Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 01-03-2006, 01:24 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 229

Height: 5'4"

Default Lap Nissen Fundoplication 12/14/05

I know I have not had nearly the surgery you guys have, but if any of you are familiar with this surgery I did lose about 1/3 of my stomach so that it could be wrapped around my esophagus due to severe GERD. I have not had heartburn since surgery.

I, like you, am not able to eat huge amounts of food. I also struggle with my weight. I weighed 221 before surgery and am now down to 207.

I have to eat soft foods, lots of stuff gets stuck in my esophagus due to the swelling so I have to chew, chew, chew.

I am looking for weight loss support and ideas on what to eat.

Any help/support appreciated.

Heidi
SWTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 07:04 PM   #2  
unemployed karma fairy

S/C/G: 245/146/149

Height: 5'5"

Welcome, SWTE! You've come to the right place for support. I hope you feel comfortable sharing with us!
indigo child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 08:26 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 229

Height: 5'4"

Thanks Indigo for the warm welcome!

While I'm on this soft diet phase, I try to eat and end up getting food stuck in my esophagus and thank God I am able to bring it back up and spit it out (vomit). With this surgery lots of people are unable to burp or vomit and I am very lucky that I can do both.
SWTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 09:59 PM   #4  

Sounds VERY similar to the sensations and some of the limitations following WLS. Watch your carbs and calories and keep up with your nutritional needs and this may well be a positive change for you all round!
hubs is offline   Reply With Quote