Old 01-11-2006, 02:20 PM   #1  

Question ?s on moving from Gold to Green plan.

Hi everyone, I am still new on the program, doing the 5 week one to lose 10 lbs.

I went today (been on 2 weeks) and I am down about 4 lbs, but not lost in the past 4-5 days. She looked at my info and said oh, you were borderline to begin with, we need to change oyu now to the green plan once you went below 146 lbs.

Does that sound right to you? Just asking because sometimes they seem a little unsure about things.

Sucks that I lose a veggie and fruit, but I do want to lose weight, so...it's what I will do.

Thanks!

Sheila
slecompte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 02:27 PM   #2  

I personally think that is too soon to move you to green, but i also think that not loosing in 4-5 days is not something big enough to warrant any change in actaull plan, just maybe a change in your eating style, like eating a few different foods or times.

I know that deets is way lower than you and the nutritionist personally told her she should not have been moved to green. my goal is 140 and I was told I would nver be on green because it is for under 130 lbs.

call the 1-800 number
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 02:31 PM   #3  

Thank you for the quick reply, I am going to call the 800# right now and see what they have to say. Thank you!

Sheila
Old 01-11-2006, 02:31 PM   #4  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

Thanks for the lead in, Shennie Yea..I was put on Green at 136 and sat at the same weight give or take a pound for THREE WEEKS with it..I just had a feeling that it was NOT enough food and I was borderline at switching at 136..I think your counselor is off..I would indeed call the 1800 number listed on the products and ask for help. Less food does not equal more weight loss, it can mean the opposite as your body hards EVERY calorie it gets, fearing starvation. That one fruit and veggie DOES make a HUGE difference, believe it or not. Good luck to you!
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 02:55 PM   #5  

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate the quick response. I did call the 800# and spoke to someone. She said she would stay on the gold for at least 4-5 more days, but change up my foods to see how that helps. I have been doing dairy and fruit in the morning so I am going to try a protein and maybe a starch, but definitely the protein and kinda change things up first.

After I talked to her I called my center back and talked to them and they agreed on the same thing, to stay there.

Now can you confirm something, I get 2 different answers on this. For a protein, if I had say one egg in the morning (half of eggs allowance), then I could have half of another protein at another time - say 3 oz chicken. They said that was fine.

But another center that I sometimes just drop in to weigh at and the 800# counselor said I have to stick with the same protein. I have one egg at bf, I have to have the other egg later, not chicken. You finish what you start basically.

Thanks again for the wonderful advice!

Sheila
Old 01-11-2006, 03:00 PM   #6  
Katie

Height: 5'1

That is what my center said too, only one protein, split into 2 meals.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 03:13 PM   #7  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

I agree, same protein if youre splitting..thats what the 1800 number AND my center said.
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 04:20 PM   #8  

in the front of the gold book it says: "For those who eat a half protein in the morning, you may also use 1 oz of light cheese or 1 oz low-fat low sodium Canadian bacon as options as well." this way you can splilt up your protein, not 100% postive about any othr way.
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 07:25 AM   #9  

Shennie, you know, I always thought that was for people who had 2 1/2 proteins - but it really doesn't make sense if it's in the Gold book unless you do it like you said. .

Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote