Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2006, 12:17 PM   #1  
focused and aiming

Default Let's Start 2006 With Core Board 36!

i just thought this was a good time to start anew.
Old 01-01-2006, 12:27 PM   #2  
focused and aiming

frouf, i guess i was posting this while you were posting on 35. sorry about that. how are you doing? did you have a good new year's eve? we had a glass of wine then drank cf diet cokes the rest of the evening. we actually stayed up till 1 am!!! i knew curtis' nap would help him stay awake. i'm the better night owl so i made it fine and was still wide awake when we went to bed.

we slept in today, too. and--we've both already walked on the treadmill. it's a beautiful sunny day. what a great start to the new year!

kathy, watch out for those lumps, girl. i've done that before and it led to diet destruction.

lisa, sounds like you and your dh are getting off to a good year, too. i hope old tom gets there soon and leaves sooner.

kathy, i have a pot of black-eyed peas/jalapeno tomatoes/moose salami simmering for lunch. mil is coming (pray for us!) so i'm baking a pan of cornbread for her and curtis. i have polenta cakes in the making for me. where is central market? this is prob something i really need to know for when we're down your way. did you ever go to the fish market over in wedgewood? i'm not sure it's even there now but i used to go get stuffed flounder and crab eons ago.
Old 01-01-2006, 12:34 PM   #3  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Talking Great Minds Think Alike!

Thanks Sandra! Seems you beat me to it!

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

Sounds like everyone had fun yesterday! Kathy that bowling place sounds great - and you sure throw on a good spread! Angela - congrats on doing so well at your party - I am truly impressed!

I had a bit of a meltdown yesterday at the mall - so depressed about nothing to do and no one to see - had to cancel stereo shopping w/ dh and head home. I did feel better once I ate and read an article in our local paper about how NOTHING is going on in town on New Year's eve and most people are home "cocooning" w/videos, popcorn, etc.

I drove ds and his friend to party house, then came home to watch video w/dh (Mr. and Mrs. Smith) - we ordered in pizza - now I am so sorry I ordered so much cuz there are too many leftovers (got 2 mediums - combo for me and hawaiian for dh) - I shall try to avoid inhaling the rest of the pizza today. Of course had some champagne chasers along with a slice of blueberry cheesecake so you can only imagine what my scale says today!

Ended up watching late night movie (after the ball drop in NY city) and don't think we went to bed til around 3 am!!! No wonder I am feeling so dozy today!

But the good new is IT'S A BRAND SPANKING NEW YEAR - w/lots of opportunities for improvement right?

So I hauled out that "journal" I bought a while ago and decided to use it! My new exercise/weight loss log.

Decided my weeks will run saturday to friday night (this week is a special short 6 day week). So week 1 page has seven little boxes to tick off for my daily floor exercises, and then space to account for my 150 mins of aerobic exercise (like a balance sheet where I start off w/150 and count down to zero!). Bottom of page lists weight loss goal for this week (2-3 lbs) and reverse page is a spot to write my daily affirmations. The very last page of the journal is my weight loss chart (god forbid anyone should see it!).

I am hoping this "accountability" will help motivate me to move towards my goals. Also hoping this helps me today at the open house party we are going to where I will be surrounded by lots of food and drink (there are usually veggie trays and olives and such which I can indulge in if required).

Of course I am getting a very late start to the day as well (just got up!). First my floor exercises. Then have to eat "breakfast" - will try and treadmill next - do my hair (roots touchup), shower and get ready to go (around 3 pm?).

I have already baked my extra special chocolate drop cookies (yes I had a few yesterday as well!) and they are ready to go! I will also have "lunch" before I leave - maybe an omelette or bagel w/smoked salmon.

Hope everyone has a wonderful relaxing first day of the year!

Frouf
Old 01-01-2006, 12:40 PM   #4  
focused and aiming

frouf, i wish us all the best of success for 2006. it is truly a HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Old 01-01-2006, 01:28 PM   #5  
Southside White Sox Fan

HAPPY NEW YEAR CHICKS!

My God, I was in a panic! I had computer gremlins and couldn't log into my account! I got a message from 3FC saying someone had tried to login to my account with the wrong password 5 times! OMG! I couldn't get in to tell you all what was happening and to ask for help. I was going to write to the general "contact us" box. Then I was going to email Kathy on Ebay! Fortunately, I thought to request a new password and had to wait 15 minutes before I could try it. Obviously, it worked. Kathy, 3FC gave me the IP address that was trying to access my account. I'm going to PM you to see if you can make any sense out of it. Like was my computer going crazy or was the access coming from outside my computer. I'm afraid my computer may have something happening.

I have to go read all the posts now that I've stopped hyperventilating so much!
Old 01-01-2006, 02:12 PM   #6  
Southside White Sox Fan

Sandra, thanks for starting the new board. We needed it. I think your evening with Curtis sounds delightful. I'm so impressed with you and Curtis. Jim and I stayed up until 1:00 also and slept in. I haven't walked on the treadmill. So far I've been dealing with budget and other paperwork and computer gremlins. My treadmilling is scheduled to start tomorrow morning.

Frouf, I hate that you're down in the dumps. It's funny that nesting is what Jim and I love...but I understand that it doesn't make everyone happy. Maybe you should put a note on your work calendar for next October to make plans for next New Year's Eve. Most of the really cool events sell out quickly. Or....maybe you can plan your own bash! Nothing you can do about today's scale. And besides, it's really probably not accurate anyway. Just start over today on the day known for starting over! I absolutely LOVE the idea of your journal but I know I'd never keep up with it. That's part of the reason that I'm a Core girl.

Angela, I am so proud of you. More importantly, YOU must be very proud of yourself.

Jim and I watched Must Love Dogs. You were right, Melissa. It was cute but not as good as I thought it was going to be. We played a game of White Sox World Series Monopoly. Jim won! We ate popcorn and I had two WW mint patties. They are SO delicous and only 1 point per piece.

I got my WW magazine yesterday and read it already from cover to cover. Seems there are people asking for more Core coverage in letters to the Editor. Also there is a writer from O magazine doing a multi-part article about Core. I smiled when she said she'd failed at Flex several times but has decided she is a Core girl. Me too!

Well, my dog just had an accident on the floor (she's old enough to do better!) and I've got to go clean. I'll be back later.
Old 01-01-2006, 02:57 PM   #7  

Height: 5'7"

Hey all! I ditched the Central Market idea because it's so far and just broke down and bought the full-fat version. I only eat 1 T. at a time with my carrots so it's just 1 pt. Not too bad if I don't overdo it. And even if I ate 2 T. ... well, you do the math.

Sandra, it's at the intersection of I-30 and Hulen. You can't miss it. SUCH a nice store with so many things you can't get anywhere else around here.

I guess I'll be getting my WW magazine tomorrow? I'm sure it isn't up for renewal yet. It's always so interesting.

Your problem is being looked at, Vickie. I don't like that sort of thing -- it feels kinda creepy.

I took everything out of the fridge just now, washed the shelves, looked at expiration dates and tossed a bunch of stuff, and then replaced it all neatly. I have to do that every so often because there are so many people who dig around in there and mess it up. Same with the pantry, but I did that last week. Maybe tomorrow I'll do the freezer. I had plans of cleaning out junk drawers, etc. and did get some of them done, but not all. Still, I feel like I've accomplished something over the last week and a half. I'm actually ready to go back to work.

I think I'll go watch TV for a while and maybe read my book. I'm trying to buy another WW calculator on ebay -- this will be my 4th. For some wacky reason, I have a hard time hanging on to them, thanks to Core. So many times, I've said "I don't need this thing if I stick to the list!" and would get rid of it -- either give it away or resell on ebay. Now I'm going to get another and KEEP IT.
Old 01-01-2006, 03:02 PM   #8  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Hi again,

Vickie - glad you managed to find you way back here - I too would have been freaking a bit if I could not longer log on here! ..and I think my own New year's eve party next year is a great idea - I shall start planning late fall 2006!

Kathy - I am very impressed (and trying to be inspired) by your clean up efforts - I have been planning to clean up that shelf over the microwave during the holiday season - and only 1 day left to get this done! It's crammed full of recipe books, papers, restaurant menus, markers and just plain junk. I know I will be thrilled once it is all tidy and clean!

Just sitting here w/hair color goop on my roots and avocado/clay masque on my face!

....and I have completed my floor exercises, had breakfast AND done 30 mins on the treadmill (and caught a repeat of the Big Loser on TV so how could I not 'enjoy' my exercise?) - great motivation.

I am soon going to shower and beautify myself and try to find something to wear that does not make me look too huge! I am not really hungry for lunch but don't want to overdo it at the party - so I may just eat a hb egg or two for protein before I go?

I am also bringing a couple of diet pepsis and some sparkling water/club soda flavored w/lemon & lime!

Now little ds has come in and seen my GREEN avocado/clay face and is kinda freaked out - ha ha ha.

Later,

Frouf
Old 01-01-2006, 03:07 PM   #9  
Southside White Sox Fan

Thanks, Kath. I'm sorry you couldn't find the dip. I need to put that on my list with some baby carrots. I've not been getting enough veggies. I thought you were finding it before in the Fall. Sometimes when I make a special request, the store where I do all my shopping will stock things for me. Thanks for looking into that access question. It's creepy.

Frouf, I'm surprised your mask is not PINK! But avocado is supposed to be good for your face. I'd be licking it if it were on my face! I LOVE avocado. You won't look huge today. Just pick something that is comfortable so you don't spend the whole day tugging on yourself. Try to have FUN!

I have to get off of this computer. I need to make applesauce and I am cooking dinner tonight. First I think I'll watch Hitch and have a nap!

Talk with you all later.
Old 01-01-2006, 03:25 PM   #10  

Default Happy New Year's

I am sorry I was starting new threads. When in fact I should have been posting in Core board 35. I have been going through the threads and figured that out. So again sorry.
Well not much happening here. Went to church. Came home fixed lunch. Did dishes and got on here. Hubby isnt feeling good. So he is taking a nap.
Got up a little late this morn. So was running behind to get to church on time.
So to eat today. 2 slices diet bread with just a little peanut butter, a can of pineapple with a can of mandrins oranges, and 2 cups of veggie soup. and I also had a little bit of saurkraut and pork. But we always have that on New Years Day. Want good luck for the year.
Well I hope everyone has a great day. And a great New Year.
Thanks for making feel welcome here.
Coco
Old 01-01-2006, 04:37 PM   #11  
focused and aiming

coco, don't worry about it. when i first came here, everyone was on #15 and i thought it meant for teenagers.
Old 01-01-2006, 04:37 PM   #12  
focused and aiming

vickie, i'm glad you were able to get back on here. your and jim's night does sound like curtis and me. we're pretty laid back. we had curtis mother over for lunch today. do ya'll do black-eyed peas on new year's day? i know it's a southern tradition but i didn't know if it was also observed other places. we have b e peas every jan 1. i made them and lunch was 100% core for me. i had polenta; they had cornsticks.

thanks, kathy. i don't know if we'll go that deeply into ft worth or not. we've gotten so we avoid heavy traffic. sure am sounding old, aren't i?

i should get my first 22 mag soon. i subscribed via school fund raiser.
Old 01-01-2006, 05:04 PM   #13  
Melissa

Happy New Year everyone!
I'm way behind and haven't read everyone's posts yet, but I just wanted to say hi! DH has been occupying the computer this afternoon. His Christmas $ is burning a hole in his pocket.
We had a good night last night. We went to our friends, ate, played with the baby and played poker (moneyless of course!!). I had never played and it was really fun. I actually ended up being the big winner. We did have a small glass of champagne (I'd never had it before) and definitely not a core supper but that's okay. I'm feeling like this coming week will be good.
Oh, I bought a box of clementines today. We walked into the grocery store and there they were first thing. But I had to pay $5 for a 2 pound box. Does that sound about right? They were Ocean Spray so I figured that's why they were more expensive, but that's the only kind I saw. Anyway, I'm looking forward to them.
Well the puppy is whining so I better take him out. BBL!
Old 01-01-2006, 05:31 PM   #14  

Height: 5'7"

Melissa, I think I paid $3.99 for a box, but the regular price was more than that so that might be about right. There were probably 25 in my box. Sounds like you had a good evening!

I just made my peas and tricked them up a little. First I sauteed some green onions and bell pepper in olive oil, then added the drained peas, then added some chopped jalapenos and homemade salsa that someone brought over last night. They are really very tasty! I'm going to make some oven roasted potatoes and onions, and heat up some LO ham. No ham for me though; that stuff is deadly!

It's such a quiet day here. It's a little cloudy but 82 degrees. I'm not sure if what's going on with the weather but this is ridiculous.

One more day off from work and then it's all over!!
Old 01-01-2006, 06:28 PM   #15  
Southside White Sox Fan

I've never had black eyed peas before. I don't like green peas but love split pea soup. Are black eyed peas more like green peas or like beans?
Closed Thread