General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2006, 10:46 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/236/150

Height: 5' 6"

Question Girdles anyone???

Hi:

Just curious, does anyone here ever wear a girdle? Do women still wear them?

Although I have become pretty good at camouflaging my belly I have a longing to wear some cute tops that right now I can't even consider. I have a roll that starts at my hips and goes to the front. So...I was thinking that a girdle might be the answer? If anyone does wear one, do you wear the brief style? Or one that ends at mid-thigh? Is it comfortable? Does it really help smooth out any bulges?

Thanks in advance!

Lynn

Last edited by Wisertime; 01-08-2006 at 06:28 PM.
Old 01-08-2006, 11:13 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Control top panty hose are my friend! There's much to be said for a good fitting bra too!
Old 01-08-2006, 12:01 PM   #3  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

I wore them when I'd lost enough to where one would make a difference, but still had a few more pounds to shed. I got the one you just wrap around your waist with all the hooks down the front, because I didn't want to fight with getting a tight fitting girdle off for every bathroom trip.
Old 01-08-2006, 12:31 PM   #4  

I bought a cute velvet dress in the sales, and it shows my bottom tummy roll something awful, so I invested in a panty girdle, and it does wonders! I wouldn't wear one every day, but for the odd occasion they are a life saver.
Old 01-08-2006, 01:24 PM   #5  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

I prefer to call them slimmers
I have a capri length pair that I wear under dress pants because in the winter I wear boots instead of derss shoes.

I have a bike shorts length I wear under skirts in the summer so I can wear sandles.

I look at them like undies just mo lines...
Old 01-08-2006, 04:19 PM   #6  

I call mine tightie whities! I NEVER refer to them as girdles! I wear the kind that's biker shorts length with a waist cincher and all the hooks up the front...I hate them. They are a necessary evil however, because of my spare tire and saddle bags. If I want to look half way decent in my dress slacks at work, I have to wear them and they do make a difference. Some days I just hate having to wriggle in and out of them, though.
Old 01-08-2006, 04:38 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I cut control top panty hose off at the knees for a slimmer, smoother look under slacks or skirts in the summer with bare feet in sandles. I learned that from kathy Lee Gifford when she was still with Regis.
Closed Thread