Thread: Thin Group #62
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2001, 09:39 AM   #6
Jello
Long Lost Chickie

Like all the rest of you, we've been glued to the TV's and radios here. Everything in Philadelphia was shut down yesterday with everyone wondering if something else in the area was going to be hit. Today, many places are still closed. I spent some time yesterday evening in the VFW and watched those people on TV singing God Bless America. Couldn't swallow past the lump in my throat. Today we've been getting faxes, phone calls and emails from all our company's foreign representatives and distributors. They're all asking what we're asking. How can this happen to AMERICA!?!?!

Chrissy, I thought of you and your trip to Las Vegas. Tell you what. Reschedule it for mid-October and maybe we really will meet up there.

Meanwhile, I guess the whole country will just have to wait and see what happens next. My brother works at an Air Force Base in Ohio. They were in lock-down yesterday and finally allowed to leave if they passed through the check-point and had their bags inspected, etc. Rich and I live near the air base down here and saw the only planes that were allowed to be in the air, the military jets, etc. taking off and landing. We'll be driving up through New Jersey again at the end of the month to go back to Boston. And when we pass the New York skyline and look over as we usually do .......

Love you guys.
Jo.