Old 01-03-2006, 11:50 PM   #1  

Default I am done

That thought occured to me last night as I was researching and putting together my weightloss plan.

"I'm done". I don't want to be like this anymore. I miss who I was 2 years ago, I miss all my beautiful clothes, still in my closet, that I couldn't put on with a crowbar now. I miss being outdoors, not being afraid to go swimming or to wear a tank top. I miss feeling beautiful and healthy.

You know, I also miss being able to make friends. I never knew how much people are image driven until I gained all this weight and had to deal with the stares, and the comments, and the total back-offedness of new people.

No, I'm not doing this for them. This is for me, my husband who still thinks I'm a babe and my children who will never have to deal with this problem (weight) on my watch.

I am done. I am changing everything. The way my whole family eats, how we excersize (or lack thereof) and how I look at food. I will see myself in a summer dress, taking a walk with my family this summer. Because I am done.

Anyone else, done? :
LivingWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 02:03 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Yeah, I was "done" 6 months (and 55 pounds) ago. I weighed nearly 300 pounds, couldn't shop at Lane Bryant anymore (!!) and was just lugging my lardy self everywhere.

I had resigned myself to being fat, too. How sad.
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 08:49 AM   #3  
One pound at a time...

LW to the group. As you read more and more threads you will see we all have (at one time or another) hit our rock bottom that we were not going to be the way we are anymore. We all have are successes and struggles, and this group is great for support, new ideas, or just a swift kick to the derriere if that is what is needed. Post often so we can get to know you.
ChocLabLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 09:26 AM   #4  

I always used to talk about the "click". Ppl asked me when I lost 60 lbs how I did it. Something "clicked in my head", that I was never able to explain. Obviously, I am looking for that "click" again, and I am pretty sure it has happened again.

I just read "A little Million Pieces", one of the Oprah books, and while it waw about a drug addict, I related alot to it, I have a very addicting personality. To make a long story short, he stood his ground the entire time in rehab-it's a decision, not an illness. He chooses wether to be an addict or not. At the end of the book, I agreed to a point. I choose to weigh 264 lbs. Now, I choose not to. Everytime food is in my face, screaming my name or teasing me, I must stop and ask myself "Is it worth it"? Nope. It's not.

Lwater: You are not alone.
Jenniffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 06:00 PM   #5  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

I am done too. It is strange - I know the "click" happended for me. I remember the same thing happening before I quit smoking about 5 years ago. I had smoked for 10 years and it was so much a part of my image. Somehow, after trying several times to quit, it was suddenly OK - I didn't need to smoke anymore. Now, all of a sudden, it is OK - I don't need to be fat anymore. I feel so strong and so capable, and I know that I will never look back.
NotTheCheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 07:54 PM   #6  

I'm really motivated by you all. We're all in the same boat and you guys are doing great. : I'm thinking I'll start a blog about this journey, update it with pictures, etc. Maybe someday right a book. I feel like actively fighting this thing, whatever it is. I'm glad there is so much support out there. Glad to be a part of a fabulous group like this.
LivingWater is offline   Reply With Quote