Old 12-30-2005, 11:36 PM   #1  

Talking emerald dragonfly's group...........................

Hello ladies!

I have to appalogize for not posting for our group. I had to go back to the doctors again this morning. To make a long story short, she gave me an OTC med to buy, I had a very bad allergic reaction to it. I got HIVES all over my face, arms, even my scalp. I am sooo itchy!! LOL! But, I will survive!

Okay, did you all weigh in this morning? Well, there is 2 members who have their special day to weigh in but those who did weigh in, how did you do? I lost 2 pounds and can tell. I feel good except for this head cold. My pants feel good on me instead of tight when I sit down. I even noticed in my journal, I have cut back on alot of carbs, and sweets. Also alot more exercise and water. I am proud of myself and it 's all due to you all! I love it here!

Okay, I was thinking that every Sunday, each person gets to choose a new challenge. It's up to you. The new person would give us a challenge starting Monday and end Sunday. Would you like to do that? I personally think this would be great because that way, everyone gets to have their input on what they lack in. Like one may need to drink more water or one might need to exercise 10 minutes longer...It's all up to you gals. Let me know how you feel about this. I want this to be a group effert, not an individual effert. Any and all ideas are welcome. I want us to succeed in the one thing we want as a group......healthy lifestyle.

Okay, who's next? Don't feel bad if you haven't lost any weight. If you feel like you don't want to display your weight, don't. We not here to point fingers and "shame-shame" anyone. We all drifted before.

Let's see how much weight we can lose together. Who wants to keep tabs on the groups weight loss??? All you have to do is keep track of the total weight loss each week. Let me know!

Hugs!

emerald dragonfly
emerald dragonfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 12:54 AM   #2  

CONGRATS on your loss... I will be weighing Monday night... that's just easiest for me to track because of my TOPS meeting...

I am not great with coming up with ideas.... I will do my best, but not the creative one here... I DEFINITELY use the OTHER half of my brain...lol

How many do we have in our group... I may be up to keeping tabs (I did it for our Biggest Loser challenge at school)...lol Give me a list and we are on our way....

Let me know... and way to go girl.... Keep on losing!!!
Deanna7272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 08:23 PM   #3  

Thumbs up

There are 9 of us but only 8 have confirmed to be in the group. It should be easy...just take the weight we lost and keep adding it up. Don't worry about the names of the members.

I am still sick. I can hardly keep my eyes opened right now...LOL.....I need to go to bed again. I have been up & down all day on my couch. I HATE HEAD COLDS!!!!!!! I have been taking Benedryl for the hives and it's making me sleepy. The box says "NON-DROWSY." Right.

Anyway, I hope all is well with everyone. Have a happy new year! Please don't over indulge yourself with all the snacks. They are loaded with hidden carbs....Ritz, cheese (fatty), alcohol, remember: do not drink and drive!!!,

Take care and I'll see ya' all next year!

emerald dragonfly
Old 01-01-2006, 04:18 AM   #4  

Oh.... Benadryl = sleepy time for me... I had an episode (about 6 months worth) of hives and facial swellings.... They put me on Zyrtec, knocked me out, Allegra was good for me... but the swellings subsided so I have had to use them lately... With hte swellings, I was swollen 3 out of my 5 day honeymoon and even rushed to the ER with my tongue starting to swell... it was TERRIBLE...

I need to know these people so I can keep track of who weighs in and who doesn't... What is our overall goal?
Hope you feel better...
Old 01-01-2006, 04:16 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 319/307/145

Height: 5'8"

OK Gloria and Deanna! I'm here! YAY!
Let's get the party started!

Softykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 04:46 PM   #6  
dgpebbles

Hi Gloria, Deanna & Kristy...I'm here and ready to start off the new year..I did weigh-in friday and was down 2 1/2 lbs for the week..

Gloria-Sorry to hear your still sick..Hope you kick that bug soon

Kristy- How are you feeling are you still sick too?

I have a suggestion to help keep up with our weight loss as a group...We can choose our last weigh-in day(example Fri 12.30-05) has our start weight and post our start and current weight on our signature...That would be a easy way to track total loss for year to date...But I'm not sure how you want to track it as a group(if your doing group weekly, monthly or ytd) just a thought.
dgpebbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 08:14 PM   #7  
Fig

Hello and Happy New Year, everyone! I'm here and ready to go. I'll use this (Sunday) as my weigh in day. I'll post my weight next week. Sorry that this is so brief, but I'm dead tired and have to take my meds and get into bed. Talk to you later! Marion
Fig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 11:42 PM   #8  

Thumbs up

Well, first off..I AM BETTER!!!!!!!!!! I actually got out to do some shopping.
Okay, the weighing in thing as a group, we can do it monthly. Deanna, I'll email you the names. How about 20 pounds for this month..total? I have to tell you all that I have never been so motivated in my whole life! I work really hard; DDR is my thing. LOL! But more than that, I have "met" the most wonderful people here!

I don't know If I told any of you, but 2 weeks before Christmas, my grandpa passed away. It hurt me sooo much of his death, I started to eat anything and everything. Then, 4 days later, I was in the computer and I typed in something...can't remember, and it brought me here! I was so amazed of all the motivation that I could feel the warmth of the love and caring everyone had for each other. I knew I belonged here. I hope I have and will inspire/motivate you all and anyone who needs it. I am not perfect, but I am positive when If I happen to fall, you'll all pick me up!

dgpebbles- I am very proud of you!! Keep it up girl!

Deanna- I don't know if you got my email but I pulled your name out of my "hat" and you get to choose this weeks challenge! Congrats! Don't worry, pick something you might need to work on. Most likely, we all probably need to work on it also. let us know by tomorrow night..well, try to, okay? If you can't think of anything, I have a list of "to do" things. LOL!

I hope everyone has a good year! My thoughts & prayers are with you all.

emerald dragonfly
Old 01-01-2006, 11:55 PM   #9  

Hi, Everyone and Happy New Year!!!

Okay, all of my relatives are gone, the decorations have come down and most importantly ALL THE TREATS ARE OUT OF THE HOUSE.....YEAH!!!!

I am up a few pounds after the holidays. My family sugared me to death and I caved a bit too much but I am really excited to get started.

I like the idea of coming up with challenges too and look forward to getting to know LESS of all of you !

I am starting at 168.

Cat
ICANCHANGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 03:36 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgpebbles
Kristy- How are you feeling are you still sick too?
Yup, still sick! UGH! It's been 3 weeks almost.

Hey Cat & Marion! Welcome to the club!

So.... Deanna..... what's the challenge huh?
hehe you got picked first!
Old 01-02-2006, 04:01 PM   #11  

Alright.. I guess I am the "LUCKY" one for the first challenge. I am not the "creative" one of the group, but I am going to throw this one out here (because I NEED it...lol)

Our 1st challenge.... (No drumroll, PLEASE...lol)

To increase our water consumption. I have been having a tough time with consuming as much water as I need... (I am starting with baby steps here...)

Here's a couple questions that I have for future references... How many of you:
-work outside the home?
-have pedometers?
-exercise at home or in a gym?

Just a couple things that I was kicking around in my brain...

So, this week's challenge will be to increase our water intake. Drink up to 8 glasses, 64 ounces, a gallon... whatever it takes... Let me know how you are doing.... I know that the guys at the gym carry around gallons of water.... I know that it isn't fashionable in public but maybe at teh house have one on hand... saves from refilling all day and you have it all for yourself... (the kids won't be coming over grabbing your straw and slobbering in your water...lol)

My email is [email protected]. You can email me whenever you like... I am constantly checking it....lol

I am going to take a running tally of our weigh ins... Hopefully I can get some type of link to post it in a blog... or do we want to do it on here???? It's up to you ladies... whatever is easiest...

Thanks... have a great week... and GOOD LUCK!!!

(Sorry, it's not the most creative, but that's just me... I use the OTHER side of the NOODLE!!!)
Old 01-02-2006, 04:08 PM   #12  

WOOHOO! I got this one covered! I already drink
2 litres of water cause I love it - thank goodness - that helps!

Good challenge Deanna! It's an important one.
Old 01-02-2006, 04:30 PM   #13  

I didn't know what else to do...lol

I am leaving here in about a 1/2 hour for my 1st weigh in... I am doing it with my TOPS group (this way I am always using 1 scale and not running back and forth to check it daily)

AND... Hubby took my 1st set of BEFORE pics today... Oh MY goodness... How did I let myself go??? I am amazed at what OTHER people see... I don't see ALL that!!!

Good luck this week... hey are we doing a weigh in on here? I like the 20 pound TOTAL for the month thing... I have 7 girls (other than myself) on my email list... I hope I am not forgetting anyone... send me your email if you want to be added...
Old 01-02-2006, 06:38 PM   #14  

Hey, outta curiosity, for those who use exercise machines
that tell you how many calories you are losing, what is
the amount of calories you lose each exercise session?
Mine seems low - I exercise on the treadmill for 30 mins
and I burn off 210 calories. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm..........
Old 01-02-2006, 07:37 PM   #15  

Well, I need the water challenge so creative or not, it's a good one!

I am a stay at home mom right now and try to exercise at home but was not good about this during the holidays. I would prefer to go to the gym but it is hard to schedule with the kids so I do it at home.

Am I on your email list?

Cat
ICANCHANGE is offline   Reply With Quote