Old 01-01-2006, 11:53 AM   #1  

Default 1 Year / 100 lb. Buddy

Anyone interested in buddying up with me as I transform 1FatHen into a skinny chick?

I'm currently 280 lbs, highest was 310, and I'm only 5'3.
I follow the Weight Watchers point system.
I'm 39... 40 this summer.
I'm blowing the dust off the treadmill...
Married 21 years, 2 sons.

My goal is to lose 100 lbs by New Years Day, 2007. Not so much about looks anymore as it is life and health!!! Looking great will just be a bonus!

Mini goals are 8-10 lbs per month.

I would LOVE to have someone... or two... or three... who's as serious as I am about losing it (the fat, that is) over the next year. Tips and tricks, encouragement, sprinkled with a good dose of humor, would be fun to share.

Introduce yourself... and let's have fun gettin' healthy and skinny!

1FatHen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 12:03 PM   #2  

Hello! I'm Kelly and am looking for a buddy as well. I sent you a message telling you about myself and my email. Looking forward to meeting you!
jeaniebob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 12:19 PM   #3  
Sheri

Height: 5'5"

I sent you a message too. I also have over 100 lbs to lose, and need help getting motivated to move my rear and exercise!!
EyeSing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 02:03 PM   #4  

Thanks for the messages. One hundred pounds sounds like a lot, but then a year seems like a long time, and they just seem to fly by. One day, and one pound at a time.

I'm off for a walk... making it the first 'real' exercise I've set out to do in well over a year. Good thing I'm still fat today, or the wind'd blow me right to Kansas! Walking into the wind should at least provide resistance training...
Old 01-01-2006, 02:38 PM   #5  

Smile

1FatHen..... let me say that you can do it. I know, you probably heard that a million or more times but I KNOW you can! I use to weigh 352 1/2 pounds. I started my weight loss plan on December 26, 2001. I was sooo upset when I got on my scale and it kept saying "error." I made an appointment with my doctor and they weighed me in at 352 1/2 pounds! I knew that was it. I portioned my meals out, I exercise everyday, and I cut out alot of carbs, sugar, and starches. Today, I weigh 187! I feel wonderful and look pretty nice too! I have close to 35 pounds to go but know that it's a struggle everyday for me.

I hope I gave you some inspiration. Kelly & EyeSing are wonderful people...I don't know them but just by the small messages they left for you, It sounds like you're in good hands!

Take care and remember to "STAY STRONG!"

emerald dragonfly
emerald dragonfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 06:18 PM   #6  

Thank you for cheering for us/me Emerald Dragonfly! RahRah's from those who HAVE lost it mean so much!

I have yet to take that walk... it's just sooooo windy outside. Literally, Texas is in the air here! It's almost dark from all the 'dust in the wind.' I guess some of that would be ash, too, but there's not the strong grassfire odor to go along with it.

So, after fixing supper, salmon cooked in olive oil, green beans, an apple, and popcorn, here I sit again...with my lap sitting in my lap. Now that I'm back on track, I can hardly wait until I can sit down without my belly sitting on top of my thighs!!! How DID I let this happen?! FOOD was so not worth this...

After DH leaves for work...he got called in, poor thing, I think I'll drag out my brand new, still in the wrapper, never used Walk Away the Pounds video. I'm not lettin' him see me exercise, that's for sure.
Old 01-01-2006, 08:39 PM   #7  
Working on 'Project Me'

S/C/G: 199 (1st goal)

Height: 5'6"

Default Hello

Hi everyone! I was reading through the thread, and you all sound like a great bunch to get serious with! My name is Tina, I'm married with a four yr. old daughter. I'm a stay at home mom. I feel like I have such a long journey ahead of me that I would love some company for support. About 10 yrs. ago for my high school grad I lost 60lbs. A size 13/14, down from 220lbs. Ten years later I've surpassed 220 and now 269. I remember saying back then that I would never go back to the way I was, I felt so amazing. But circumstances shifted and I failed. Today I'm ready to go gung-ho!! I want that feeling again, not to mention I'm so tired of telling my little one "no not now, mommy's tired".

I would love to join in with you all.
All the best for a thinner us in 2006!
~Tina
LadyLai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 08:51 PM   #8  

Welcome, Tina! You sound like you'll fit in here just fine! I have a 4 year old daughter and a 10 month old son. 4 years ago, I lost 65 pounds and got down to 203, but haven't seen the scale that low since. I so understand your situation right now! I want to be smaller because I want to be able to be an active Mom with my kiddos. (I also liked how I looked too!) Please feel free to email me! [email protected]
The more buddies, the merrier! We're all in the same boat here!
jeaniebob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 10:13 PM   #9  

Hi Tina, thanks for joining in. We're gonna have an awesome buddy group! Looks like we're all pretty new to posting here, so we're gonna be the new bunch to blow away the boards with our weight-loss! Welcome.

I had to laugh that you all have the wish to be more active with your kids... one son wants me to play PAINTBALL with him, and has asked me 'if I were thin, would that make a difference?'... I'm like... I DON'T think so, there might be less surface area to hit, and I'd be a smaller target, but pain is not my game! That boy comes home with bruises!!!

Seriously, I wish I had been more active with them when they were younger. Guess I'll just have to be more active with them older.

I did my walk (eventually), got in my water, and stayed on target with my points today. Hope you all got out of today all that you wished for!

Sheila
Old 01-01-2006, 10:23 PM   #10  
Heather/Caterpillar

Hey
Can I join in? I'm Heather...I'm 24 from Manchester, England and I have to lose over 100lbs.
Love Heather
Heva2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 11:54 PM   #11  

I am so new to this that I feel out of place, but sounds like a lot of you are too. I would love to join you as well. I have 135 to lose. That's my goal for now anyway. I am a 31 year old working mom of 2, married for 13 years. I remember in high school (freshman year) struggling to lose weight. I did & moved out of state-no one knew the fat me. Felt GREAT. Life happens. At my highest I was around 370. I am now at 295 (luckily I'm 5'7"). I am so ready to mke it happen this time! I'm not telling anyone in my family, failed too many times, but I need that acountability too. So this is like jumping off a cliff for me.
I look forward to getting to know all of the great people on here.
Here's to us!!
Teri
maysmav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 12:08 AM   #12  

Hello all,

My name is Melanie and I too have to drop about 100 pounds. i currently weigh in at 245 and am only 5'2 inches tall!

Due to some health problems, I have to drop the weight. I am not one to "diet" but I have decided, with the help fom my doctor to use the weight watchers point system as well.

Hope to hear from you all soon.

Melanie
mlhamrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 12:32 AM   #13  

Talking Mind if I join you guys?

Mind if I join you guys? I have 50+ pounds to lose. I weigh 185, but I'm also under 5 feet tall. D'oh! But I've lost a lot of weight before, so I know I can do it again!
fourwinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 01:12 AM   #14  

hey guys my name is nikki and would love to jump on bored i would like to lose about 70 plus pounds and am ready to do this.. the thing is i slack off too often and need to be responsible and if i have to post my weight weekly i will force my self to stay ontra ck
nmh6901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 12:39 PM   #15  
Working on 'Project Me'

S/C/G: 199 (1st goal)

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone! Wow, it's great to see so many wanting to join in. I'm sure this will a great support group. Today I began Day 1 of the rapid start plan, (Dr.Phils plan). I've just finished 30mins on the treadmill. I managed to walk 1.25 miles, burn 134 calories! I went with the thought in mind, slow and steady wins the race. I wasn't sure I would last the whole 30mins...but I paced myself. I'll be back on it again this evening. I'm so excited to have started my journey!

Hope you all have a great day!
~Tina
LadyLai is offline   Reply With Quote