Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-01-2006, 08:41 PM   #1  

Red face Im 23 and ready to change my life

Hi all, I am new to this forum. My name is Shauna and I am a 23 yr. old single female from New Jersey. I have been overweight since i was a little girl. Of course I didnt know I was overweight, because everyone always told me it was just "baby fat". IM STILL WAITING FOR IT TO GO AWAY! lol. I suffered severe depression but I have recently discovered I am at a worst state than depression. IM COMFORTABLE. I have gotten to the point where i dont mind being fat. I think that is the worst place for anyone to be. Not because of what other people say or think, but health wise. My family has a history of diabetes and high blood pressure, so i know that I am at risk. I noticed a turn for the worst when i sat down one night and ate a whopper meal from burger king, an extra whopper and still had room for more. I AM READY FOR CHANGE. I don't want to die of a heart attack at 24. I want to live. so 2006 is the year of diet and excercise. My goal is to be 150 pounds or a size 7/8 (whichever comes first. I have tried to do it alone before but now I am pairing up with a friend with the same story. We are 2 young women who are ready to take the world by storm. We have joined a gym, and started a healthy diet plan. wish us luck please!!! thanx!!!

Last edited by ThErEaLmE; 01-01-2006 at 09:47 PM. Reason: (SILLY ME, I PUT THE WRONG AGE IN)
ThErEaLmE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 08:49 PM   #2  
iwillmakeit

S/C/G: 205/173/110

Height: 5'4

Good Luck!!! I know you can do it. I have similiar story too. I am 24 years old, and I felt comfortable being fat too. I never really thought about losing it, until everyone suggested I do. I tried and lost some but then got pregnant, so I gained it all back and then some. After having my son, I was nursing so my weight wasn't really going up or down. What made to realize that I need to lose it was that my parents both has diabetes, and my dad had heart attack right around the time I had my son. Even though my parents aren't overweight!!! I realized that if I want to be happy and healthy then I needed to lose the weight. So, I know where you're coming from, so good luck, and you can do it!!!
tsots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 09:07 PM   #3  
Whip It Good

Greetings fellow Jersey Girl! Slow and steady wins this race, Girlfriend. Just pace yourself and mold yourself into the you you really want to be.

BTW - it is not entirely bad to be at peace with your current self. It is better than the loathing that many people feel. If you hate yourself you will not treat yourself right... Love yourself - give your body what it needs to heal itself and you will not be disapointed. It will take time - but hey! What's your hurry right?

DaisyBug08004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 09:20 PM   #4  
New mom to be

Wink You can do it!!!

I wish you all the luck!!!! It is not easy but just take it one day at a time and it will pay off!!! I already have a lot more energy than I did 7 months ago when I started. I've had some set backs along the way, but I'm getting there. Just don't give up!! If you have a bad day, pick yourself up and start again the next day!! Don't beat yourself up about it.

Valentines goal:

1 jiggy for every 5lbs. lost
sassybrat25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 09:22 PM   #5  

You are definately right..... I love myself fat/skinny, I am soooo vain, it is insane! lol. its just that i started thinking its ok to not be healthy, and that is not a good thing. but thanx for the encouragement, I will definately take note.... Im glad i found this place, Im glad I have somewhere to turn other than the fridge! lol
Old 01-01-2006, 10:01 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 305/305/120

Hey Shauna! I'm new to the board too, just wanted to welcome you. I'm close to your age (21), and I know all too well what is like to be overweight basically your whole life. I remember being in the 7th grade at 275lbs. I wish you the best of luck in your journey to a thinner more healtheir you.
FreshStart06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 10:05 PM   #7  

freshstart.... I wish you the best of luck in your weight loss goals... we can do it!!!!!
Old 01-01-2006, 10:09 PM   #8  

Red face I Got Ya Back!!!

We are on our way pumpkin. I love you sweetie and I am so happy we are on this journey together. Together we stand, divided we fall. We are not falling this time Shauna. Lets handle our handle in the "06"
DeterminedMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 11:09 PM   #9  

Height: 5'3"

Good for you! That's great to have a friend to start this journey with. Just remember, take it one day at a time. I'm 19 and have been overweight my entire life. And it doesn't help that my three best friends are all beautiful stunning girls with amazing bodies. So I am sick of being the fat girl all the time!! Best of luck to you!
Nevaeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 11:31 PM   #10  
At 5:00

S/C/G: 207/195/120

Height: 5'3''

Welcome, you. You'll do wonderfully here and by your own. I'm very happy that you've decided to make a change to make yourself healthier. That's the main reason for fitness: health. Vanity is another part to it, though. Good luck!
wednesdaymorning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 12:33 AM   #11  

Talking You will do it!

At 22, I had a diabetes scare because I began going to the bathroom constantly. Luckily, I did not have it. Everytime I had fast food, i could actually feel myself getting bigger. I felt unhealthy and very unhappy with my life. I love myself for accomplishing many things, such as being good in math and science, but I thought about the fact that I also wanted to feel and look my best. I'm on my way. I started at 250 pounds. I'm now to 159, and my goal is 135-140 (i'm a 5"3' guy). I've had lost of opposition but at the end, it's you who is living in your body and carrying the weight. You can't please everybody, and because that's a fact, then at least please yourself. You will make it if you stick to it. Don't give up. I never thought I could do it, and now I'm the envy of many....even if they say I look bad as a thin person. Send them all to ****! Live your life the way you want to.
Psychego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 12:59 AM   #12  

thank you guys soooo much. it feels so amazing to have so many people support me, and you guys don't even know me..... I don't even think i have that kind of support in my family. But it means soooooo much to me! i think i love you guys already and i don't even know you all yet!!!!
Old 01-02-2006, 08:26 AM   #13  
Whip It Good

Sometimes our families get so accustomed to us being fat that the idea of us losing weight challenges them more than they care to be challenged. Just remember - this ain't about them - it is about you... Do it becuase you want to be the best you you can be... Healthy and strong.
DaisyBug08004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 11:13 AM   #14  
28 Yr old Vixen to be...

S/C/G: 480/480/380

Height: 5'5"

Welcome Hope You Enjoy It Here
Safiyah_is_Fluffy is offline   Reply With Quote