Old 01-10-2006, 11:00 AM   #1  
What are you waiting for?

S/C/G: 232/258/223

Height: 5'4

Default ? about diet and monthly cycle?

Im just wondering if there's any certain vitamins or foods i should be eating or refraining from while it's that time of the month i started my workout's and healthy eating pattern's yesterday and I also started my monthly flow, Is it going to affect my weight loss will i lose weight? Maybe i shouldn't check my loss until after my cycle? I guess it was dumb to start the first day of my cycle huh?!
rysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 12:31 PM   #2  

so nobody has a monthly flow huh? LOL Im just wondering if my efforts this week are going to be a waste of time?! - Kim
Old 01-10-2006, 01:51 PM   #3  
Uber-Moderator!!

Personally, when I'm having my period, I just keep on my normal program...if you're apt to retain water or bloat during that time, you might want to refrain from weighing yourself, if the scale freaks you out

ANYTIME is a good time to start a healthy lifestyle - don't use your period as an excuse to put it off!
MrsJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 07:22 PM   #4  

I agree that anytime is a good time! That's why im still doing it! YEah baby! Im doing good too, I feel like im eating alot but it's all healthy food and i workout to aerobics for 20 minutes in the morning then do the treadmill for 30 minutes at night and every other night i do about 15 min. of strength training on my ball and I feel like im doing this all for nothing! I don't feel like this is going to help me loose but i guess i won't know until i keep trying! thanks
Old 01-18-2006, 04:49 AM   #5  
Aussie Chick

S/C/G: 99/86/65

Kim,

You are definately doing it for something. If you feel that there isn't any changes going on, perhaps you could do 50 minutes of aerobic and treadmill in the morning and 15 mins of strength training on your ball in the evenings, training different parts of your body each evening. eg, arms and tummy one night and legs and back the other night.

My trainer at the gym said that doing cardio is great, but to do it for more than 30 minutes at a time, preferably 60.

Kathy
kathyhegg is offline   Reply With Quote