Old 12-28-2005, 12:08 AM   #1  
Future marathon runner

S/C/G: 310/185/Where my body takes me

Height: 5'8"

Cool Re-introducing and re-applying myself

It's been a while since Ive been regularly posting on the board, and I see a ton of new faces so I wanted to re-introduce myself.

My name is Raelynn, I'm newly married, have a 5 1/2 year old daughter and live in Western Canada. I am a quality manager/reports analyst at a call center, so I have a desk job and lots of people around me who don't eat healthy - so that's been a big challenge for me.

I re-weighed in this morning and had a huge reality check when I saw the numbers on the scale. I am only 5 lbs away from being back at my heaviest ever! I'm feeling the difference in my clothes, my legs and back are starting to hurt again, I can't cross my legs - this really sucks! Especially since it's so noticeable to me because a few months ago I felt great.

Short-term goal is to get in as good of shape as I can before the softball season starts in May. A big longer-term - I want to be healthy to have another baby. I was a size 22 when I got pregnant with my daughter and I couldnt find any maternity clothes, so next time, I want to wear the cute tops and pants.

I can't wait to get (re-)aquainted with everyone!
Raelynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 12:12 AM   #2  
Crazy Canuck

Welcome home, Raelynn! We've missed you !
Jillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 01:10 AM   #3  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Good to have you back!
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 08:25 AM   #4  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

welcome back!
early months of marriage mean weight gain for a lot of us. sometimes for hubby too!

Charbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 11:13 AM   #5  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Woooo! Raelyn's back!

>>>does a little dance<<<

Have you been rollerblading? I guess not, I bet it's cold there. Softball season? Wow. You must be coordinated! I totally feel you with gaining weight. I realized this morning that I just don't FEEL good anymore. That's not a good sign.
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 12:41 PM   #6  
Sick of Fat

S/C/G: 240/183/150

Welcome back Raelynn I don't think we've ever met though!! Hope to get a chance to get to know you!
sabriena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 05:00 PM   #7  
Future marathon runner

Hi Everyone!

Jessica - no rollerblading here. We have no snow, but the sidewalks and roads are covered in sand and little pebbles from the tiny bit of snow we did get a few weeks ago (it's all melted now, but the dirt would wreck the wheels on my skates). I can't wait to play ball - the one girl who was a total b**** this past year decided to go start her own team for next year, so I will feel much more comfortable playing (she used to throw balls at people as hard as she could, for absolutely no reason. my arms were black and blue because of her). I want to play in the outfield, so I have to strengthen my arms.
Old 12-28-2005, 07:35 PM   #8  
2006 - Panda Remix

Welcome back Raelynn. It will be nice to have you back around here!

Love Amanda x
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 09:30 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Hey, welcome back!! It's so good to see you here again.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 12:35 AM   #10  
I'm bringin' SEXY back!!!

Height: 5'3 1/2

Welcome back!!
teahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 02:37 AM   #11  
Live for the Moment!

Raelynn - So happy to see you! I myself have been very scarce around here too and am terrified to step on the scale as I've completely let myself go over the last 6 months. I think right now I'm at the highest I've ever been and need to step back into reality myself. Right now, I'm focused on getting myself organized to get on plan as of the 2nd. We used to be such a great support system for each other. Let's pick up where we left off...okay? We want to go on a vacation somewhere hot next year and I want to be comfortable to wear a bathing suit. I had a huge wakeup call this week when I went to do some boxing day shopping and was having to buy size 22 pants. That's the largest I've ever bought. I've always been a 18/20 at my highest weight. I'm at the point where I'm absolutely disgusted with myself and I just don't even know where to start....
Br00klyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 11:26 AM   #12  
Future marathon runner

Thanks Amanda, Sheila and Tracy!

Celina - I'd be happy to be your support system! I can't get online nearly as much as I used to (or from work), but email works too. Are you planning your hot vacation in 2006 or 2007? We are planning to go back to Puerto Vallarta in April 2007, basically telling our friends that whoever wants to come, can come, so if this interests you, you should think about joining us. It's the same resort we've already been to, and it was phenominal. I had the same reality check when I was Boxing Day shopping - last year I was wearing a 14/16, and this year I had to buy 18/20. We can do it!
Old 12-29-2005, 11:36 AM   #13  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

Good to see you back. Looks like you are off to a great start already.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 11:43 AM   #14  
Jennifer

I have faith in both of you, Raelynn and Celina. I know you can do this. My best piece of advice for you is to build the habits first... pick one, even. I started with exercise and added the food changes after the exercise became a regular part of my routine. Then once you start seeing results, it gets a *lot* easier to keep going and to add in other good habits. Success breeds success; so much of this is a head game!

Hang in there. I know you can do it!
teapotdynamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 11:44 AM   #15  
Future marathon runner

Thanks Howie and Jennifer! You both are so inspirational!