Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2006, 04:04 PM   #1  

Height: 5'1"

Smile Jades Ladies Challenge

We've had this challenge here before and by request, we're going to restart it again!! It started in the Support thread, and since most of us don't get a chance to venture far from our little corner of the woods, I thought I would have one for us.

Here is how it works. You choose something that you would like to work on and do it for 21 days. (to make it a habit) Such as drink 80oz. of water , walk a mile, or what ever else may come to mind. You do a count down. But if you miss a day...you start over to day one. And you can start over many times, but if you're constantly starting over.....well then....I would say maybe you should find something else to work on for 21 days.

Also, during the days you're sick and your body just doesn't feel good, we have what we call a "pause". You pause your efforts until you're feeling better and just continue from what day you stopped.

Simple you say.....believe me,,,,it's not as simple as it sounds...there have been times that I just had to start over.

And just a reminder, this is not a competition against others. We are not competing, we are trying to make better habits in our lifestyles and this is just one way to help kick start it.

So anyone like to join???
Old 01-02-2006, 04:13 PM   #2  
ugggg.....

Okay, I have actually started with this--no more regular high calorie Coke & replace it with the recommended 8 - 10 (8 oz) glasses of water a day. I haven't had a reg Coke since Thursday and I am up to 5 glasses of water a day.
Old 01-02-2006, 04:22 PM   #3  
RosieKate

I'm in! I'm going to keep a food diary and post the daily totals - that should motivate me.

Old 01-02-2006, 09:07 PM   #4  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Thumbs up

Thanks Marti for starting the thread! I know how busy you are and I came here tonight to specifically find the old thread and start a new one for you/us. But ya beat me to it!

I'm also in! I actually started today but won't start counting until tomorrow because my challenge is more than one thing, sort of. It's basically getting back on track with drinking my four bottles of water every day (on number three right now & I won't get a #4 this close to bed, thus the reason to start counting tomorrow), take my vitamins and get that exercise in. The exercise...while I plan on working up to 3-4 miles a day, my challenge will just be to get in no less than a mile. So here's to tomorrow ladies
Old 01-02-2006, 09:48 PM   #5  
Not Giving Up

Height: 5'9"

Default water challenge

Yes for the next 21 days the challenge will be to have water in my cup, and refill it about 8 times during the day. Mmm water.

I actually found a water jug at wal-mart that holds 8 glasses. I will get some good weight training in my arms from carrying that around.
Old 01-02-2006, 09:57 PM   #6  
A Turtle loser

S/C/G: 254/239/200

Hi Ladies,
this is good now there are so many aeras that need tweaking, but I'll start at being mindful of eating since thanksgiving I've been off the wagon.
Better healthyer choices
Old 01-03-2006, 08:26 AM   #7  
I'm a good girl, I am!

Hum.........this is a hard one since I've just started (which really means I could fall off the 'wagon' on any of my goals )

I will keep track of my foods on Fitday.com for 21 days and anyone is allowed to read it and give advice........but I have to say this first I'm learning and I'm not giving up ANYTHING just watching HOW much I eat and trying to do it in a healthier manner

the web site below is my public accounting of Fitday foods
Old 01-03-2006, 08:37 AM   #8  
RosieKate

Good morning! Yesterday was Day 2
1606 cals.
10 glasses fo water

I'll catch up in Chit Chat later today

Old 01-03-2006, 12:26 PM   #9  
One day at a time

Thumbs up Day 1 down, 20 to go!

Fatandsassycat...that's okay. You have to do what works for you. And I too eat what I want. Not counting calories or points but just being mindful of what goes in my mouth. Just cutting back and getting the exercise in. Which by the way...I did.

It was so nice getting up early and getting it out of the way. I did a 1.53 mile walk, 25 mns. on the exercise bike and about 10 mns. with the weights. and I just finished bottle #3 of the water so definitely will get one more in, if not two. I will go ahead and say Day 1 is down. And I've taken my vitamins also. My exercise schedule is to work my way up to 3-4 miles on M, W & F (just focusing on one mile for sure right now)and on Tues, Thurs & Sat walk one mile, 20 mns. on the exercise bike and do weights. Right now with the weights I am only doing about 10 mns. but want to work up to about 30 eventually.
Old 01-03-2006, 03:53 PM   #10  

Height: 5'1"

I've got to clean my area up before I can get the gazelle out. (No room for it!) But as soon as I do, I'll be on there 30mins everyday. That'll be my challenge.

So...off I go to clean up!
Old 01-03-2006, 05:29 PM   #11  
ugggg.....

No Coke!!! 3-16 oz waters so far--I'll drink another one on the way home and maybe another one while I am at Slim-n-Tone--that will give me 10 * oz glasses--I've also lost 4 of the 5 lbs I gained over Christmas!!
Old 01-04-2006, 08:39 AM   #12  
RosieKate

Good Morning!

Day 3

1810 cals
9 glasses of water

See you in Chit Chat

Old 01-04-2006, 08:53 PM   #13  
ugggg.....

Another day of 10 glasses of water and no coke--had a killer caffiene headache today!!!
Old 01-04-2006, 09:25 PM   #14  
One day at a time

Thumbs up 2 down...19 to go!

Hi ladies...

Hope everyone made it through another day OP.

I am not sure how I did it but I forced myself to do 3 miles. I had done 1.16 earlier but am having a killer sinus headache and wasn't going to do anymore. Well, I pushed myself really hard to get on that treadmill and finish! Now I think I will turn in early after I shower. Still not feeling great. Also, drank my 4 bottles of water today (had 5 yesterday) and took my vitamins which was a little hard with my throat feeling like it's closing up! Anyway, nighty, night ladies.

Ooopsie! Forgot to say that I walked a total of 3 miles today! YIPPEE! Sort of...
Old 01-05-2006, 08:31 AM   #15  
RosieKate

Day 4
1810 cals
10 glasses of water

Closed Thread