Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-06-2006, 03:25 PM   #1  
I'm doing it this time!

S/C/G: 189/175/145

Height: 5' 4"

Default My own plan of action.... I will do this!

I've changed my eating since January 1, fed up with how much I weigh, and will be going to weigh if I keep eating the way I do.

I don't eat a bunch of junk anymore. I don't eat all day long anymore. I watch what I eat so that it resembles what a "normal" sized person would eat. I don't eat "diet" food, only less of normal foods.

Before, if we had corn dogs, I would eat 3. Now I will eat 1. I won't eliminate them from my life because I enjoy corn dogs. Same for all the foods I love. I just will eat less of them.

I also walk 2-3 miles a day, which I enjoy.

I eat when I'm hungry, not when I think I should eat. I eat foods I enjoy, not foods everyone says I should. (carrots, tofu, apples....all I can't stand to eat!) I eat less food, not the amount the restaurants put on my plate and say I should eat. I don't binge anymore to the point I feel stuffed, even if my mind tells me to keep eating, it feels so good! I hate that voice. It's wrong. I don't have to eat 2 meals in 1 seating to feel satisfied. I get that now. No more!

I eat bread, cereal, spagetti, tacos, ect....all foods I love! Just in normal portions now. I also eat pineapples, green beans, salads (at restaurants), skinless chicken, vegetable soups, (i.e. "healthy foods"), and other foods I enjoy....but only because I enjoy eating them, not because I have to. I think that's what has messed up my efforts before. I thought I had to eat all the healthy foods, and only healthy foods, whether I liked them or not, to lose weight. After a few days of this, my body was screaming for foods I wanted to eat- all junk. Now, I don't have to worry about that. I want to eat these foods! The only thing I'm working on now is fighting the urge to overeat them again. I may never get past this, but now I know it is possible. I can eat less, and be satisfied too. I think this is detramental.

Anyone else doing it this way? I know it will be slow going, but I'm willing to be patient. What motivates me is knowing I don't have to be over 200 lbs. Defenitely WAS going to happen if I kept eating the way I was, without a doubt.

Heidi
doIlookfat? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 04:10 PM   #2  

Default Good for you!

Heidi,

That's a brilliant approach, and one that I wholeheartedly agree with! It does make such a difference when you're eating everything you don't like...it really feels like a diet.

This could make all the difference for you. Stay strong!

Erika
bchyspice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 04:11 PM   #3  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Sounds very logical to me! Best of luck!
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 04:18 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 264.2/264.2/150

Height: 5'5"

Heidi,
You sound like me The only "real" sacrifice I have made is that i switched from drinking Coke and Dr Pepper, to drinking Diet DrP (its the ONLY diet soda I can stomach) I still eat the same foods as before for the most part, although I do try to ad in some fruits and veggies here and there ( I do like them, it's just a budget issue, fresh veggies seem to cost quite a bit) And when I want a "real" soda, I have one, no big deal. I also still eat pizza, tacos, hamburgers, fries, bread, pasta, and anything else that happens to tickle my fancy, I just make sure I journal it, and fit it into my daily calorie budget (ok, so I dont always stay w/in budget) but so far it works and I'm happy. I never feel deprived, and I think that is the most important part of sticking w/ any weightloss plan.

Good Luck
Jldsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 04:21 PM   #5  
Working on Hot!

S/C/G: 242/225/175

I know where you are comeing from I dont like alot of foods and I have my own plan. I use a note book to keep up with my food intake and my workouts. I also put all my feelings in the book when I am up and when I am down. I try not to be to hard on myself..Instead of drinks(I am on the 12 step program for Mountian Dews lol) I use crystal light on the go packs...I dont even drink diet drinks causeI dont like the taste..You may want to try www.fitday.com its a good site and it helps me out alot. Maybe it you could get some use out of it.

If you want to talk more just pm me...I have been at this for a long time..

Leigh
la3y_un1c0rn_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 04:46 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 269/243/145

I think it is a wonderful plan. It is one that works for me. I eat what I want, I just don't overdo it. I try to make good food choices, but I also make sure it is something I want to eat. I have found that one serving is most often enough. I have also learned to enjoy my food, and when you learn to enjoy a small amount you don't need to eat a ton. Good luck and I hope this works for you.
Jen
gingerjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 05:20 PM   #7  
I'm doing it this time!

S/C/G: 189/175/145

Height: 5' 4"

Thanks for the kind replies.

When I heard of people losing weight and found out what they did, I felt frustrated because that was not something I was willing to do (deprive/starve myself and work out 2-3 hours a day). Then I did a lot of reading and realized it's not the food, it's the amount of calories you consume that decides how much you weigh. I'm not saying this will be easy, but just this one week of cutting back portions and cutting a lot of the junk out has made me feel so much better! No stomach aches, no bloating, no fast dashes to the bathroom (awful, but true!), I feel normal. No amount of gorging myself for the stuffed feeling (why do I love this feeling? I'll never figure out) is worth losing this way of life. And that's what this is, not a diet. Never again will I go on a "diet". I'm going to eat like a normal person, because that's my goal....to be at a normal weight, not necessarily skinny. Just normal.

Thanks for listening.

Heidi
doIlookfat? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 10:45 PM   #8  

You're doing well! I eat small portions, no diet soda's of any kind, no sweets either. because I have elimanted these things, I lost 6 pounds in 2 weeks! Keep doing what your doing; walking is a great form of exercise. I personaly love to sweat! LOL! I swear, I do!!!
Just remember to drink plenty of water and with that water intake, exercise. This flushes away the "goop" (as my daughter calls it).....sweating it out.

Good luck and stay strong!!

emerald dragonfly
emerald dragonfly is offline   Reply With Quote