Old 12-29-2005, 12:25 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 332/270/160

Height: 5"7'

Default December Fitness Starters.

Please check in here.. Paula, Kelli, Nicole, Christian and if anyone else wants to join.
SnowboundChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 12:30 PM   #2  

I haven't exercised today yet but plan too later. Today I had toast and cereal for breakfast, so far so good. I have my bottle of water planted beside me on my desk. How are you doing?
Old 12-29-2005, 12:42 PM   #3  

Hello Donna! Your email did work. I am new at this and I am pumped! I have been trying to get my weight tracker attched to my signature so I hope it takes. I have been on and off dieting for the past couple years and I have hit a point in my life that I need to take control. This site seems very wonderful, full of good people with encouraging words. I am a full time mother of three girls and a full time night college student. So I find it hard to fix fast meals on the run. Any advice would be good. I have dug out my weight watchers books and am starting that again. I also plan on going out to buy the Tony Little gazelle either today or tomorrow. Thanks for inviting me and good luck to everyone!
Nicole
bigshaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 01:34 PM   #4  

Hi Nicole, Glad you made it.
I haven't tried any diets in a long time. I just gave up. My dad always had us on some diet or another growing up. As I got older I just didn't want to go there. I'm looking at trying to eat better and portion control.
I find that if I plan my meals ahead of time, I have more control. But I keep forgetting or not find the time. I need to get on that bandwagon again. I also like to use my crockpot to cook, so I'll always have dinner at 5pm instead of 7pm. I find that hard.

I work outside the home full time and have two little boys plus I'm married. So just that keeps me so busy all the time. I'm trying to find time for me to get my exercise in and time to plan and prepare meals.

Another person I have email said they read all these nutrition books from the library. Guess what i"m going to do this weekend. I haven't been to the library in so long but what a great idea. I'm terrible at counting calories, reading labels and knowing what the good and bad fats are.

What sort of exercise does everyone do?
Old 12-29-2005, 07:41 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

Hi Donna, just checking in. I've read so many books, I don't know which one to recommend to you. I remember really liking a book called "Thin tastes better" and also one called "Thin for life." I'll check up on the ones I've read in my library account so I can recommend a few more, I can't remember all of the titles! Oh, "The thin commandments" was a good one too. They are all full of good diet/exercise tips. One of those books has a great 'jump start' program, but I can't remember which. I've taken something from every book I've read, so read as many as you can. I read 1 or 2 a week. I'm reading one called Weight Loss that Lasts now and I just finished one called "Picture Perfect Weight Loss." I've got to go exercise now, but I'll email you tomorrow, because I can't think of anything else you asked, and I'll need to reread your emails. Happy thoughts
HarpoChicoGroucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 07:50 PM   #6  
Paula

Hello everyone. I actually had breakfast, lunch, and dinner. And I didn't snack on anything. I also called any and all fitness/exercise anything in the phone book. SO there are a couple places I am going to check out to go and workout. It is tooo hard to try to exercise with the little ones here. The best part is I can pay month to month and I don't have pay all that money if it is not for me. I called a friend of mine that is maybe sorta going to diet and exercise. We might do taebo at my house while our children play together. So I hope that works. My biggest goal today was going through my cookbooks and making a shopping list for two weeks worth of food. SO now I should be prepared and know what we are eating is good and no more oops tooo late to make something lets go out. So that is my day. I am making a good start I think.
Fatwhisperer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 12:30 AM   #7  

Default I hear you on that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatwhisperer
It is tooo hard to try to exercise with the little ones here. .

I two have problems exercising when the little ones are around. They are either asking to use the dvd, climbing all over me or asking for something. I never get space to just exercise.

I try to do it in the mornings now, way before they get up. I've been up around 5:30 lately to do it. Makes for early nights but that's a sacrafice I was willing to make. It was hard at first but I remembered that I was a morning person, it's hard to remember that after having children! LOL!
Old 12-30-2005, 12:32 AM   #8  

The day went okay. I didn't manage to get in any exercise today beside some little stretches and crunches behind my desk at work. I ate okay but snacked too much and that damn fudge in the fridge keeps calling my name. I have to through all the Christmas leftovers out. I didn't have a pop today! Yahoo! I resisted and the cravings would pass after a few minutes. I'm proud of myself on that one. I also had a big salad with dinner, a small porkchop, baked potato with salsa and some broccoli. I feel like the day was alright except for the snacking. I'll have to work on that. I'm off to bed now, so I can get up early to exercise. Later.
Old 12-30-2005, 04:48 AM   #9  

Hey Everyone!
I am so excited for the new year! I am determined to stick with my diet so that I can lose all the extra weight in 2006!

Yesterday I stocked up on healthy food, and threw out the junk food... so today will be my first day of healthy eating. I have came to the conclusion that the reasons I have gained so much weight is from 1) I practically only eat high carb foods 2)I eat fast food nearly everyday 3) I drink mainly soda, and not nearly enough water... 4)I sit around way too much (I work online)

so... my goal is to, cut down my carb intake, no more fast food(unless I am on the road and have no other choice, but even then I will watch what I order), A lot more water in my diet... goodbye DR PEPPER... and last but not least... excercise... I am going to see about getting a membership at "Curves" so that I can do 30 minute work-outs every day... and when it gets warmer outside, I will start taking daily walks.

I plan to check in with you all at least once a week! But I will try for more...

Here are starting stats
Starting weight: 243
Jeans size: 20 (a snug 20 at that)
Measurements: I will get these soon
Long term goal: I would like to lose 90 lbs
Short term goal: to be under 200lbs in no specific time frame yet

Good luck ladies!
We can do this! I know we can!

Love, Kelli

Last edited by MySweetestSong; 12-30-2005 at 04:56 AM.
MySweetestSong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 12:20 PM   #10  

Hello Everyone!
I got my Tony Little Gazelle bought and put together. So today I will start my exercise routine. I cleaned out my fridge and cupboards and threw out all those bad foods. My boyfriend and kids are not going to be happy, haha. I made a double batch of the weight watchers no point soup and had a wonderful supper. I did really well yesterday. I've noticed I dont drink as much water as needed. I just dont like water. I have been drinking alot of Sugar Free drink mix, like Crystal light, does that count? Boy I hope so.

Does anyone want to do a weekly weigh in? I thought maybe if we do it together it would keep us all motivated and on track.

It's great to see that everyone is starting off at a good start. Keep up the good work ladies. WE CAN DO THIS!

Does everyone have big plans for New Years? My boyfriend's sister is getting married so we will be out of town for the wedding.

My short term goal is to lose 12 pounds by Feb. 14th.
Maybe if I shoot for mini goals I will succeed. In the past I would lose weight to 230 and couldnt get under. My heighest weight was 262.5 last December.

Is anyone else following a diet plan, or just eating healthier and excercising?
Good luck ladies!

Nicole
Old 12-30-2005, 12:30 PM   #11  

Default Good Morning All!

Well, I woke up feeling terrible. Sore throat and sore body, I was up at 6am but stayed in bed as long as I could. Yet again no exercise. I just don't feel 100%. I showered, my hubby made breakfast and I'm at work now. Still feeling like I'm going to fall over. I may end up going home.

I've been drinking plenty of water. DH made me scrambled eggs(2eggs), 1 cup home hashbrowns, and 4 strips turkey bacon and I had some juice. My problem is when I'm sick, i have no problem eating, what is with that?

So I will try to check in later or tomorrow.

Anyone have plans for New Year's? Not us, we usually stay home and are in bed long before midnight.
Old 12-30-2005, 12:31 PM   #12  

Oh, right. I was also going to do weekly weigh-ins. I will do mine every Friday and this morning I lost 1 pound. Yahoo! I'm on my way.
Old 12-30-2005, 12:52 PM   #13  

Gosh! I'm a little bummed! I've been trying to eat right but I'm terrible with the snacking. I've managed to give it up at night but during the day I'm terrible.

So I thought I would use fitday.com, I used it years ago and so I started about a week ago. So yesterday I was at almost 3000 calories. Today with the breakfast dh made for me, I'm at 1200 already. This is so hard. Cereal from now on.
Old 12-30-2005, 01:01 PM   #14  

Default join

hey, i saw your posts on being new and just starting up. can i join you?

36 female, dp, with 5 children at home between us. my life is full, and i am neglecting myself and my own health issues. need to make some changes, and need the support of others like me to force myself to take the time necessary to care for myself.

help me before i drown in a sea of after school activities, ball practices, laundry! lol
Jailene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 01:09 PM   #15  

Hello Donna! Sorry to hear you don't feel that well this morning! Keep drinking those fluids!
On the flip side you lost a pound. Hooray!! Just remember.... All those one pounders add up to BIG pounds!

I found that if I portion out snacks in those little zip lock baggies it works really well for me. They could be brought to work or used at home.

I will also do weekly weigh ins on Friday. That day seems to work well for me. I will weigh in and let you know in a bit. Talk to you soon!!!

Nicole