Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-01-2006, 09:57 PM   #1  

Red face 23 and determined to make a change NOW!!!

Hi everyone, My name is Kristine, I am 23 and it is time for a change NOW!!! I have been the fat girl all my life. Now I want to be able to look in the mirror and appreciate what I see. I need to lose this weight for me and for my health. It scares me when I go to the doctor for one thing and all the doctor can do is talk about my weight. I knew for a long time I needed to make a change and I prayed to God for some kind of help. Finally, he sent me my friend who has the same problem as me. He sent her to support and motivate me, which is exactly what I needed. I am also here to push and encourage her to go that extra mile when times get hard and she feels weak. (Now we both have no excuses) We just joined the gym and are starting a healthy diet tomorrow. This is it, my time is now, I feel like "06" is the year for change and new beginnings. So, I encourage and support all of you in your weight lose goals and I hope you do the same for us. This is our year everyone!!!
DeterminedMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 10:03 PM   #2  

Thats Right Sunshine!!!!!! I Love You Hunny Bunny, And I Will Be Here For You Every Single Step Of The Way!!!!!!!
ThErEaLmE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 11:17 PM   #3  
iwillmakeit

S/C/G: 205/173/110

Height: 5'4

You can do it!!! Just believe in yourself and take it one step at a time. There will be ups and downs, but surely you can get there!!!! Always remember we're here for you!!! Good Luck!!!
tsots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 11:28 PM   #4  
At 5:00

S/C/G: 207/195/120

Height: 5'3''

Yes, you can do it! With a support system, it's fool-proof. . It feel's fantastic to make that decision, doesn't it? Good luck to ya.
wednesdaymorning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 12:37 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 305/305/120

Welcome Kristine, I'm new here also and want to wish you luck on this difficult journey. Keep at it and before you know it, the year will be over, and you can start 2007 a healthier you!
FreshStart06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 12:53 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Good luck - just please don't forget to plan for what you're going to do when you've reached your goal weight. As a former dieter who always gained weight back, I was never successful long term until I planned for maintenance. Losing weight is hard, keeping it off is harder.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 10:56 PM   #7  

Red face Thank you!!!

Thank you all for those encouraging words and support. We started the gym today and I must say the first day was a little hard, but my determination is still there. I hope everyone had a great day today and thanks again for all your support!!!
DeterminedMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 02:21 PM   #8  
SuperFreak

S/C/G: 330/319/150

Height: 5"5

Hey good to hear that you have decided to make the changes to get to a healhty you.
What ever you do keep the focus. The drive you have to be a more healthy you is exactly what you need. Do what exersise you can do then gradually as it becomes easy challenge yourself more. You ever need any help any input feel free to come here and ask and just vent we all know what your going thru and are more than willing to offer some support !!!!
You can do this !!!!!
MorticiaAddams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 08:57 AM   #9  

Hi Kristine,

Welcome to the board. I, too, am a newbie. I am also 23 and have decided to make a change. I know exactly how you feel. I will agree with everyone else, it is so important to have support around you, and with a group of wonderful women such as the ones on this forum, we'll all succeed.

Take care and best of luck to you.

Chantal
Chanty1483 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 09:15 AM   #10  

Height: 5"4

Kristine,
Welcome to the board and to this wonderful experience. I too have a lot to loose, but knowing that I have people who know exactly how I feel around me encouraging me and doing it with me help me so much. Good luck!
cinnamonspice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 09:25 AM   #11  

Congratulations on making that first difficult step! You know you will have support here and with your friend so best of luck to you both!!!
autumnah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 09:31 AM   #12  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

I'm 23, too, and boy do I know where you're coming from! My all-time high was last winter at about 310.5 pounds, and I've recently been down to about 270 (although I'm up from there now for the holidays, but that shouldn't take too long to shake). Good luck, and feel free to PM me if you want!
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 09:53 AM   #13  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Howdy Determined Me!

Welcome to the board (I'm 23 too!) I've been a heavy person all my life (well apart from maybe last year) but it IS possible to change, it IS doable. Easy? No. Nothing worth having is. Just remember, when you feel like flagging and it feels hard, THERE IS NO EASY WAY.

And if that's depressing, then just think of the satisfaction when you DO go out and exercise and when you DO eat well. It's not just the numbers on the scale or the clothes sizes, it's the internal changes that are the best ones.

Good luck :
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote