Old 01-06-2006, 11:18 PM   #1  
Yee Haw!

S/C/G: 278/220/130

Height: 5'4"

Default Need to change my ticker

I had weighed a few weeks back and it was 260. After being on my diet for 2 whole days now, I weighed myself and Im down to 253. There is no way that Ive lost 7 lbs in 2 days! Is that possible?

Ive cut my calorie intake by half and have been trying to be more active. But there is no way that it was enough to lose 7 lbs.
Kamily828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 05:57 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 351 / 282 / 135

Height: 5'3"

Wait, did you weigh 260 a few days back, or a few weeks back? You said you weighed 260 a few weeks back which is why I'm wondering.

Weight fluctuates a lot, could be up to a couple pounds a day -- or more, if you're female and approaching that time of month. It just has to do with how much fluid you're maintaining, mostly. I know I weigh myself almost every day and sometimes it happens that one day I'll weigh 2 pounds less than the previous day -- or 2 pounds more. And I know that over the course of 24 hours there's no way I did 7000 calories of exercise, or ate 7000 extra calories.

That's why a lot of people will weigh themselves weekly, and go off that. Or even monthly. It'll give a better idea of how much weight you really lost if you look at it over the course of a week, not a day or two. So I weigh myself a lot, but that's mostly to remind me how much my weight can differ from day to day. (And it's funny how if I drop 2 pounds I can easily tell myself 'that's just normal fluctuatuation, you really didn't lose that much overnight' but if I gain 2 pounds overnight I'm like 'oh no, I never should have ate those extra mashed potatoes last night, I'm ruined!')
rabidstoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 10:19 AM   #3  
Yee Haw!

S/C/G: 278/220/130

Height: 5'4"

I dont have a scale here at the house. If I did, I would be weighing myself constantly and going nuts. I try and weigh at my moms house on Saturdays if I remember to do it.

The last time I weighed was on the 31st and it was 260. Then again last night on the 6th and it was 253.

I didnt take into consideration about water retention.

Hopefully next Saturday I will weigh a pound or two less than I do now.
Kamily828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 11:03 AM   #4  
Sick of Fat

S/C/G: 240/183/150

You could have very well lost 7lbs It's the water that flows off to begin with! So it is a possiblity! A HUGE one
sabriena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 11:18 AM   #5  

I weigh myself fairly regularly- I have to at times due to my kidney problems & other health problems. I know when my weight is 'stable' (ie: not trying to lose weight), it flucuates in a 5 pound range. Most of it is just differences in water weight from day to day- some days we have more & some days we have less. I remember a few years ago reading an article on the difference in your weight if you weighed before you went to the bathroom or after, with robe on or off, rings on or off, hair wet/dry, before your morning cuup of coffee or after, etc- it basically said there really wasn't that much of a difference but the time of day makes more of a difference. They also recomended that you should try to weigh yourself at the same time of the day, especially if you are going to weigh daily- but even if you weigh weekly/monthly it should be around the same time of the day. Also, its not uncommon to have a big weight loss when you first start eating healthier- you are more then likely getting less sodium & drinking more water. Another thing, was it the same set of scales both times? Scales can varry slightly from one set to another....some will eve varry depending were you stand on them.

Good luck with your weight loss journey!
christineu is offline   Reply With Quote