Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2006, 06:17 PM   #1  

Default Home of the Loozing Floozies.....(#61)

Hello

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!
Old 01-05-2006, 05:45 AM   #2  

I really like the new thing showing how many are viewing the threads. That's really cool!

Dee-Are you sure the weight gain isn't from the increase in your boobs?? LOL!! I'm sure that added some weight to you. Isn't funny the way we think that we have eaten so much, then when really adding up, it isn't that much? 7 chocolates sounds like a lot, but at least you stopped right there and know to go on and count them in your WPA.

Gayle-That's great about Steve following Core with you. It helps to have someone else doing it.

We aren't picking the car up for Patty until tomorrow. The guy got called to Miami unexpectedly for today. I'll go get the cashier's check today and Mike will take it by tomorrow. Patty is really looking forward to the car, even though she won't be able to drive it yet. We will still need to get a tag and the insurance before she turns 16.

Sherry-I'm so curious, would you share where you are posting these days? I will understand if you don't want to tell us.

Off to another grueling day of work......
Old 01-05-2006, 08:03 AM   #3  
Losing it!

Shelley, tell Patty congrats on the car!!! There is no better feeling at the age of 16, then knowing you are sitting in your very first car ever!!!

I'm spending my free time here on this board or visiting the core thread on the WW site. I agree with journaling...I dread Wednesdays at work because I go in early in the A.M. work straight through until 2:00. In the morning I am never hungry but usually by the time I get off, I'm starving. I had a serving of shredded wheat with skim milk before I left for work. Wasn't hungry, but thought it would help...I was still starving by the time I made it home. I wanted to eat everything! I decided to eat, but only core choices and journal. By the time I had snacks, meal etc. it all balanced out and wasn't a bad day at all even though I felt like I had food in my mouth for about 2 hours straight!

Dee, you may be shifting your weight? Or with the switching of meds it could be some water retention?

Sher, thanks for starting the new thread! PLEASE stick around here too...K?
Old 01-05-2006, 09:39 AM   #4  

Should I be worried about the Floozie forum? No matter where else I post, this is where I consider "home" and you are the ones I consider my family.

I'll try to do better this year with staying on top of things and actually coming around.

Shelley--I am so proud that you and Mike (and YOUR parents) were able to make Patty's dream of owning a car come true. I know how you feel with the MIL woes (even though I don't have kids yet). Have you lost your holiday weight yet? I can't believe you ran 51 miles in one week!!! That is absolutely incredible--I'm so proud of you!

Gayle--I got my Christmas card in the mail yesterday. Do I need to send you .37 for next year?

Ramona--so good to see a post from you. And I totally second the sentiment of a stress-free 12 months. My life could handle a little "boring" right now! So glad Dan is home with you.

Man, it's tough for me to post at the "top" of a thread, because my memory of who said what in the previous thread just totally sucks!! I think it was Janice who said that she checks in but doesn't post when she's doing badly? If not, forgive me, BUT, the point is--who ever said that--I know EXACTLY what you mean!! I check in *almost* every day, but I rarely post, either because I have so much going on--or absolutely nothing going on!! I do, do, DO care about each and every one of you, though, and I care about what's happening in your lives!

Sherry--I'm glad that your colonoscopy is over! Man, that prep is a killer! I hope that now that you've been diagnosed you'll be able to "fix" some of the problems. Knowing what's wrong with you is the first step. I'm glad you had a happy birthday!

Dee, darlin', Please be careful with your heart. Does your doctor want you to give up exercising ALL TOGETHER? It seems as though at least a little exercise would actually help your heart. Have you tried to compromise with him? You know, just ask about walking 30 minutes/day or something non-strenuous? Surely there's something he'll allow that won't jeopardize your health.....

Hello to Debbie, Vicki, Suzy, Carol, Jennelle (if you ever check in), Titan Dee (if you ever lurk), Doni and all my other Floozie's.

Love you all,
Cheryl

Last edited by 4myloves; 01-05-2006 at 09:45 AM.
Old 01-05-2006, 12:49 PM   #5  
Janice

Cheryl - good to hear from you. It was me saying that I don't post when I'm doing bad. I feel like I don't have a right to be in the forum when I'm eating too much. I read the posts everyday, sometimes two or three times.
I am following Weight Watchers points right now. I hope I can stay on program. I can't bend my knees hardly at all. I washed the bathroom floor today laying on my side. I hope its just the weight and not something more. It gets so depressing to not be able to move properly. I am hoping that joining a gym with a pool will help get my joints moving. I starting taking Lakota for arthritis too. I'm just trying to find things that work.
Shelley - congrats on the new car for Patty.
Dee- Please be careful with your heart.
I do feel like you are all my friends, but I feel like I'm letting everyone down when I gain all my weight back.
Hello to everyone!!
Old 01-05-2006, 01:15 PM   #6  
Losing it!

Janice & Cheryl, I am an expert loser even better yet, I can gain weight at the drop of a hat! At one point, I was close to the same weight as Shelley and Dee, only to gain all of it (plus more) back! Through all the gains & losses, I know I have friends & support here though. One of my biggest fears is that we will all eventually quit posting here because of personal issues, work schedules or depression. I value everyone on this thread as a special friend and hope we can all continue to check in and share (regardless if it is good or bad)
Old 01-05-2006, 02:57 PM   #7  

Well, Gayle, I know you know that this forum has faced rough times in the past, but we've pulled through each one of them. I think we can again. People will come around and post as they have time, and in the mean time, we'll keep things going--it only takes two people to have a conversation, right?

And I know that there will always be a group of us here. We are Floozies together, after all. No fun being a Floozie all alone (then people may start to talk )
Old 01-05-2006, 03:47 PM   #8  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

To all you who posted about me seeing my son in the last thread ~ It's been over a year since I last saw him in person. I know he loves me any size just like the rest of the family...I'm just really looking forward to his first reaction!

Dee ~ I'm sorry that the reports from your doctor and cardiologist were conflicting. Would it be possible for you to get a third opinion to maybe clear up some of the confusion? Either way...take care of yourself and don't over do!

Shelley ~ I'm sure Patty is so excited! She will have such fun getting her car ready for the day she can finally get behind the wheel and take it out on the road!

Gayle ~ Is there something small that you can take with you to work that you can eat quick while you're at work on Wednesdays? Maybe some kind of protein bar? That might help you from being so hungry when you get home.

Cheryl and Janice ~ Post! We are here for you! It doesn't matter if you're being good or bad...just stay in touch and let us know that you're here.

I'm hoping that we'll be able to go pick up my treadmill this weekend and then I'll start posting in the exercise thread too. We decided to wait until after Christmas to get it because it was going in the room where the tree was and I didn't want a huge box sitting in the way over the holidays. Then Tim's uncle passed away and we had the funeral and things going on, so we put it off again. SO if nothing else happens we'll be getting it this weekend!
Old 01-05-2006, 03:49 PM   #9  

Suzy, when your son comes home it'll be almost like a personal version of "Extreme Makeover"!!!! Too bad you can't film his reaction to you at your "unveiling," that would be too cool!
Old 01-05-2006, 09:46 PM   #10  
Losing it!

In my email today!

TWAS THE MONTH AFTER CHRISTMAS:

Twas the month after Christmas and all through the house
Nothing would fit me -- not even a blouse.

The cookies I'd nibbled -- the eggnog I'd taste
All the holiday parties had gone to my waist.

When I got on the scales there arose such a number
When I walked to the store (less a walk than a lumber)

I'd remember the marvelous meals I'd prepared
The gravies and sauces and beef nicely rared

The wine and the rum balls -- the bread and the cheese
And the way I'd never said: No thank-you, please.

As I dressed myself in my husband's old shirt
And prepared once again to do battle with dirt.

I said to myself -- as I only can
You can't spend a winter disguised as a man.

So - away with the last of the sour cream dip
Get rid of the fruit cake -- every cracker and chip.

Every last bit of food that I like must be banished
Till all the additional ounces have vanished.

I won't have a cookie - not even a lick
I'll want only to chew on a long celery stick

I won't have hot biscuits -- or corn bread -- or pie
I'll munch on a carrot and quietly cry.

I'm hungry - I'm lonesome -- and life is a bore...
But isn't that what January is for?

Unable to giggle - no longer a riot
Happy New Year to all & and to all a Good Diet!
Old 01-05-2006, 10:16 PM   #11  

Gayle, I loved the poem! So true!!!!

I've been reading all the posts!!!! I'll be honest, I'm not myself these days. I'm so worried about my colon biopsy.Wayne tells me not to worry but it's not him having to wait for the results. How can you NOT worry?! But I said a prayer last night and told God that I knew he wouldn't give me more then I can handle. If it is cancer, I'll go through chemo and beat it!! I'll let you all know when I get the results (I jump everytime the phone rings!)

Love & miss you all!
Old 01-05-2006, 10:28 PM   #12  
Losing it!

Sher, I am praying too... I am praying for the white light of the holy spirit to surround you in peace, comfort and well being. Did the doctor give you any idea of when the test results would be available? I'm sure Wayne is concerned too...men want to "fix" everything and make it better. At this point, he probably doesn't know what else to say. Know I'm here for you if you need a shoulder. LOVE YOU!!!
Old 01-06-2006, 06:03 AM   #13  

Sherry-I am praying for you. Polyps are really no big deal. Lot's of people get them, so hopefully everything will be fine. I know how you feel though, because I was the same way waiting for the breast biopsy.

It is supposed to get very cold here this weekend. Lows in the 30's. Should be interesting running!

One of our little students was diagnosed with leukemia over the holiday. It's not looking good. They caught it in a later stage. Please say a prayer for Robert.
Old 01-06-2006, 08:46 AM   #14  
Losing it!

Prayers sent for little Robert, Shelley. Please keep us updated on his condition. Is he still able to attend school at this point?
Old 01-06-2006, 08:48 AM   #15  
Janice

Sherry - I understand how you feel, but please try not to worry. When do your get your test results?
Gayle - That poem sure hits the mark. We needed that, it puts it into perspective.
I'm trying to stay on program, one day down! Rest of my life to go.
Closed Thread