Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2001, 03:25 PM   #1  
fatter than U

Arrow MMMOOOOOOOving right along

I feel sick. How can people be so evil? Are you cows all ok?
Old 09-11-2001, 03:59 PM   #2  

Default Quiet on the western front

But I'm feeling so sad for all those people and their families. And frustrated that something like this can happen and we're all so helpless to do anything about it.
Old 09-11-2001, 04:29 PM   #3  
fatter than U

Default *sigh*

Hi Wabby! Depressing, isn't it? I have been watching CNN all day and it only gets worse. Who knows where this will end
Old 09-11-2001, 09:43 PM   #4  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

Default hey little sugars and wabbys

Herbie just made a comment to me that I didn't on the radio which has been on all day. A few years back a plane hit the Empire State Building and destroyed ONE FLOOR. Who woulda thought they could knock down the two largest buildings in the world. Probably they didn't know they'd be that successful.

It has been a very weird day.
Old 09-11-2001, 09:54 PM   #5  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Default so sad

we are saying prayers for all our American friends----especially my dear cow-sisters---------my sister was on her way to Phoenix today,and the plane was sent back to Toronto---she often is at the Newark airport,as she goes to New Jersey frequently----this had us all freaked out until she called to report that she was okay-----she said it was so weird to have the plane sent back---they were told that "American Airspace is closed"---but with no explantion----they all found it very odd,but no one told them what had really happened----ANYway---my heart is aching for all those poor souls trapped in those buildings---still alive------what a horrible day....
Old 09-12-2001, 07:53 AM   #6  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

Default waking up

and this is still true. How wonderful it is that they are still bringing people out alive.

I've thought about Lushannie who frequents NY anytime she can plan a field trip there.

Bagzie, our office Canadian has a dd who works in California. The dd called her mom for reassurance yesterday. She was frightened and she's in her 30s. I really think the Bush Brothers said the right thing about not letting fear take over but that's probably a lot easier in Dogpatch than in some place terrorists might more likely be.

Love you all.

Potato Peaches (Herbie says about thin people "ain't no taters on them")
Old 09-12-2001, 08:23 AM   #7  
fatter than U

Wink I'm frightened and I'm almost 40

Yes, it's still true and still awful. Are you writing a story for the Dogpatch Daily, Peachers?

I am worried about Lushbat. Anyone heard from her? She has all those relatives all over the place. And where's Kiwonkow?
Old 09-12-2001, 02:12 PM   #8  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Kiwonk is just depressed..

Makes you just sick, doesn't it?

Today we heard that the miserable subhumans who took the Boston planes were holed up in Portland ME beforehand. Swell. Unfortunately, it's just too easy to go from Canada to the US -- after all we're friends! I wonder if these a**holes ever think about what it's going to be like for their countrymen who live here in the US. I remember the hatred for Iranians during the hostage crisis (yeah, I know, back in the dark ages). It was scary. I expect this will be much worse, for all the talk of not stereotyping groups of people.

Speak up, Lushie-babe. I know you're fine and probably out there collecting blood or something.

Tata, gotta go play ball with my little doggie charge. She is looking at me with those "I know you want to play with me" eyes. My dog is not happy about this young squirt. She just keeps barking at her whenever she dares to come into the living room. They are fine when outside, but Molly considers the living room her private property.

Kiwi
Old 09-13-2001, 10:44 AM   #9  

Default Still can't focus

Has anyone heard from Lush? Knew people on one of the planes. Can't believe any of this. My parents are still here, due to fly home on Sat and are fretting that they won't be able to. I've tried calming them down saying that the worst is that they get to spend a few extra days with ME but you know old(er) folks, any deviation from the plan is upsetting, as though they aren't upset enough.

I feel guilty being in Canada. I know it's stupid but...Wish I was home, or at least in the US.

love to all of you
Old 09-13-2001, 01:38 PM   #10  
fatter than U

Default Frappe's here!

Good to hear from you, darling! I'm sure your parents will get back all right. Are they holding out ok? My parents are arriving Oct. 2 and I know I'll be shaking in my boots until I know they've landed safely. We have relative in Boston. Haven't heard if they're ok but am assuming they are.

Where is Lush??? Did she mail anyone?

Kiwi! Turns out that three more of those miserable sub-humans were holed up in Hamburg(about 1 1/2 hours away from here) for quite a while ,disguised as *students* and got into the US on student visas. Give me a break.

Peace and Love , cows.
Old 09-13-2001, 09:36 PM   #11  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Hiya

Hi Frappe. Feeling like you're in exile? I can understand. It's hard to imagine air traffic being shut down still, but it doesn't look good for trying to get around. Good luck to your parents. Give them something to do. I always get my step dad to prune my apple trees and my mother to polish my silver. haha.

Isn't it astounding that we can still use the Internet all we want, but can't get snail mail from farther than 600 miles or something?

Hi Sugar

I just got a great idea. Instead of bombing Afghanistan, lets airlift about a million TV sets, VCRs, satellite dishes, video games, CD players and American Pie movies and Britney Spears CDs and drop them on the Taliban. They will never recover.

Kiwi
Old 09-14-2001, 08:11 AM   #12  

Default Cruel and Unusual Punishment

Brittney Spears CDs???? The International Community will protest! It's inhumane!!!!

Parents stuck here for a bit. They are getting increasingly agitated. Good idea about finding chores for them. I've made their lives here too easy....waiting on them hand and foot.

I should have them clean DS16's room but they would probably have heart attacks.

Have to go to store and buy more food. I wasn't expecting to continue feeding 7 people for another week.

So many ties to people in NYC. Phone calls keep coming. I can't watch the news anymore. the "human interest" stories tear me apart.

Keep safe, darling cows.
Old 09-14-2001, 03:48 PM   #13  
Most boring housewife.

Default Hello Darlings....

We're all fine. It is very strange here. Lots of people are working up there clearing out rubble or moving all those businesses to Jersey City. It is unbelievable, they say, seeing it on TV doesn't do it justice.
Isn't this the ugliest thing???? It is very scary. I have two nephews in the Army....and some of us have BOYS!!!!! I hope this isn't a long, protracted thing...but something must be done. It sure will change our lives.
This has been tough on the kids. It is pretty close.....they've heard all kinds of horrible things....I remember being a kid during the Cuban Missle Crisis and thinking there were Russians on the roof waiting to shoot us.
I really, really miss my computer....I've de-junked my house...and I'm a better person for having all this free time because I'm not spending all my time on the computer. I'm sure I'll be perfect by the time I get it fixed.
Take care, everyone.
XXXOOO
Lush
Old 09-14-2001, 05:26 PM   #14  
fatter than U

Talking Lusheeeeeee!

So glad you are ok!!! I sent you an e mail but forgot you don't have a computer. We'll buy you a new one.

Yes,it must be awfully hard on the kids to be so close to it all. Mine just don't get it, luckily, and I don't even want them to. We are just trying not to think about what could happen next.

Way to go on dejunking! My parents will be here in TWO WEEKS and I've done nothing but hang on this thing and eat. There's no more time for dejunking, I will just have to move junk to a safe location and lock the door.

See you , darlings!
Old 09-14-2001, 06:51 PM   #15  
Member w/ messiest house

Default How interesting

You have 7 parents, Frappe?

Has everyone else noticed people doing weird stressed-out things? DD's friend, who loves to sing and act, quit Chorus the other day and told the teacher that she couldn't stand her. Then I got a phone call from the mother of another friend telling me that we had to do something about their dance class because the teacher had let in 2 girls who had never danced before and the class was too big and they were going to have a terrible year. This before they had even had a single class yet (which went fine, of course.)

I am stressed out too, from watching all the sad desperate stories. I think the rescue worker said it all when he walked out of the rubble where he was working and said "there aren't people trapped in there; they are crushed." Painful but probably true. It will be so long before it's over for people who are missing someone--you can't blame them for holding out hope, but it's heart-wrenching.

Went and spent over $150 on groceries today, and I'm not even feeding any extra people. It had just been that long since I'd shopped. When I came home, I expected to find DH getting ready to go sailing for the weekend, but he said he had to stick around town because of work. I'm glad.

Good to hear from you, Lushbucket. I'm so impressed that you have dejunked your house. I took about a dozen old books to the library yesterday for their book sale. Whoopdedoo! I've been following Motivated Moms daily lists instead of doing Flylady and am doing a little better. I would always kick myself for doing my "morning routine" at 4:30 in the afternoon. That wasn't helping. Oh well, there's little hope for me, but you never know.

Cheerio ladies
Kiwi
Closed Thread