Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2006, 09:52 PM   #1  

Height: 5'1"

Smile Weight Loss and Chit Chat #160

Hello and to the Jaded Ladies!!

We'd love to have you join us while we talk about our weight loss efforts and our daily lives. So come on in and chat away!!
Old 01-07-2006, 10:05 PM   #2  
Closed

Hi Everyone
I hope you remember me, I only have a minute I am at my daughters house and I had to wish you a belated Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year to all of you. I miss you all so much , I don't have a computer , I am trying to get one, my daughter is trying to help me find one as well. I wish I had time to talk , but Melissa's Fiance is busy right now, and I could only take a few minutes to say hello. Yes she is engaged now and I can't wait to tell you more .I hope everyone is well, and I will be so happpy to be back with you all, I have never been so lonely without you all to share my days with. Well I must go and I look so forward to coming back as soon as I find a computer if you all still want to talk to me , hopefully you do. hopefully I will talk soon.

Your Long Lost Friend Ellen
Old 01-07-2006, 11:25 PM   #3  

Ellen---Sure have missed you! I hope you get a computer soon so we can hear more about your DD engagement! Always know that we love having you here and ALWAYS want to hear from you!! Come back soon!
Old 01-08-2006, 12:48 PM   #4  
kitty Momo

Good Morning -

I swear Ellen, I was just thinking of you last night!! Wondering where you were - lo and behold - you show up!! I really think we are long lost twins!! haha.......happy to have you back -

I don't think you meant a yard Marti - I think you meant yarn?? It only takes one letter to throw me off - lol

Anyway- anyone see Grizzly Man yet?? It was really good, I might watch it again tonight before I take the video back.

Anyone get the People mag with the weight loss success stories??

Hey.......I bet you don't listen to me at all!! lol

Speaking of guilt ( ok - we weren't but we are now ) I felt bad over the banana I ate last week - after co worker said banana's aren't good to eat when trying to lose weight.

Going to meet a co worker at Starbucks. Tell her the inside gossip and she has to totally swear not to tell.........what an exciting life I have.

omg- The Bachelor starts Monday night!!!

Happy Birthday Rebecca - she had a sleep over so I haven't seen her yet. Course she will wanna go shopping.

Chat later - and WELCOME BACK ELLEN!!!
Old 01-08-2006, 12:52 PM   #5  
Not Giving Up

Height: 5'9"

Ellen,

So glad to hear from you. You have been missed. I know all about computer problems. Hope that you get one soon.

Must run, thought I would pop on quick before I took DS to work.

Also Mindee when our little guy was about the same age as Brandon he ate a jar of zincofax diaper cream. With my frantic call to poison control I was happy to hear that there is nothing toxic, but it sure does not stay in their poor little stomaches.

Kathy
Old 01-08-2006, 01:58 PM   #6  

Hi ladies!

Cristi - you'll be in my thoughts and prayers. Let us know ASAP about the results, OK?

Marti - I live in NW Ohio. This time of year is usually snowy & cold & icy. Today we actually have a little sunshine & the temp is around 40. I have the patio doors open for fresh air. The cat is going nuts with leaves blowing around on the deck!!

This is such a lazy day. I'm still working on taking down all the decorations and cleaning. I guess there really isn't a big hurry except I just want to get it done. Tired of climbing up and down the step ladder so I better just keep at it.

See ya later!

Connie
Old 01-08-2006, 03:53 PM   #7  

Hello gals!

Susan--I had to go back and edit that.....can't let the world know that I can't spell! A big Happy Birthday to Rebecca! Hope she had a fun sleepover. I've never had a sleepover as a young girl...why is that? Didn't I have friends????

Kathy--Hurry back and chat when you have time!

Connie--Oh....you're in Ohio! Ok, going to try and keep track! How cute w/the kitty chasing leaves!!

Ellen--Waiting for you to come back. Miss you lots!!

Not much going on today. Spent most of my day yesterday w/a horrible headache. I needed to close the blinds and turn down the tv...(ended up muting it) and just laid on the couch. Migraines are horrible. Had a hard time trying to sleep it off though. Finally went to bed around 5:00 this morning. Sheesh!!

Never did color my hair! Felt too awful. But alls good today! Ready to do something, just don't know what.

Well going to get moving.

You all have a wonderful afternoon.
Old 01-08-2006, 04:02 PM   #8  
I'll call him Con Queso!!

Susan- I got that same People, very inspiring! Much more so than the other magazine I posted about earlier.
Marti- hope you headache goes away! That really kills the day!
Connie- that's a great workout! taking down the decorations, mine were down 2 days after Christmas. Allen got so many toys that there was no room for them with the tree up!
I went out last night with friends and drank too much. Mark and I really never go out and I guess he decided that I deserved a night on the town! I had a lot of fun, dancing and goofing off. But I'm feeling like slug today!!
We have Mark's Christmas party at his work tongiht. They always have really great prizes raffled off so we're going to buy a bunch of extra raffle tickets. They also have tons of naughty fod, so I'll eat before we go.
My mom is going to come over and watch Allen so we don't have to take him out, he's still sick. Poor baby!
ARG, I'm feeling cruddy!1
Old 01-08-2006, 09:03 PM   #9  
RosieKate

A quick hi from me today!

Susan - no guilt - bananas are fine - you just can't eat a truck load. They must be on some low-carb diet. Bananas have potassium and are a nautral sweetener - so there

Cristi- sending out good boob vibes...hope your next test is a good one. My tech told me that they have to call women back alot for extra pictures and practically all of them show nothing - so I am going to say a prayer and hope that's your case.

Ellen - Welcome back - we've missed you and your cute pictures.

Marti - hope your head is feeling better

Sorry I'm missing so many today - but Hi to everyone!

BBL

Old 01-09-2006, 12:40 AM   #10  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

I have been meaning to post this on here. On New Year's Eve we were at my in-law's house with our friends Jay and Elena. We were getting ready to go over to my sister's house. Brandon was playing upstairs with me, Jay, Elena and Logan (Tommy ran to the basement to switch laundry). Jay knocked on the back of the front door to see what Brandon would do. When Brandon heard the knock he said "Jo Jo" and ran to the door. I had to proceed to open the door even though there was no one there. He then wouldn't let me close the door until we got ready to go.

One day last week, I was changing his diaper and he said "Jo Jo" again. I asked him where Jo Jo was and he blew me off. I am wondering as to if he is refering to his Uncle Joey or my younger brother who we called Jo Jo.

ETA: We showed Brandon Joey's webpage on my mom's site and Brandon pointed to him and said Jo Jo. We also asked him where he was at and he pointed up to our ceiling.

Also, we are thinking of starting to potty train him around his second birthday.

Susan~ Man, the nerve of some people (get pregnant and then run)….sheesh! LOL

Ok ladies…..I need some kind of motivation and some kind of plan to follow so I can get the last of this weight off. It is just driving me batty!

Jane~ Have fun!!!

Mel~ I have been through the croup…..it is NOT fun at all. I ended up having to sleep with Brandon in his car seat in the bassinet with the vaporizer pointed at his face so he would be able to breath. Also, we found that if you alternate between the steam in the bathroom and bundling him up and taking him outside to get the burst of cold…that helps as well. Good luck! If you want to talk or anything you can email me or PM me.

Angie~ Thanks for the welcome back and congrats!

Jules~ how are you doing girl?

Connie~ Welcome to the group!

Ellen~ It is good to see/hear from you!

Kathy~ I had Tommy call poison control and the lady on the other end said to wipe out his mouth and to give him clear liquids if he pukes or has diahhrea. He had neither of the two….but he has been pooping a lot since then. We think that has more to do with his teeth coming in then anything else.
Old 01-09-2006, 07:37 AM   #11  
I'm a good girl, I am!

Well my sweetie finished up the bathroom yesterday and it looks wonderful!!!Well he still has to put the baseboards back up but.......now we have 2 running bathrooms!!

We watched Big Fish last night.........It's a great movie if you like 'stories'.....my granddad was a great story teller and every time i watch that movie i cry cause that makes me miss him...........If you've never seen it..........DO

Tampa is out and i was so hoping they'd see another super bowl

Gaby i got the People magazine. It was good but the thing that I didn't like was most of the women were young..........Now Christi Ally I felt I knew.........and I'm so happy for her..........but she's rich...........I want to see what happens to an older lady who has had weight for more than 15 years..........I want to know what her body looks like ya know?? My mom lost over 100 lbs.......she has been heavy forever. She had so much skin and she was for a year in a plateu...........some lady told her to go have her skin removed. She did .........12 lbs worth.........tummy and arms.......I can't afford that but yet, I don't want to stay this size either. then the face.........I checked everyone's face and even Christi has no wrinkles.......I've always said i was going to keep my weight so I'd have no wrinkles................sigh.....................

Marti your going to San Fran?? My girlfriend and I went there in April, last year, we had a blast. We spent most of our time at the Wharf and I did NOT get my wine tour (g/f gets motion sickness......couldn't handle the trip and ups and downs) but what i was going to say........we stayed in a place on Bush street called the Grant Motel that was only 69/night.(there are 2 Grant Motels but this one is on BUSH) Nothing fancy but clean and comfortable. So if you want CHEAP check it out! Beware IN Golden Gate Park...........we were accosted by a pervert.........I swear I lived in CA for almost 2 years and never had that happen..........but we found 2 gentlemen sitting on a hill and i waved to them and pretended to know them and we sat with them until the perv was gone. When i told my hubby about it ......he said we probably were with the REAL dangerous ones cause the pervert was only looking for reactions..anyway quite a trip!!!

hey guys........if you want to see the weather at MY house......check out this web site...........my hubby likes doing stuff like this for a hobby.......
http://68.204.179.1/weather/wx.htm this one has a picture of our 'back yard' it was taken in 2003 as you can see..........
http://68.204.179.1/weather/index.htm this one has the satellite map on it..................HUbby got this weather system for Christmas........I have to say the guy stays busy
Old 01-09-2006, 10:10 AM   #12  
kitty Momo

Good Morning!

I didn't walk this AM, I ate a piece of birthday cake instead. lol

Cristi - HUGS today. Hope you get some good news on your medical report.

Christine - I wasn't even thinking of age when I read the article. I do think it is inspiring when a person who has been overweight most of their life decides enough is enough and does something about it - even if they are young in age. I was 36 when I finally lost 110 - I think I have 12 pounds of loose skin on me too - .......I hate it! I would never dream of getting in a swim suite with sagging upper thighs -ugh........

grrrrrrrrrr - also I had a dream with Mike in it!! We thought it couldn't get any worse but it did - he was in color too! haha - jerk. I finally decided not to answer back to his mother. Just ignore her (mature?? yes/no??? lol) I have been hurt/insulted enough by those people.!!!

I better get to work. We are inputing our budgets on the computer. TORTURE and BORING - get my through this day Lord!

Chow!

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 01-09-2006 at 10:23 AM.
Old 01-09-2006, 11:50 AM   #13  
I'll call him Con Queso!!

Christine- I would have done the same thing! I once was being harrassed at a bar and grabbed the first bigger guy I could find and pretended he was my boyfriend so that the other one would go away.
Gaby- I also saw that article. I guess I'm not concerned about age (I'm only 23) but I'm concerned about roller coaster dieting. I watched a special on Lifetime Real Women about eating disorders the other night. Mark hates when I watch that stuff, but I used to have major issues about my weight and stopped eating and was addicted to diet pills. So I guess I'm always wanting to here success stories from people who do it the healthy way.
Old 01-09-2006, 01:44 PM   #14  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

I am still nursing this headcold/sinus headache, jeez. But it is better, or so I thought/think. Just can barely talk, which I think V likes! Dealing with an itchy throat now, of course today my head is stopped up again. If it's not better in a couple of days I am going to go to the doc and she what she has to say. Maybe she can give me something stronger than the over the counter stuff. But I do feel like I am getting better.

ELLEN...OMG!!! I was so surprised to see you had posted! I hope you get a computer soon. We have missed you and good to see you posting!

MARTI...thanks! I am sure I am fine it's just the letter through me off. I am so used to getting the same old, everything is normal letter I didn't expect that. To top it off, I am a worrier so of course when I first got it I thought the worst. I'm okay now though. I go tomorrow for some more testing and hopefully they will let me know the results then so I don't have to wait any longer! Waiting is the pits! LOL, about the boots! I think I too should take a cue from Jhanai and start Christmas early, smart girl ya got there!

MEL...I wouldn't pay too much attention to those magazines, too unrealistic. But you are talking about models and hollywood and that's the way they do things, it's not normal and I always see it that way. Plus, they do so much touching up on the photos you never know what's real and whats not. Hope little Allen is feeling better and you got some much needed sleep.

SUSAN...thanks! And don't feel guilty about a burger. That's one thing I quit doing...feeling guilty about what I eat. I try my best to watch the portion size but I do eat what I want. And as long as I exercise and get my water drank I usually do okay. And the bananas too...eat them! I don't see how a banana can be bad for you. About the dating online services...my friend (Connie) isn't looking for a serious realtionship right now, mainly companionship but with someone she has things in common with in case it turns serious. Her ex was a winner let me tell ya, so she's not ready to marry again. She's liking her newfound independence. I didn't see that people magazine but wanted to. Of course now it is gone from the shelves but I may be able to check it out at the library, if they have it. Seems the newer ones are always checked out. Oh, I've not heard of that movie, will have to see what it is about.

ANGIE...I'm with you on a woman having curves. I just think a woman looks better and healthier with curves than just a little skin and bones. I had a friend a few years ago who is 5'9' weighs 110-120, if that...straight as a board and was always talking about needing to lose 5-10 pounds! I asked her where? I just don't know how someone that skinny looks in the mirror and think she needs to lose weight. She wore a size 0-1 jeans! But it stemmed from poor self-esteem, didn't come from the best of families. Her parents were weathly and I thought nice but they didn't always support her and her brother emotionally. I think too she had an eating disorder.

KATY...thanks for the good boob vibes! LOL Like I told Marti, I don't think it is anything but won't know for sure for a couple of days. Hopefully, they let me know tomorrow after the test(s). I'm just a big worrier-wish there was a knob so that I could turn that part of my brain off.

CONNIE...thanks to you also! And I will let you know the results as soon as I know. Bet it was cute watching the kitty with the leaves. I would have had the camera out taking pictures-I take pictures of everything. You would not believe the amount of pictures we, umm, I take of our dog! I cleaned house yesterday also. Already took the decorations down, but I was bored and needed something to do, then I took a nap, lol.

KATHY...wonder what makes kids put things in their mouths that they shouldn't. Surely the cream tasted icky...kids are funny though, and so cute. You just gotta love 'em. Of course I have a friend that eats Vicks when she is sick. Okay, that stuff is nasty enough when I rub it on my chest, I could not imagine eating it! She also likes raw ground beef! She will nibble off of it when she makes hamburgers.

CHRISTINE...that was a cool pic of the back of your house with the weather. Yay, on having two bathroom now! For the early years when the kids were little we had only one and it worked fine. But after having 2 now since they were about 9, I don't know how we did it with one. I saw Big Fish. I think it was Marti that had seen it and was talking about it and I just had to see it. It is a good movie.

MINDEE...well, glad Brandon is fine after eating the cream! ICK! Funny, we called my brother JoJo when he was little also. Joe is his middle name but he is a Jr. so someone started the JoJo nn and it stuck. Today he goes by Joe but there are a few family members that still call him that.

JANE...hope you, Neal and Katie are having a wonderful time in WDW!

Okay, I hope I haven't missed anyone, but Hi to everyone else.

Not much going on today with me. I cleaned house yesterday but will vacuum again today. Also got all my laundry done. V and I are going to go have an early dinner at Olive Garden when he gets home. We received a gift card for OG for Christmas, somebody loves us! Going to try and get in a 1.5-2 mile walk today. Still not feeling so great but I think I need to do a little, at least a mile. Oh, I almost forgot...today was WI and I am down 4 pounds! Woohoo! Made me happy as a lark. I didn't get as much exercise and walking in as I would have liked to but I did watch what I ate so I guess it evened out. I think being sick had some to do with it, because I haven't felt much like eating. Anyway, going to change my signature.

HAVE A GREAT DAY LADIES!
Old 01-09-2006, 01:52 PM   #15  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

Can anyone tell me if there is a stomach bug going around?

For the past week or two, my oldest son Brandon has had a runny nose, cough, basically a cold, which I thought had to do with him cutting his two teeth on the sides in the front. Well, in the past week he has become a pooping machine. In the past couple of days, it seems like every time I turn around I am changing a poopy diaper on him.

He is drinking pedialyte now, and seems to be holding things in. He is his normal active self, so I don't think it is bothering him too much that he can't stop pooping.

off to go make him some soup to see if he can keep that in.
Closed Thread