Old 01-05-2006, 01:00 AM   #1  

Default Could use some help

I know I don't post in this area of the forum but I just feel like I never have anything to say. However now I could use a little help.

We're a mixed religion household, dh is Episcapllian and I am Wiccan. Primarily we have been raising the children to be open to all relgions so that when they are older they can decide what is right for them. So far it is going well but I'm having a little trouble with ds and I was trying to think of remedies for the situation.

About 11 months ago we bought my grandparents house. My ds' bedroom was my great uncle's room when he was alive. We've had no problems the entire time we have lived here but for the past week ds has been having nightmares every night. Last night he even woke up with a bloody nose, not sure if it was related to the nightmares or some other cause. And I swear last night I heard the door knob in his room jiggle on two different occasions. I thought maybe ds was having trouble with the door so I opened it and he was fast asleep on his bed. I'm wondering if maybe he is getting a visitor at night? It's coming up on my unlce's birthday so it could explain why things have been quiet until now. I barely remember my uncle since he died when I was 10 but from talking with my mother I know he was not a nice guy. When she came to visit in May that room was being used as a guest room and she flat out refused to sleep in there.

So anyways am I just being nuts and he's having normal childhood nightmares or is he most likely having a visitor? Any helpful hints on ridding him of his nightmares?

I checked out Pagan Parenting and they had two chants that I plan on having him try tomorrow night. I do have a protection spell but I'm not sure if it would work with nightmares.

Any helpful suggestions would be appreicated or you could tell me I'm completely nuts and it's just nightmares. Either way I'd appreciate some input.
ambabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 01:55 AM   #2  

When I was a child, I used to get visitors all of the the time. At first my parents thought that I was just having nightmares. As I reached the end of my teen years, it stopped. Usually, my mother would bring her Korean church and they'd sing hymns and it would stop. I think that anything that you believe deeply in will help. I still don't know if I was really going through some odd phase or if these things really did happen. I do know that, having the support of my family and knowing that they were doing things to make me feel better...really helped me.
honey-dipped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 10:48 AM   #3  
geeky pagan chick

S/C/G: 265/136/150

Anything's possible. It certainly couldn't hurt to do a little space clearing in his room. Maybe you could spend a little time together cleaning it up (how sexist that I assume it's messy because he's a boy ) And then smudge and asperse it? (burn a little sage and sprinkle salt water) I like a little cleaning chant I picked up at a festival years ago

Sweep sweep sweep the broom, round and round, round the room
Leave leave leave no trace, of negativity in this place.

The other thing I would suggest is maybe some chamomile tea (or other warm non caf beverage) and quiet time before bed for him, so he's nice and relaxed when he goes to bed.
Tani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 11:04 AM   #4  

Thanks ladies. And yes Tani his room is a mess but then again so is his sister's. I was thinking about having him do a spirit busting mist around his room. I also found a goodnight chant that I'm hoping will help. I've got to get something to work because he's not the only one losing sleep over this. I ended up getting only about 4 hours of sleep, on the couch, with an 8 year old on my chest!
ambabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 09:47 AM   #5  

I'd just chime in to recommend salt. Just scatter salt around his bed. Spirits don't like to cross it.

Oh and ask if he is feeling ok at school etc in case its more mundane.

Claire xxx
coley144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 09:27 PM   #6  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

ambabs - have you had any success yet?
mauvaisroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 11:28 PM   #7  
Pending Email Confirmation

i thought i'd put in my 2 cents... I had a room in my old house that just felt wrong. i always got a feeling something very bad had happened in the house and it never quite went away, but this room was particularly bad.
I smudged the whole house and then scattered salt in the rooms as well. Another spell that I found was to just sort of focus your energy on the wish for protection or banishment or whatever it is you want ... focus it into an object, something small that can be buried in the yard by the window or placed in the windowsill. In my case I had this little pewter dragon that was in two pieces - head and tail. I buried the head in the front of the house, the tail in the back, and sort of pictured it in my mind as protecting the whole house... the house definately felt a lot better after that... I no longer felt jumpy in the particularly bad room.
lizziness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 07:08 PM   #8  
Take A Bite..I dare ya!

I don't know how old your DS is. But one thing that worked for us...is "Monster spray" WE took a spray bottle (you get them for a dollar at the dollar store) filled it with water and lavander oil. (the cool thing is Lavander promotes good sleep) and had Logan spray it around his bed. It made a magic barrier that monsters could not cross. It gave a bit of control back to my son.

Another thing is set rules...it is your house. They don 't belong there..Either state that you want them to leave now...and you are not going to take any muff....or if you think it might be family and do n't want to kick them out...order them out of your boys room....State that room is off limit....your house...your rules..
RottenApple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 03:08 AM   #9  

Another suggestion is you could teach your son about visualization and teach him to manifest a bubble of protection around himself and use his own power of intention to push away any unwanted presence. It may also help to crack a window and burn some incense under it while doing this.
Jane Pagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 12:46 AM   #10  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

I lived in a house in WA that had a spirit. She and her crying baby used to drive me nuts. I finally asked her to leave, and she did. (I then missed her, but I had too much going on in my life at the time) I really hope you found a solution, this is heartbreaking to read about.
flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 11:26 AM   #11  
Lisa

S/C/G: 205/205/145

I agree that burning sage and projecting a positive energy into the room is the way to go. Maybe this is something you and your son could to together, again, giving him some power back. I'm sure he just feels helpless right now. This is a hard situation, but as was stated in one of the posts above, it's your house now. I say smudge with sage and then asking the spirits to either leave or be nice! Good luck!
oh_surfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 11:43 AM   #12  

If it is becoming physical, you might have a harder time getting rid of the problem. They tend to be a lot more stubborn. I would cleanse his entire room! I say this because if you just put a barrier around his bed, it's only protecting him when he's *in* it. What about when he's playing in there... It could turn into day time attacks as well. Nip it in the bud before that can happen. In the past I have worked a thorough cleansing through my house, and while it takes some time, 1 room will be easier than a whole house.

First you might want to take the time to clean his room, and get it organized. Yeah, it'll be messed up fast afterwards, but at least it'll be clean for the cleansing.

1. Gather:
white candle (fire)
salt (earth)
water
purifying incense (or sage bundle) (air)

You have your 4 elements in those items. Pull everything away from the wall so you can walk the whole room with ease along the walls.

Take each item around, beginning in the east, going deosil and chant "I banish all negativity and evil from this room!" Or insert what ever you please..
Hold the candle, etc. each time along the wall being sure to get the corners, and his closet. Take each one around and do the same thing. Sprinkle the water on the floor along the wall.. Be sure to get the door way as well. If he has any mirrors in the room cleanse them too. They are known entry ways. My trad and high priestess are fond of banishing negativity widdershins, but if you are not comfortable doing so, then do everything deosil. I think it's a personal choice. Oh, and as you take each element around the room, visualize it's appropriate color leaving a colored mist ring around the room.

Monster spray is fun. My youngest loves it. Salt around the bed is good also, and make sure that your son is the one to do it. He is putting his own energy into his protection. But I would do a full cleansing of the room first. As the adult, you have more experience or power methods.

Hope this is helpful. I just think something more thorough is necessary since it is showing to be physical with the bloody noses. I just don't think salt around the bed will completely fix it, but after the cleansing, still have your son participate in the salt or spray. Good luck. I'd be very curious how it goes.
Falon is offline   Reply With Quote