up for it tomorrow!! Hopefully I will get to go to the gym! I have been working on my balance ball tonight some but not working up a sweat yet. Belly is too full!

The past 3 days have been off program for me. Pancakes two day in a row (2 each day) and mexican food one day. I am going to go back to Phase 1 of south beach I think for the next week or two, see if I cannot undo any damage done. Wont know how bad until I go to the gym and weigh in. I hope I did not gain anything!! Wish me luck!
garnetfairy is offline   Reply With Quote