Old 12-28-2005, 01:55 PM   #1  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Exclamation My Goals for 2006!

Please JOIN! I'm still working on mine, I might even steal some of yours!
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 02:04 PM   #2  

I really REALLY want to go on a vacation next Christmas Break! I want to go to Mexico, and lay on the beach...and not feel gross in a swimsuit. I hope to lose 40 lbs. I really need to get more into weight lifting, and I know I'll enjoy running a lot more if my legs can handle it.
Pilatesgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 03:07 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 145/135/125

Height: 5'4"

to quit smoking! (i only smoke on the weekends if i am drinking with my friends....but it's still BAD!)

and cut down on drinking.... all those sugary shots are bad for the waistline not to mention my liver

to redesign my website and start getting clients for freelance projects so I can work for myself!

TO TREAT MY BODY BETTER, KEEP UP MY HEALTHY EATING AND EXERCISE
blue_sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 04:17 PM   #4  
one of my goals!

S/C/G: 215/203/150

Height: 5'7"

I want to be 30 pounds thinner by Easter. DH should be home by then and it would be a GREAT suprise for him!! I have 3 and a half months - that is plenty of time!! I have my first weight watchers meeting tonight! I am excited
BrunetteChic_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 04:46 PM   #5  
here I go again...

I want to go back to school... but I can't figure out what I want to do... I need to get out of my current job its making me fat and miserable. So, in the next year, I hope to come up with a plan and get the ball rolling...
illinichick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 05:47 PM   #6  
12 pounds lost in 2006

I’ve been thinking about this for awhile now. Below are my goals:

Weight Loss Goals

• Get to 145 : by my birthday (November 27th) – Basically lose almost 40 lbs. To accomplish this goal I need portion control, exercise, water and a positive attitude.
  • Get in the habit of exercising . I want to be one of those people who looks forward to going to the gym. I want it to become “HABIT” and not a burden.
  • Drink more water!!! I suck at this so I really need to work on this. I have been doing better at this in the month of December so hopefully it can continue to spill into next year.
  • Take a multi-vitamin everyday.
  • Don’t eat/drink so much sugar. Uggghhh this is a hard one. I love sweets. I must do better this year as I probably eat 20 lbs. of chocolate a year. BAD JESS!
  • Remember this is a LIFESTYLE CHANGE. This isn’t just to get into a smaller pant size or look sexy in lingerie. This is to be a better ME inside and out for the rest of my life. This isn’t a quick fix or a fad. This is a process of changing my habits and changing my life.
Other Not Weight Related Goals
  • Communicate better overall. With my BF, friends, co-workers, etc.
  • Communication is key and I just think I can always improve upon that.
  • Do at least one thing that’s really daring! Do something over the top. Over the past 5 years or so, I’ve come out of my shy shell and have developed self confidence. I’ve become a totally different person. I want to continue developing myself and with that, I’d like to be more outrageous!
  • Show the people I love more appreciation. Send little notes and give little gifts throughout the year instead of just on birthdays and Christmas. Show my friends, family and BF how much they mean to me all year and not just on holidays.
  • And lastly just be a better employee. I think I’m a damn good employee already, but I want to continue bettering myself and constantly grow. I want my boss to see my potential. I guess that means I should get back to work then

Okay I need to work anyways. I’m just being a slacker right now as I’ve been doing so much work the last few days. Hee hee. Okay I think tat is all my goals for next year. Kind of vague, but oh well.
mocha74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 11:08 AM   #7  
Melting Butter

Mine are the same two goals I've had nearly every year for 2 or 3 years.

To lose weight. Right now, I'm just trying to make my goal of 130 by April.

And to do well in school. Next school year is especially critical that I do well. I'm tired of school and I'm ready to graduate!
healthyme05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 11:50 AM   #8  
Yummy Mummy in the Making

I'm hoping to reach my weight loss goal by Valentine's Day. I had originally hoped to make it by my first wedding anniversary (Jan 8) but I don't think that's going to happen!

Other goals:

Graduate school (should happen, barring any complications)

Continue exercising 5 days a week (so far, so good!)

Drink enough water, 8-10 glasses a day

Improve my friendship with my husband. We've had a rough year, just lots of bad stuff happening, and we didn't have a lot of chances just to have fun together

Give myself a little time each day to pray, reflect, read, just have alone time. I haven't been doing much of that lately and I miss it.

Go on a fun vacation

I don't know what else...
crk05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 12:01 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 269/243/145

Weightloss goals- I have decided that I want to be down to 140ish by July. I am working on eating breakfast everyday, so far so good. I also want to start running again.

Non weightloss- Finishing school, I have registered for two online classes during the second half of the spring term. I dropped out of college 4 years ago and have wanted to go back ever since, but something always scares me away, lack of money, daycare for the girls, a million things. This time I can't let it happen.

There are also a couple of bills I would like to get paid off.

Good luck with everyones goals.
Jen
gingerjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 01:14 PM   #10  
Living the Laguna life...

I have a couple of goals that are kinda lofty, but I might as well aim high, right?
1) Become an aerobics instructor...even though I have a full-time job, I really want to teach a class on the weekends, especially kickboxing. I am going to my gym's instructor search later this month!
2) Train for a half marathon...this is something I know I CAN do, it's just a matter of doing it!
3) Find something that I really like doing during the week so that I can take a break from work (join a club, go out with friends more...any other ideas??)

Happy New Year everyone!

Oh and 4) Reach goal!!!
miss michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 05:57 PM   #11  

Well, I'm going to jump aboard on this one:

Weight-related:
1. Reach final goal of 135 (hopefully around end of February/beginning of March)
2. Exercise 5-6 times a week
3. UP WATER INTAKE
4. Run another 5K and a 10K

Non-weight related:
1. Graduate in May
2. Find school counseling job in PA
3. Plan trip to London (hopefully)

MAJOR: To establish a healthy lifestyle I can live with for my life and be happy in my own skin

Last edited by AndreaHope; 12-29-2005 at 07:49 PM.
AndreaHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 06:58 PM   #12  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

My goals:

Lose 20-25 more pounds by the end of spring semester

Get AA degree by end of the summer

Get married in August

Learn to be nicer to myself and others
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 08:34 PM   #13  
for me, for them

S/C/G: 345/ticker

Height: 5'10"

I don't post here all the time, so hopefully ya'll won't mind if I jump in...

1. Most immediately...FIND A JOB!
2. Start graduate school in the fall.
3. Lose weight (of course)
4. Get married in October
ScarlettDrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 11:03 PM   #14  
Tomb Raider In Training

Okay, here goes...

Weight Related:
- 145lbs in time for Valentine's Day
- Learn how to keep myself occupied with things other than eating
- Start biking and/or running after work
- Tailor my exercise schedule around my school schedule so I have NO excuses not to bike/walk at least four times a week!

Non-weight Related:
- Maintain my GPA
- Get through my blasted Algebra class without having a neurotic breakdown >.<
- Start fixing my credit report and building good credit
Actinide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 06:21 AM   #15  

Default 2006, the best year ever!

1. Keep working out everyday except Friday.
2. Lose at least 60 more pounds.
3. Re-establish and enhance my current regimen after getting settled in California in 2 weeks.
4. Enroll and begin Grad School in the fall. (I have always wanted to go to Pepperdine).
RebeccaJohnsonx2 is offline   Reply With Quote