Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2001, 05:20 AM   #1  
Work in Progress

Default Low carb support club #2

Happy Friday morning all

As we were at 2 pages I started a new thread.

Still OP
Started my new leg routine (lower body w/o) yesterday. And my goodness I am feeling it today. All in all it has been a pretty good w/o week. Am a little closer to purchasing a treadmill. Still not an organized plan. The accoplishment is that I work out regularly just no routine. will attempt to schedule that thsi weekend. Endurance is pretty good.

OP food wise has been very good. low carb no cheating.

Had my 2 job interviews. Havn't heard from one, The otehr had to turn down due to the salary cut I would have to take. Oh well. we'll see.

GBO welcome to our little world here

Dana, glad you are doing as well as you can

Sue, Still here. I saw that you enjoyed teh belly dancing. So you are going to do teh BFL thing again huh?

How is everyone else doing?

See ya all this weekend
SUE
Oh, The guys at teh prison(90% who came from NYC) are doing OK so far. SOme have lost people, some still havn't talked to family yet. We have made satff available to work w/ them. Security is tighter at the facility. And nothing bad has happened YET... We will see
Old 09-14-2001, 07:46 PM   #2  
I WILL REACH MY GOAL!

Friday = Weigh-In Day! Mr. Scale told me another pound has decided to leave my butt...so that makes 32 gone forever!

I gotta get away from all this news coverage as it is realy bringing me down!

Hello to all the regular BUS RIDERS here...and a great big welcome to our newest lady to take a seat....gbo! I have read a few of your posts gbo and you are really going to be an asset here on our journey toward goal. Stay in your seat, babe!

Stay on plan all. I realize that these are such difficult times...and SOOO hard to stay focused and positive...but we MUST!

Take care all! Bus is still headed toward goal. Let's wave good-bye to the fat together as we rollllllll.......

Last edited by 25_HOPEFUL; 09-14-2001 at 08:19 PM.
Old 09-14-2001, 09:56 PM   #3  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

I guess i have more reason than ever!! I found out that we (at belly dancing class) may be doing a performance that sure will be a hoot!! but i have to stop jiggeling so much first!!! and it is only a 6 or 8 week course!!! so it is going to be really hard work for me!!!
Old 09-15-2001, 05:04 AM   #4  

Just a quick post while I am waiting for my coffee to brew...

My brother has died and I will be driving to NJ this morning. Obviusly, my trip to NY is off for this weekend. Please pray for my family and me. You are all in my prayers.

Lee
Old 09-15-2001, 08:33 AM   #5  

Unhappy

Dearest, Lee.

You have my heartfelt sympathy for your loss. Please know that you and your family will be in my prayers tonight along with the family and friends of those lost in this week's tradgedy.

Here is a loving hug just for you. <<<<<< H U G >>>>>>

Warmest regards,

Joanne
Old 09-15-2001, 08:41 AM   #6  

Everyone else . . .

Thank you for your warm wishes this week. I hadn't seen "Tommy" in over 15 years but I remember him well. My deepest sympathy goes to his family especially his wife and children. I know they are a deeply religeous family and hope their faith and time will ease their pain.

Please don't be upset with me but I've not even tried to be OP this week. In fact, I really haven't been eating much (and what I ate I shouldn't have). I have been taking walks (mostly to clear my head) but not serious exercise. I'll get back on track soon (hopefully before the weekend is over) but I just can't concentrate right now.

Shane had his first nightmare free night last night. He has been dreaming that the "bad people" bombed his brother's house (his 1/2 brother, Brandon, lives in Massachusetts with DH's ex). He's also dreamed that these same people flew a plane into our third floor and killed his sister (my daughter has a bedroom on the "attic" level of our house). He's only 6. Just for the loss of his sense of security, I could personally kill everyone of those *******s! Sorry, guess I'm not as "in control" as I should be. My nightmares are along the same lines as his. My worst -- dreaming that those SOBs bomb the kids schools and I can't get through the traffic to try to find them. (I now work 45 minutes away from our home town.)

Didn't mean to dump on you all. Sorry if I depressed anyone. Just needed to vent. I really can't talk to DH because he's scared there's going to be a full-fledge war and his two older son's will end up in the thick of it or these SOBs might start bombing the US (again) and he won't be able to protect his family. (Yes, he's having nightmares, too.)

I gotta go. I need aspirin and coffee.

I'll try to be more upbeat later.

Old 09-15-2001, 08:58 AM   #7  
Trying to find my way.

I am so sorry Lee. My heart goes out to you in your time of sorrow. I hope that this provieds you and his family with some healing.

Do not worry about being OP. that is the last thing you need to worry about at this time. Just help your family and heel your self. there is time to worry about all that later. check in when you get back. {{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}
Old 09-15-2001, 01:36 PM   #8  

Default saturday

Hello, just checking in real quick......still oP....not drinking all my water but today I am determined to,,,

my exercise for this weekend will be cleaning house...

FLYLADY is here and I am trying to get organized, however, my daughters are looking for the flyswatter already hehehe

So sorry Lee, to hear about your loss...my prayers are with you....

everyone have a great weekend, stay OP and DRINK YOUR WATER
Old 09-15-2001, 04:24 PM   #9  
Work in Progress

Hi all
My this is a difficult thing to attempt to live thru, and speaking about myself I have not been personally affected by teh loss of someone. I can only immagine the grief of that person.

Lee I am so sorry to hear of your loss. WHat a week you have had. I can only say that you are in my prayers and thoughts. Keep Safe in your travel and check in when you can. Godspeed.

Joanne, I am afraid that I too used the emergency cord on teh bus and stopped off yesterday . I visited wendy's. And am paying for it today. First off Program day in 2 months at least. Bad water etc, etc, etc.

I am OP today and back on the bus using 2 seatbelts

I am sorry about your son and family and teh worry this has caused you. There is nothing I can say that could ease you thru this. Take care

Terri
Glad you stopped by to check in . Way to go on your program
I am drinking water as I type!!

Dana how are you fairing?

Sue a recital? how exciting!!!!

Evryone else have great weekend
Old 09-15-2001, 08:51 PM   #10  
Trying to find my way.

recital???? i went horse back riding. POOR horse!!! I did ok i think!?!? the horse was still standing when i got off. i was still standing which is more important!!!i do not knowif i will be in the morning.

I managed to stay OP today although i did let my self get really hungry. BAD!!!
Pat for the first time Off Program not bad it could have been a whole pizza or some thing. you may have some fluid gain depending on how much you ate, and the sale so do not get on the scale for a few days up to 3 days some thimes to get rid of the fluid. just dring tons of fluid!!! the more the better!!!

Terri you can have the fly lady come over here. I need to check out the web site and get motivated for fly lady things. (I have hidden the fly swatter) I need to uncover my sewing machine and blow off the dust as i need to sew a bellydancing costume for it!!!!

Joanne i hope the kids start to get some peace. give them many hugs at night. I do not have any words of advice except is there a school psycologist that he could talk with that is what they are for. good luck and keep us posted.

Sso come on all and lets get up and KICK FAT BUTT> lets make a pledge (except for lee) that we will move forward with our lives and start sunday making our rededication to being OP. I know some of you will not see this till later this week but i feel that we need to do it nowww, while i can still say it!!! I am going to really kick fat but so we can make our halloween goals, we need an halloween goal thread!!! I will make one. we also need a menue thread (right on that one too) so we can continue to strive for our goals!!!

Dana Where are you??? any you GBO how are you doing??? i have not seen you all weekend!!!
Old 09-16-2001, 08:28 PM   #11  
Work in Progress

Just wanted to say hello, I have rededicated myself to my woe. Am now duct taped to myseat in addition to the seatbelts. I am in the back of the bus w/ a dunce hat on. Tilted alittle to the side. PMS isn't helping at all.
Well I am back on tract.
Hope all is well w/ everyone
Old 09-16-2001, 08:50 PM   #12  

Default Back in the saddle again . . .

(Sorry, Nasus 40, I just couldn't resist! )

But the song does fit my current mood. Yes, I've lost the dark blue funk I was in when I "spoke" earlier. While I didn't have a perfect OP day, it was much more in control and I got in the water and the exercise.

I planned my meals for the week and made a big dent in my list of fall chores (that accounted for the exercise). Tomorrow I get on the scale and face the damage wreaked by this weeks OOC eating. I will take my lumps and move on from there. I will NOT let it be an excuse to continue off program.

Oh, and my "not perfect" OP day was a caramel apple rolled in unsalted peanuts. We are in the middle of our annual country fair (it's held just two blocks down the street from me). I usually induldge in (to name a few) home-made fudge (several flavors), polish sausage in a bun, fried dough with butter & cinnamon (at least two), ice cream, home-made lemonade (several cups) and the caramel apple. I knew I wouldn't be able to resist eating something there so I decided before I took the kids that the caramel apple was all I was having and it would be the last thing we did before we left. I did it! OK. So it wasn't an OP thing but I felt really good about sticking to my resolution. And the 2-1/2 hours of walking and waiting for the kids while they went on rides surely burned off some of those calories.

We are going back on Thursday and I've already told myself I've had my treat and I am not indulging again. The fair will be back next year (and All Hallow's Eve with it's assorted parties is just next month ). Maybe this time I'll just sip a diet coke and agree to hold all of the prizes and keepsakes while everyone else eats (that way my hands won't be free to grab any "goodies" ).

Gotta go. I've still got about another hours worth of tasks before I can turn in for the night. Five AM comes too damn early somes times!

Last edited by jdoneil1; 09-16-2001 at 08:53 PM.
Old 09-16-2001, 10:10 PM   #13  
Trying to find my way.

Joanne i am so proud of you for sticking to your resolution. what a great thing i would have caved!!!! the thing about this woe is that it is a life time thing and you need ot be prepared for these times and then just have it without guilt, then get back op. but you aure did good!!!

Pat i always fall during TOM so do not feel bad just make sure that duct tape is tight becsue dana is taking us for a really bumpy ride through theh holidays!!!aaand make sure that you have pleanty for me!!!!!! i will need it starting in october. i have a goal to be at and want to make it without missing it again!!!!!

dana?? lee???? gbo????Terri????
Old 09-17-2001, 05:38 AM   #14  
Work in Progress

Good morning girls.
I have already exercised for 30 mins and have downed 1 glass of water. I feel more mentally alert than yesterday, however it will be at least 1 more day to get the carb cobwebs out of my brain.

Joanne, As far as I am concerned you are a goddess!!!. I think there are alot of worse things you could have picked to splurge on. ANd that you waited till the end, was great!!!. You made a goal and stuck w/ it. I loved teh saddle intro LOL.

Sue you are great. all these new execise options. That should keep you motivated and keep boredom away. Kickboxing is supposed to be a great w/o. Where did you horse back ride?

Yes the holiodays will be on us before you know it. The fall for me always involved baking. I usually bake for gifts and have already tried to think of alternative gift ideas. Sugar cookies w/ frosting are my favorite food. I am thinking of getting the ingrediants for lo carb baking. So I don't feel deprived. we'll see. I usually host thanksgiving for my family. and have been thinking about amenu. This willl be a challenge that we can do!!!

I hope everyone else is doing well. Check in when you can
Old 09-17-2001, 07:20 PM   #15  
Trying to find my way.

Hi Pat.

I had a busy day at the office today but it is not calming down just yet. i have a few things to do before i am finished. and i have to start tto think of my self and work. so i was a bit stressed and did not make great choices today. I did manage to drink more today that the last few days i ate kfc and managed to eat all the crumbs. i am forming a habbit iof it and that is not good. I nned to bring a lunch that i will be happy with i just got to hungry and could not hold back and i know thaaat it is one of the biggest downfalls. NEVER let your self get hungry!!!

so i see you are getting going right today,

Dana??? Lee????? Paaula?????? Terri????? GBO??????? come on and check inand let us kow how well you are doing!!
Closed Thread